The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

On April 5, 2017 at 9:31 PM, messier's_elbow said:

If we have a chance at Vilardi and JB passes, I will lose my $@%

It doesn't matter who JB picks somebody is gonna loose their bowels. I like Casey M over Gabriel V personally but what if JB passes on Nolan what if he grabs a D or reaches for Necas, Suzuki? No matter what he does people are gonna be crying foul!

• Upvote 2

Tanev, Baertschi + 2nd (preferably CBJ's) for Landeskog is about the only scenario I'd accept for either if them leaving.

Landeskog - Horvat - Eriksson

Granlund - Hischier - Boeser

Sedin - Sedin - Goldobin

Boucher - Sutter - Virtanen

*drools*

Sbisa, Gudbranson and Edler are the three D-men we need to shed. We've got a log jam there and there are 3 top end D men that we should be targeting at the 2018 draft (Dahlin, Merkley, Boqvist). Obviously Tanev (as one of the best defensive players in the league and on a good contract) will command a high price, but hopefully we can lose Sbisa and his awful contract to Vegas and recoup reasonable value for Guddy (who is overrated and will definitely look for too much money) and Edler (given we likely won't be a serious contender before 2020, when he'd be 34, I think we should move him before he declines - he's still a decent Top 4 D man for a contender).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

Off-topic. 

Trading Hutton for a draft pick makes no sense. If you have this opinion, although entitled to it, it's plain and simply just wrong. There is no way around it. 

Hutton is a young proven NHL commodity who is still just starting his development at this level, you don't trade that for a lottery ticket player with several years behind on development without any guarantees. 

Fine, if you must trade him, you trade him for a young forward who has had similar success and projects to be of equal value in the future as well. 

Totally agree.  Why move backwards with an unproven prospect for the sake of 3-4 years younger. 

1 hour ago, EagleShield said:

Tanev, Baertschi + 2nd (preferably CBJ's) for Landeskog is about the only scenario I'd accept for either if them leaving.

Landeskog - Horvat - Eriksson

Granlund - Hischier - Boeser

Sedin - Sedin - Goldobin

Boucher - Sutter - Virtanen

*drools*

Sbisa, Gudbranson and Edler are the three D-men we need to shed. We've got a log jam there and there are 3 top end D men that we should be targeting at the 2018 draft (Dahlin, Merkley, Boqvist). Obviously Tanev (as one of the best defensive players in the league and on a good contract) will command a high price, but hopefully we can lose Sbisa and his awful contract to Vegas and recoup reasonable value for Guddy (who is overrated and will definitely look for too much money) and Edler (given we likely won't be a serious contender before 2020, when he'd be 34, I think we should move him before he declines - he's still a decent Top 4 D man for a contender).

We won't be trading Guddy.  There is more that he can bring.  That is piss poor asset management. Sbisa is now playing roughly to his worth.  I would prefer not to lose him.  Trade either Edler or Tanev.  Get a decent return and not lose a d nan to Vegas.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

If we finish 29th are we guaranteed a top 5 pick? Because I thought Vegas can't draft lower than 5th overall this year.  

Vegas is guaranteed 3 place in the lottery. Which means anywhere from 1-6 draft position. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

We won't be trading Guddy.  There is more that he can bring.  That is piss poor asset management. Sbisa is now playing roughly to his worth.  I would prefer not to lose him.  Trade either Edler or Tanev.  Get a decent return and not lose a d nan to Vegas.  

Indeed, look at what we'd have on D -- Tryamkin and a bunch of lightweights.  Gudbranson was brought in to help fix that situation, so moving both him and Sbisa will not happen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canorth said:

Vegas is guaranteed 3 place in the lottery. Which means anywhere from 1-6 draft position. 

Thanks! I think I made up that Las Vegas was guaranteed a top 5 pick in my head. Huge game tonight, losing tonight would be huge for the franchise.

16 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

I want size, hitting, hard to knockoff the puck type something that would make top d-men work no more soft players please we need hard nosed players in our top 6.

I think you are looking for Nolan Patrick or Vilardi. I agree we need players like that especially in the west. We can always add some skill on the wings to complement them. 

• Upvote 3

I think we need a C more than we need an offensive RD

If we take Patrick or Mittlestadt we will have a guy with the skills to jump into the second line center position in a couple years. 

Goldobin Horvat Boesser

Beartchi Mittelstadt Granlund 

Boucher Sutter Dahlen 

Moligno Shore Chaput 

Jolevi Stetcher

Hutton Tyramkin 

Subban Gudbranson 

9 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

I think we need a C more than we need an offensive RD

If we take Patrick or Mittlestadt we will have a guy with the skills to jump into the second line center position in a couple years. 

Goldobin Horvat Boesser

Beartchi Mittelstadt Granlund 

Boucher Sutter Dahlen 

Moligno Shore Chaput 

Jolevi Stetcher

Hutton Tyramkin 

Subban Gudbranson 

we seem to need 2 important pieces still. another top pairing d man (w/ offensive skills) and a top 6 C (ideally an elite 1A or 1B).

we may be a little away from reaching that.  we almost need to suck for 1 more year.  Patrick or Hischier would solve the C need.  Lilegren might cover the d need. you can find quality elite d in later rounds though so it might be better to grab the C.  I believe Mittlestat might be one of those top C we need. 

Anyway the islanders would part with Barzal? 

I could see them having interest in Tanev if they want to keep Taverse happy on a competitive team. 

If we dont win a top pick, selecting Liljegre and trading for a young center like Barzal wouldn't be a bad idea.

In Horvat, Boeser, Baertschi, and Granlund we appear to already have half our future top six, with Goldobin, Dahlen, Virtanen, and this year's pick as solid potential to fill the rest.  Unknowns in Lockwood and Gaudette still on the way, too, along with potential trade of a good dman for another. 

• Upvote 1