The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Oh ffs....

Take it back to Tim Hortons and keep flinging your poop there for the love of Howe.

If you have an issue with a report said person quoted deal with that somewhere else.  you've literally been going back and forth on this since December.

Just think about how awfully terribly and completely sad that is that you would waste your lives spending 5 full months or so complaining about this.

FTFY

• Haha 2

On 5/19/2018 at 12:05 AM, I.Am.Ironman said:

I don't see why he can't be a Tanev with more offense. That would be pretty good. Tanev is a 2nd pairing guy on a championship caliber team.

I personally think Tanev is a #2 on whatever kind of team.  Not strong enough to carry a 1st pairing but not out of place on it either (so as long as the other guy is also a 1st pairing guy).

I think after a couple of years OJ will be the best defenseman in his draft year.   I think things just came a bit easy for him and how London used him in his draft +1 year seemed to throw off his development and confidence a bit.  I can tell the Salo sees greatness but wants him to work hard so he speaks cautiously. He also wants to temper fans expectations for a 19 year old defenceman.   

I went back and looked at the consensus rankings on mynhldraft.com where they compiled them from 11 sources.  Sergachev was behind OJ and Chychrun.  Mcavoy was 6th ranked defenceman behind Fabbro and Bean as well.  I think JB made the right choice. 

• Upvote 3

On 19/05/2018 at 12:04 AM, DontMessMe said:

solid 2nd pairing guy for 5th overall is meh... I was hoping he would be a top pairing guy. Like a solid #2D

I hope for more as well. I just dont see him as a top pairing guy.

But hey... Its still way too early to tell.  I'm rooting for his success.

• Cheers 1

On 2018-05-20 at 7:18 PM, The 5th Line said:

Well you didn't need to butt into the conversation at all but you did, and instead of questioning the guys fake news report you turn this around on me, and tell me I am speculating that he wasn't sick.  Okay.  Cool

I didn't need to? More like it's not what you wanted to hear so now you are whining to me about it. Weak minded people keep digging up grudges. Stronger minded people get over it.

Don't be weak-minded.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

just realized...

he finished 1st among his team for points as a dman during the playoffs...

lead his team in ice time..... (sure there were injuries but still...coach could have used 5 other guys, he used Juolevi)

3rd in total points for his team during the playoffs.....

in other words, he finished on a high note, and once again like last season, he played his best hockey during his teams playoff runs.

Juolevi is a big game player, just like boeser, Horvat and Pettersson, when games matter the most.  Juolevi was London's best skater during their play off run in 2017.  in 2018 he was called upon to be the teams number 1 dman during their playoff run.

Boeser lead his team to a champion ship in 2016 when it mattered the most, his game picked up and was their best player.

Elias Pettersson needs to introduction of what he was able to do during his playoff run, literally dismantled the other team himself.

Bo Horvat, played of the game against Swissterland, according to Flames fans, he Horvat out played Monahan and was a beast himself in that series against the Lames.

we got some big game players on our hands boys... honestly....

Add Dahlen to that list.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

How is Brisebois doing these days? He was drafted (#66) with fairly high expectations 3 years ago. In fact, he was the best D hopeful we had for a bit. Any chance Guilliaume makes the NHL at some point? Or Has Sautner and McEneny passed him on the depth chart? Juolevi was drafted 2 years ago, and is hopefully ready to move from Europe back to NA. I still think he'll need a year in Utica before joining the Canucks full time. Maybe they bring him up for a few games next year, just to see where he's at.

Back to the D depth chart, does this look right? 

Edler - Tanev

Del Zotto - Gudbranson

Hutton - Stecher

Pouliot - Biega

Juolevi - Chatfield

Sautner -

McEneny -

Brisebois -

Rathbone -

Gunnarsson

Brassard -

Then if the Canucks draft another D with the #7, Brisebois may never see Canucks action. Notice how few right-shot Ds the Canucks have.

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

How is Brisebois doing these days? He was drafted (#66) with fairly high expectations 3 years ago. In fact, he was the best D hopeful we had for a bit. Any chance Guilliaume makes the NHL at some point? Or Has Sautner and McEneny passed him on the depth chart? Juolevi was drafted 2 years ago, and is hopefully ready to move from Europe back to NA. I still think he'll need a year in Utica before joining the Canucks full time. Maybe they bring him up for a few games next year, just to see where he's at.

Back to the D depth chart, does this look right? 

Edler - Tanev

Del Zotto - Gudbranson

Hutton - Stecher

Pouliot - Biega

Juolevi - Chatfield

Sautner -

McEneny -

Brisebois -

Rathbone -

Gunnarsson

Brassard -

Then if the Canucks draft another D with the #7, Brisebois may never see Canucks action. Notice how few right-shot Ds the Canucks have.  Another year or two with the Comets and we may see him in Van yet.

According to some of our Utica fans, Brisebois had a decent season this year.  Keep in mind that Sautner has 3 years on him.

4 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

According to some of our Utica fans, Brisebois had a decent season this year.  Keep in mind that Sautner has 3 years on him.

Oh yeah, I never noticed that. Sautner (24) and McEneny (24) are both 3+ years older than Brisebois (20). This gives some hope for Brisebois anyway. Maybe we do see him on the Canucks in 2-3 years?

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Oh yeah, I never noticed that. Sautner (24) and McEneny (24) are both 3+ years older than Brisebois (20). This gives some hope for Brisebois anyway. Maybe we do see him on the Canucks in 2-3 years?

I think we might, Nucker.  He looks like he could have some offensive + side and is (apparently) very a very calming influence on the back end.

50 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

+ Dobson/Bouchard

Seems that we could be drafting another big game player this June

I too would not mind us drafting a big Canadian D man that is right handed and can run a powerplay/has a booming clapper.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Re-sign Edler for a couple year as Juolevi comes on line. Tryamkin comes back in two years, allowing Edler to slide back to 3rd pair and eventually Brisebois takes over 3rd pair left side.

as prospects, a lot of our prospects have won something significant at their respected Levels

forgot Dhalen helped his team back to the Swehl

Boeser won the NCAA championship in 2016 (biggest award for College hockey, NCAA's Stanley cup)

Juolevi won the Memorial cup in 2016 (biggest team award for Junior hockey, its the Stanley cup for the CHL)

(also won a gold medal himself)

Demko was one game away from a NCAA championship final, (lost to Boesers team, no shame in that)

Gaudette won a Bean Pot, still a huge team accomplishment, almost made it to the NCAA finals,

Horvat made it to the memorial cup

Pettersson won a million things I can't count em all.  doing it against men.

Gadjovich and Virtanen both have gold medals at the WJC

our prospects have showed up in big games, and proven successful.  It's impossible to win it all the time, and failure is an everyday thing in hockey.

we got some championship blood in our pool. 

I'm sounding like a homer, but honestly I havent seen a Canuck prospect pool this strong before. Last was 2000