The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

While I agree, it was clear that this was BS from the first time it was reported.   Instead of believing credible and consistently accurate sources, bringing trolls onto the board and giving them a voice through the most credible and respected posters here is not ideal.    Just saying, and I will say it again, I expected better of you.    I look forward to every post you make and the time you spend on this board is amazing - you contribute to one of the best hockey forums in existence.    Please help keep it that way.

This is rich. Complete projection.

If only most of us posters could say the same thing about looking forward to your posts on here. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Crap!  I read this, and since it's coming from our most reliable and respected poster, I assumed it to be vetted and true.  Then I read further into the thread and saw that this is made up and lies.  Thank Goodness!!!!

You go me good on this one @-Vintage Canuck-  My heart hasn't raced that fast in a long time.  Kind of a cool feeling!!!! :lol:

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

This is rich. Complete projection.

If only most of us posters could say the same thing about looking forward to your posts on here. 

There is an ignore button.   I encourage you to use it.   Enjoying reading fake crap on prospects to your heart's content! :)

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

I dunno, Rob.  You do offer some good opinions and insight on many occasions.  But you got realize that your credibility will be questioned (not only for the Juolevi flu post)...I usually take your posts with a grain of salt...but questioning Vintage Canucks motives...who in my mind is the backbone of these forums...is kinda laughable.

I mean here you are presenting yourself as "Rob Zepp", a guy that used to play pro, and now posts here hundreds of times a month because you just happen to be following Canuck prospects so closely (even though the Canucks are not your favorite team if I recall correctly?).  Not only that, you chum around with scouts, and watch games involving our prospects in the middle of the night with multiple scouts .

I think I know who to believe more...

Now that we are past the whole "Olli has a gaming addiction that will ruin his career", which was laughably completely inane in the first place, perhaps we can make speculation about who this player?  I'm thinking it's Tanner Glass.  He got cut from the WJC team.  Glass does fit the original report too, right?  He does play junior.

Honestly wish Marek had never shared that story to begin with because this is exactly what I thought would happen.

Even without definite confirmation of who the subject of the report was, discussions about Juolevi on CDC and abroad have gone from reasonably healthy debates about his playing abilities and development to an excessive microanalysis of details of his personal life. Add the fact that people's opinions about Juolevi are already quite divided and you get a bunch of childish bickering about everything from Juolevi's gaming habits to who is a credible news source.

I'm not going to bother reading this thread again for a long time because there's nothing useful to be gained from it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Honestly wish Marek had never shared that story to begin with because this is exactly what I thought would happen.

Even without definite confirmation of who the subject of the report was, discussions about Juolevi on CDC and abroad have gone from reasonably healthy debates about his playing abilities and development to an excessive microanalysis of details of his personal life. Add the fact that people's opinions about Juolevi are already quite divided and you get a bunch of childish bickering about everything from Juolevi's gaming habits to who is a credible news source.

I'm not going to bother reading this thread again for a long time because there's nothing useful to be gained from it.

yeah, that was really irresponsible from an actual journalist, and a moderately respected one at that.  That`s a blogger-twitter move

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Now that we are past the whole "Olli has a gaming addiction that will ruin his career", which was laughably completely inane in the first place, perhaps we can make speculation about who this player?  I'm thinking it's Tanner Glass.  He got cut from the WJC team.  Glass does fit the original report too, right?  He does play junior.

Tanner Glass is 35 years old, guessing its not him

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, stawns said:

yeah, that was really irresponsible from an actual journalist, and a moderately respected one at that.  That`s a blogger-twitter move

Yes, Marek should know better than dropping his 'hinting' bomb like that.  Now he's stating that it isn't Joulevi, so the piranhas will keep searching the hockey data bases until they can finds another 'likely subject'.

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Juolevi's agent should be rightly ticked.

Anyone's agent would be rightly ticked. Hasn't even played an NHL game yet, and already our garbage heap of a media team is making up stories.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Anyone's agent would be rightly ticked. Hasn't even played an NHL game yet, and already our garbage heap of a media team is making up stories.

The guy's twitter has a cover image of Toronto, and claims to be Surrey-Toronto.  Never heard of him before, but smells of a Botchford-like Leaf-fan transplant.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

The guy's twitter has a cover image of Toronto, and claims to be Surrey-Toronto.  Never heard of him before, but smells of a Botchford-like Leaf-fan transplant.

Surrey-Toronto? Explains the garbage reporting. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Qwags said:

18 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Juolevi's agent should be rightly ticked.

Im avtually pretty sure thats legally slander isnt it? spreading harmful information about a public figure even though you dont know it to be true 

Can we not just agree that posting bogus sources is bad no matter who's posting them?

If everyone just sticks to the rules of the forum we'll all be better off.

No need to feed the piranhas, let them starve.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1