The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

On 11/14/2017 at 7:06 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think it was mostly the screen. Four defenders all make an attempt to block/deflect the shot and two TPS forwards cross over just as the puck's coming through. Doubt the goalie saw it.

EDIT: not taking anything away from Olli here. Good play getting the shot through and taking advantage of the traffic/screen. 

I'm just excited to see a Canuck Defenseman get a shot through to the net with traffic in front and not into a defenders shin pads.

35 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Who is no 1?  Heskainen??

Yup. Just our luck that Juolevi is competing this season with a guy who's basically breaking the all-time Liiga U20 records right now.

Somewhat lost in that picture is the fact that Juolevi is currently outpacing (by a lot in some cases) the age 19/20 seasons put-up by guys like Sami Vatanen, Teppo Numminen, Joni Pitkänen, and Kimmo Timonen.

• Upvote 4

Love having Salo as our inside man on the TPS coaching staff. It's great that they're giving him an opportunity to play a big role, put up numbers, and help them win games this season. But it's also important that he's being developed with an eye to the future and toward the long term goal of becoming an effective NHL player. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

Here is the list of all the d-men and their scoring statistics. Hope it helps.

http://www.eurohockey.com/stats/league/2018/128-liiga.html?season=2018&type=1&position=4&nationality=0

I'm confused by that.  It says Heiskanen has played 7 games with 11 points to OJs 5 games and 8 points.

I thought they both had played more than that

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Love having Salo as our inside man on the TPS coaching staff. It's great that they're giving him an opportunity to play a big role, put up numbers, and help them win games this season. But it's also important that he's being developed with an eye to the future and toward the long term goal of becoming an effective NHL player. 

i was not very confident in salos teaching ability but hes been proving me wrong with his development of Juoelvi. glad he is our inside man.

cant wait to see Juolevi in the wjc.  is he eligible for Olympics since hes on loan?

31 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

i was not very confident in salos teaching ability but hes been proving me wrong with his development of Juoelvi. glad he is our inside man.

cant wait to see Juolevi in the wjc.  is he eligible for Olympics since hes on loan?

He is eligible for the Olympics and he is also on team Finland’s radar.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

He is eligible for the Olympics and he is also on team Finland’s radar.

I love me sound of that! that would be a great expereince for him. watch him shine without nhl players there. Finland and Sweden will probably fair pretty well without the canadian/american nhlers there.

10 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Why?  

Salo has TONS of experience. 

He was one of the best defensemen the Canucks have ever had.  

He played a rock solid d game. 

He is a very calm, cool and collected guy. 

He also always came off as a very intelligent, and personable kinda guy.  

So what out of those qualities would make you doubt his teaching abilities?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

Why?  

Salo has TONS of experience. 

He was one of the best defensemen the Canucks have ever had.  

He played a rock solid d game. 

He is a very calm, cool and collected guy. 

He also always came off as a very intelligent, and personable kinda guy.  

So what out of those qualities would make you doubt his teaching abilities?

Non yo business :D jk 

im not sure just a feeling. but clearly I was mistaken :D