The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

blaming the coach for his own downfall is a joke, maybe he should just stay in Sweden and retire. he doesn't deserve a top 6  spot. this past year Green has  come out to the press and has said nothing but good things about him, so where does he get off being a whiner!!!

• Wat 1

47 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

ftfy 

Its going to be Lucic plus if it actually happens but i don't think 8th overall. The Oilers wont use their first to get a less physical 3rd liner for 1 year less., If they was a cap savings per year maybe, but not in a bad contract for bad contract deal.  

12 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Its going to be Lucic plus if it actually happens but i don't think 8th overall. The Oilers wont use their first to get a less physical 3rd liner for 1 year less., If they was a cap savings per year maybe, but not in a bad contract for bad contract deal.  

then it has to be a hard pass 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Loui didn't do himself any favors with that interview.  If anything TG has defended him all year long despite his poor play.

Don't know if he gets the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I'm not sure. I like the comments as it may be the beginnings of trading LE. Maybe it helps another team think they can turn his play around. Obviously a stretch on my part as it will cost to get rid of him. But ya, I like the friction. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't agree that Green was tanking on purpose, but I do think Loui is correct and there may not be much trust there in terms of putting him back in a top 6 role. 

I've only read the translation so I don't know what Loui really said in Swedish so maybe the meaning has been skewed a bit? 

Personally I blame the previous coach Willie D. I remember that he gave Loui and the Sedins a 10 game look before breaking that up and trying other things. Destroyed the chemistry right out of the gate imo and Willie was the one to drop Loui to the 4th line whereas no previous coach had done that. 

It's a decent translation in the tsn-goggle version.  

I'm talking about tanking due to Coach Greens strategy in games seen. 

Markström has been left alone a lot against really tough teams. You don't play like that if you are on the verge to play off. But if you deliberately want to tank you put players in roles not suitable. As the Petey role where he goes around hit people instead of use the energy to score. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Loui didn't do himself any favors with that interview.  If anything TG has defended him all year long despite his poor play.

Don't know if he gets the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Whats said to the media and what is said to the player may be something totally different. I don't see how we can trade him for anything other then a bad contract back and hope it works in our favour.  He has a NTC 3 years left and is payed probably 3 to 3.5 aav too much. 

8 minutes ago, rekker said:

Makes me like Travis even more. In no way should Coach Green be happy with LE's performance. And yes, LE should be hearing it from his coach. 

I say likewise here... Do you know how Green coached Loui? 

so why is Loui blaming  coach green, when Loui has been here and played lousy for 3 years and coach Green has been here only 2 years. sounds like he doesn't want to take responsibility  for his own crappy play!    

The sooner this team can move on from Eriksson’s useless ass, the better off they’ll be. Frankly, I’d be fine if Benning traded him for Milan Lucic and a high pick or Benson. Tired of Loui’s barrage of excuses for why he sucks goat nuts. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The sooner this team can move on from Eriksson’s useless ass, the better off they’ll be. Frankly, I’d be fine if Benning traded him for Milan Lucic and a high pick or Benson. Tired of Loui’s barrage of excuses for why he sucks goat nuts. 

Going to have to start calling you blunt phillip lol.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Loui is complaining about his role?  Trade his a$$ for Lucic.  I’d rather have Big Milan out there with Petey. Loui had three hits the entire season.  How in the hell can a guy getting his opportunity only have three hits?  He’s soft and slow.  At least Milan can play with and edge.  

Don't trade away our old has been player for an old slower has been player with a longer contract.

Dump loui on a cap floor team.  But DO NOT take another crap contract back for him. If you can't dump him buy him out or keep playing him on a defensive 4th line.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I say likewise here... Do you know how Green coached Loui? 

No idea. But I live in BC. Obviously just hear say but I know a guy who knows Travis. From what I hear Coach Green cant stand LE. Just gossip though. My new user name should be Eklund. Lol. 

51 minutes ago, bree2 said:

trading for lucic would be a disaster, he can't skate , he couldn't keep up with McDavid , what makes people think putting him with  Petey would help, I would rather keep Ericksson!

Yeah he cant keep up to the fastest player in the league currently... maybe ever.

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

It's a decent translation in the tsn-goggle version.  

I'm talking about tanking due to Coach Greens strategy in games seen. 

Markström has been left alone a lot against really tough teams. You don't play like that if you are on the verge to play off. But if you deliberately want to tank you put players in roles not suitable. As the Petey role where he goes around hit people instead of use the energy to score. 

yeah i don't know about Petey, I thought that it was more that he was just seeing tougher competition down the stretch and like all rookies needed time to adjust. He was getting back to form at the end of the year tho.

Marky just had crappy d in front of him.

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Don't trade away our old has been player for an old slower has been player with a longer contract.

Dump loui on a cap floor team.  But DO NOT take another crap contract back for him. If you can't dump him buy him out or keep playing him on a defensive 4th line.

I agree.  I’m thinking if it’s one or the other I’d rather have Milan, providing he waives his NMC for the Seattle draft.