The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

7 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

The only problem with everything that you said is that he wasn't sick. Tired, sure, but not sick.

Just exactly how do you know this? You are stating this as fact. What is your information source?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I think it took less than 2 minutes for that reply :lol:

Not only that, I outlined what I liked in the post directly below that, but you can't defend Juolevi there so it doesn't matter. 

The only problem with everything that you said is that he wasn't sick. Tired, sure, but not sick.

Influenssa - is the Finnish word for what many at WJC came down with.   OJ was noted as part of that group.   What is wrong with him getting sick?  Others got sick but there seems less fascination with that.   Apparently about 1/4 of the kids at the WJC.    Are the Canuck prospects supposed to be immune? :lol:

Guess what, you get sick you get tired - or is that not allowed either?

Some of you guys are hilarious with your unreal expectations.   Either that or you are same guy with three accounts as your posts all seem same topic and approach. All just to keep at the fact a kid isn’t allowed, in your world, to get sick once in a while?   :blink:

No one is defending anyone.  Hopefully OJ's immune system was the one defending him from the "influenssa" but no one can defend him from the bizarre fixation a few of you have on his health.   :lol:

3 hours ago, dura_mater said:

Add in a lot of odd comments from coaches - Salo saying his conditioning needs to be better if he's ever going to play in the NHL

This is not an odd comment, 99% of all junior players, and most players in pro leagues need to get in better shape in order to play in the best league in the world.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dura_mater said:

It was Jeff Marek and he specifically said it was when he talked to a CHL GM a year ago. 

Marek also says the player was a 1st round draft pick; then further narrows it down to a high pick.

A player from a VERY prominent NHL team.

CHL player.

Juolevi played in the CHL a year ago.  Because it was a year ago it eliminates 2017 draft.  Initial players coming to mind were Alex Nylander but he's never played in the CHL or wasn't at that time.  Ho-Sang; however, I'm not sure the Islanders are a VERY prominent NHL team.

Add in a lot of odd comments from coaches - Salo saying his conditioning needs to be better if he's ever going to play in the NHL.  Very poor showing at development camp.  Evan Bouchard stating that Juolevi loves to play video games then back tracking a bit.

When you're up all night playing video games and only getting 2 hours of sleep it could explain a lot of what is going on with Juolevi.  There are small things like you're a LOT more likely to get sick/flu.  It could also explain why he was often used so little this year.

I know a lot of people are going to disagree but if you look at who it could be from the 2016 and 2015 draft you end up by process of elimination with only a couple guys.  Juolevi is one of them.  And remember these were comments from a year ago so we can't entirely use his improved play this year to disqualify him.

this is the stupidest topic I've read on these boards for a long time

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, dura_mater said:

It was Jeff Marek and he specifically said it was when he talked to a CHL GM a year ago. 

Marek also says the player was a 1st round draft pick; then further narrows it down to a high pick.

A player from a VERY prominent NHL team.

CHL player.

Juolevi played in the CHL a year ago.  Because it was a year ago it eliminates 2017 draft.  Initial players coming to mind were Alex Nylander but he's never played in the CHL or wasn't at that time.  Ho-Sang; however, I'm not sure the Islanders are a VERY prominent NHL team.

Add in a lot of odd comments from coaches - Salo saying his conditioning needs to be better if he's ever going to play in the NHL.  Very poor showing at development camp.  Evan Bouchard stating that Juolevi loves to play video games then back tracking a bit.

When you're up all night playing video games and only getting 2 hours of sleep it could explain a lot of what is going on with Juolevi.  There are small things like you're a LOT more likely to get sick/flu.  It could also explain why he was often used so little this year.

I know a lot of people are going to disagree but if you look at who it could be from the 2016 and 2015 draft you end up by process of elimination with only a couple guys.  Juolevi is one of them.  And remember these were comments from a year ago so we can't entirely use his improved play this year to disqualify him.

Three flaws with this.    

1.   Evan Bouchard never said that.    I follow London and know some of the Knight management.   I listened to that entire interview.   Someone is trolling Canuck fans with that for reasons I can only guess at. 

2.  It was BS for this to get leaked but it specifically referred to a player in CHL this season - THIS season - that excludes anyone in AHL, Finland, Sweden etc.

3.  OJ was playing professional hockey this year.   Unlike junior hockey, pro teams can have a say in a lot of things about conduct, curfew etc. and not a hope with a roommate, travel, doctor evaluations etc. that any pro player could "get away" with such a thing in today's game.....particularly in Europe to be honest where you are together far more as a team than in North America in my experience.

I hope that the kid that this is about gets things sorted but it was crap to release that information and it is even worse crap to speculate about kids it clearly cannot be.   Some people are pretty freakin' pathetic.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Influenssa - is the Finnish word for what many at WJC came down with.   OJ was noted as part of that group.   What is wrong with him getting sick?  Others got sick but there seems less fascination with that.   Apparently about 1/4 of the kids at the WJC.    Are the Canuck prospects supposed to be immune? :lol:

Guess what, you get sick you get tired - or is that not allowed either?

Some of you guys are hilarious with your unreal expectations.   Either that or you are same guy with three accounts as your posts all seem same topic and approach. All just to keep at the fact a kid isn’t allowed, in your world, to get sick once in a while?   :blink:

No one is defending anyone.  Hopefully OJ's immune system was the one defending him from the "influenssa" but no one can defend him from the bizarre fixation a few of you have on his health.   :lol:

Ok let me ask this: if Juolevi was sick after the WJC, why wouldn't Salo say that he's sick?

When Pettersson got sick at the WC there was a report he got sick. When Ehlers was scratched against Vegas the team came out and said he was ill. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Just exactly how do you know this? You are stating this as fact. What is your information source?

If he was sick, there would've been a report on it like there was for Pettersson. If nothing else, his coach could've said something on it. But there was nothing on either front.

1 minute ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Ok let me ask this: if Juolevi was sick after the WJC, why wouldn't Salo say that he's sick?

When Pettersson got sick at the WC there was a report he got sick. When Ehlers was scratched against Vegas the team came out and said he was ill. 

Ehlers was said to have a “lower body injury”.  In other words he was a healthy scratch.

OJ will be in our top four next season.  I see him logging over 20 minutes a game, and partnered with Tanev.

37 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I perked up with Salo comparing Juolevi to Kimmo Timonen. Very solid player.

Yeah same here. Timonen plus a little more size would be unbelievable. If his career is anything like that he will be one of the best defensemen in Canucks history. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ehlers was said to have a “lower body injury”.  In other words he was a healthy scratch.

OJ will be in our top four next season.  I see him logging over 20 minutes a game, and partnered with Tanev.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/news/nhl-playoffs-jets-golden-knights-nikolaj-ehlers-injury-update-status-unclear/lepjvu7kz4b81r0cy3luijjxu

"Nikolaj Ehlers update: Jets winger was ill not injured, available for Game 4, reports say"

1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

You may have to ask Salo.   I cannot speak for him.   Salo also didn’t comment on OJ’s clothing or music taste either.   

I am at a loss to know why two of you are so fixated with this.   A good quarter of WJC players got flu, likely from each other, Finnish papers noted it may have impacted their play.   Son what?   Why would Salo even care?   

Are you that fixated with OJ that you cannot fathom him getting the sniffles?  What if he ever got hurt, would that destroy you!?   

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Sounds similar to what Turku and Helsinki news said about their junior team.   So Ehlers is allowed to get flu but OJ isn’t?   What an odd premise.   Dude,  really odd.:huh:

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You may have to ask Salo.   I cannot speak for him.   Salo also didn’t comment on OJ’s clothing or music taste either.   

I am at a loss to know why two of you are so fixated with this.   A good quarter of WJC players got flu, likely from each other, Finnish papers noted it may have impacted their play.   Son what?   Why would Salo even care?   

Are you that fixated with OJ that you cannot fathom him getting the sniffles?  What if he ever got hurt, would that destroy you!?   

I don't know why you always say @The 5th Line's stuff is funny, this is like watching someone beat their head against a wall. 

8 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Sounds similar to what Turku and Helsinki news said about their junior team.   So Ehlers is allowed to get flu but OJ isn’t?   What an odd premise.   Dude,  really odd.:huh:

Do you have a link, or are you making it up?

I'm happy to eat crow if you have a credible source.