The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

17 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I wonder if Salo would like one more year with OJ as he seemed to have a good read on the development needs and the progress was really strong during the season and particularly when the games got more physical/faster in the playoffs.   Cull seems to be a good coach for the kids that play D - Green was good for Boeser....but not sure on the D as much as he pretty much left that up to Baumgartner I believe.    Perhaps the best move the Canucks can make with OJ is to put him where he develops the best next  year - even if he is more than ready for the NHL - so they can maximize his ceiling as they already know the floor looks really good.

I would rather just bring them both over here.  Salo is a class act, have him continue to work with him here.  The forward core seemed to do well with Green as did Edler but many of the D seemed to struggle this year.

I figure it will either be OJ or whoever we draft this year that gets in the lineup on D.  Imagine all the hand ringing if he went back to Europe for another year.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I would rather just bring them both over here.  Salo is a class act, have him continue to work with him here.  The forward core seemed to do well with Green as did Edler but many of the D seemed to struggle this year.

I figure it will either be OJ or whoever we draft this year that gets in the lineup on D.  Imagine all the hand ringing if he went back to Europe for another year.

I'm going to buy stock in hand cream just to be prepared.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, joe-max said:

Honestly, can you (both) not just let it go? I mean, feel free to carry your grudge with you wherever you go, but does it really have to be warmed up in every second post? Or have your pillow fight over who is the imposter and who is the troll via pm. It's getting tiring, really. Even Vintage has picked up on it recently and that means to me: enough is enough, thank you, sit down and relax. Heiderzacken!

I have come to rely on CDC for much of my hockey news and @-Vintage Canuck- has done a very good job making sure to keep this site updated with information. I honestly can't remember a single instance where he didn't cite a source or posted misleading on incorrect info, and he does it all with robot-like efficiency. It takes dedication and commitment to keep this up over years.

If you have the balls to call out one of the most respected posters on this website then you damn well make sure that you have impeccable credibility. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Toews said:

I have come to rely on CDC for much of my hockey news and @-Vintage Canuck- has done a very good job making sure to keep this site updated with information. I honestly can't remember a single instance where he didn't cite a source or posted misleading on incorrect info, and he does it all with robot-like efficiency. It takes dedication and commitment to keep this up over years.

If you have the balls to call out one of the most respected posters on this website then you damn well make sure that you have impeccable credibility. 

Pretty sure he's not calling out Vintage....<_<

10 hours ago, joe-max said:

Honestly, can you (both) not just let it go? I mean, feel free to carry your grudge with you wherever you go, but does it really have to be warmed up in every second post? Or have your pillow fight over who is the imposter and who is the troll via pm. It's getting tiring, really. Even Vintage has picked up on it recently and that means to me: enough is enough, thank you, sit down and relax. Heiderzacken!

It's done from my perspective.   Permanent ignore after several valued posters here sent me messages on the dude's background...if I would have known, wouldn't have even given the troll the link but now that he has checked it (using Google translate I would imagine), think he will apologize....:lol:.   His fascination with kids not allowed to be ill is simply bizarre.   

Vintage is one of the posters I always look forward to opening a post from.   Only reason he got involved was my disappointment with him posting something I know to be false about a really good kid.   He has since removed that post.    That is what good people do.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, aGENT said:

Given all the depth we have on left D, that's probably where he is, even if he could technically be 'ready'.

I agree.   I think OJ and the Canucks should have a longer-term view for him - this kid could be a top pairing guy for a team challenging for the Cup for a decade if he can come out every game like he played in the recent playoff run.   

4 hours ago, Jester13 said:

I guess the difference between you and me is that I don't read something and automatically react with my emotions, so I don't need to censor posters on here in order to reinforce my confirmation bias. 

No, I view the world differently.   Only so many hours in a day so why waste mine on trolls?   Nothing to do with censorship but when someone is so relentlessly predictable and has nothing really to offer, removing that person's drivel from my life is all pluses as far as I can see.   Nothing do with emotions - simply logical.   Again, you seem to view it differently - more than fine.    

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Oh, if Vancouver could convince Sami and his family (and what I am sure is a constantly on stand-by medical team) to come to Vancouver take take over as Canuck assistant coach in charge of D.....then, absolutely.   Sami is good people and smart dude.   Could see him doing head coaching down the road if he wants to get back into the game more intensely.

2 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

I'm literally providing proof of this guys trolling and yet I'm still the troll?  Where is there any evidence of me trolling?  Bring it up, quote it, prove it.

You guys are sheep.  Baahhh :goat:

No such thing as a “Troll”, as indicated in this context.  People are entitled to their opinions.  We can agree or disagree with those opinions.  

I firmly believe OJ plays with Tanev this season, and is a valuable part of our top four.  It’s my opinion, and posters can agree or disagree; that’s up to them. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Top four minutes with Edler, Guddy, and Tanev.  

He hasn't played a single game yet, Alf.

Also, I think I had a nightmare about an Edler Guddy pairing... Or was that real? Feels like it happened once and it was awful