The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks working on one of Landeskog or Marleau

Type R

Starting point for Landeskog is probably Edler + Virtanen + pick, or Boeser + Juolevi + Pick, or Tanev + Virtanen for Landy + pick (3rd).

Colorado isn't taking less than that, no reason to bend over for us and give out a player that will cause heavy impact in the same division for the next 10+ years. 

I love the idea of having a player like Landeskog in a Nucks uniform, but the price is going to be far more hefty than what most of you assume.

4 minutes ago, C.Schneider said:

Starting point for Landeskog is probably Edler + Virtanen + pick, or Boeser + Juolevi + Pick, or Tanev + Virtanen for Landy + pick (3rd).

Colorado isn't taking less than that, no reason to bend over for us and give out a player that will cause heavy impact in the same division for the next 10+ years. 

I love the idea of having a player like Landeskog in a Nucks uniform, but the price is going to be far more hefty than what most of you assume.

:lol::lol::lol:

Larseon got Hall.  Tanev will easily get Landeskog.  If Sakic wants an elite shut down D he pays up.  Even then, I think JB demands more than just Landeskog.

Tanev for Landeskog and a second is more than fair, considering the market.  

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Larseon got Hall.  Tanev will easily get Landeskog.  If Sakic wants an elite shut down D he pays up.  Even then, I think JB demands more than just Landeskog.

No, he won't.

Just now, elvis15 said:

No, he won't.

Why not?  The market is the market.  "The house down the street sold for 3 million, but you want to buy mine for only 2 mi.lion, and mine is better?  Go and take a flying...."

The market is set.  If Joe wants an elit shut down D, he pays the market price. 

6 hours ago, canuktravella said:

mmm sbisa has value alot of teams need  a borderline 4 5/6 dman  at moment plus dorsett or sbisa might be claimed in  expansion if van doesnt trade them before hand. 

marleau isnt worth that id offer them burrows and a third and a prospect with little chance to make team like mackenzie or mceneny maxxx

Burrows, 3rd, and an AHL prospect for Marleau? That's real CDC.

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why not?  The market is the market.  "The house down the street sold for 3 million, but you want to buy mine for only 2 mi.lion, and mine is better?  Go and take a flying...."

The market is set.  If Joe wants an elit shut down D, he pays the market price. 

i agree. i think the market is set. and if Sakic wants a premier shutdown dman in Tanev. then he has to pay. and that payment is probably a young forward coming back. didn't Tanev play for Canada this past summer. and he looked really good. like. probably their best defenseman. that's saying something. 

Tanev is entering his prime years. and people here keep saying that defenseman are more valuable than forwards. well. why is this different?  Tanev is a good player. and a very good defenseman, not only for the Canucks but in the league as well. he's underrated. too much in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

No, he won't.

He's also not getting a combination of any three of

Tanev/Virtanen/Boeser/Hutton/Demko/Edler/Hansen and a first like so many are posting here.

As stated, the market was set for young defenders with the Hall trade

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

It's a friggin proper plan, more so than a dream.  If only our owner would allow JB to do this.  He won't though.  Why?  What's wrong with AQUALINI?  

it's a conspiracy by association, aqua: fish, whale, orca, water, sink, drown, sunk.  we need an owner goes by the name jack or simeone from lumby: it's full of jacks, then: lumby, jack, johnny canuck, exciting trades, new young core, nice new jerseys with jc on the cover and i can finally buy a jersey of a winning team that would also look flash

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He's also not getting a combination of any three of

Tanev/Virtanen/Boeser/Hutton/Demko/Edler/Hansen and a first like so many are posting here.

As stated, the market was set for young defenders with the Hall trade

That is true but Tanev has basically 0 offensive upside. The market for 1 dimentional defencemen is not the same.

Also Tanev is basically at his peak development wise, where a player like Larsson likely will still improve and end up being a well rounded #1 dman. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Just because Edmonton made a terrible trade based on a need and a surplus, it doesn't mean Tanev is suddenly worth his weight in gold. Assuming every other gm is willing to pay a kings random for a defensive d-man simply isn't realistic 

Ya, my name is Joe Sakic and I haven't done anything since I started running the Avalanche. Some people including myself think I'm in the hot seat. So I'm going to trade young Captain Landedkog to Vancouver for Tanev, or Maybe Edler with CLB's 2nd and maybe like Hansen or something. That should make things better. 

42 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

i agree. i think the market is set. and if Sakic wants a premier shutdown dman in Tanev. then he has to pay. and that payment is probably a young forward coming back. didn't Tanev play for Canada this past summer. and he looked really good. like. probably their best defenseman. that's saying something. 

Tanev is entering his prime years. and people here keep saying that defenseman are more valuable than forwards. well. why is this different?  Tanev is a good player. and a very good defenseman, not only for the Canucks but in the league as well. he's underrated. too much in my opinion. 

I don't understand... Are some of you like N4ZZY actually delusional enough to think that Tanev has vast trade value? He is literally detrimental to offensive play when he is on the ice. AHL defensemen generate more offense than he does. All he does is pass the puck to his D partner and let them commit all the turnovers.

Not saying he has no value or he is a plug, but you have to understand that the offensive skillset is what gives defensemen significant value, they have to have some significant offensive asset(s). Adam Larsson can produce at the NHL level, and he is still developing. To think that Tanev has the value in the same neighbourhood as Larsson is hilarious... Didn't see Edmonton giving us Taylor Hall for Tanev.

If Tanev + Virtanen is enough to get us Landeskog, then the Avalanche would do it because Virtanen was in the deal, not because Tanev was in the deal.

4 minutes ago, Aircool said:

I don't understand... Are some of you like N4ZZY actually delusional enough to think that Tanev has vast trade value? He is literally detrimental to offensive play when he is on the ice. AHL defensemen generate more offense than he does. All he does is pass the puck to his D partner and let them commit all the turnovers.

Not saying he has no value or he is a plug, but you have to understand that the offensive skillset is what gives defensemen significant value, they have to have some significant offensive asset(s). Adam Larsson can produce at the NHL level, and he is still developing. To think that Tanev has the value in the same neighbourhood as Larsson is hilarious... Didn't see Edmonton giving us Taylor Hall for Tanev.

If Tanev + Virtanen is enough to get us Landeskog, then the Avalanche would do it because Virtanen was in the deal, not because Tanev was in the deal.

the Avs are having trouble preventing goals. and your saying they need a defenseman who can play offense? Don't they have that person in Barrie? Tanev would compliment Barrie. he's one of the best defensive dman in the league. Tanev and Virtanen? Even Benning would hang up. LMAO. No thanks. 

with that being said. i don't see Landeskog coming here. not for what the Avs are asking for him. no way. might as well find our own Landeskog through the draft. 

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Ya, my name is Joe Sakic and I haven't done anything since I started running the Avalanche. Some people including myself think I'm in the hot seat. So I'm going to trade young Captain Landedkog to Vancouver for Tanev, or Maybe Edler with CLB's 2nd and maybe like Hansen or something. That should make things better. 

He's not in the hot seat right now. But when you consider the average shelf life of a GM is 4-5 years he doesn't have that much time to show results. He's going into year 4 right now and the team has been trending downward since their amazing 2013/14 season.

In that time he lost core players in Stastny and O'reilly with little to no return to show for. Grigerenko was included because he was a former player of Roy's, who's not even with the team anymore. They also failed to shore up their D, and it's uncertain whether Zadorov will be a player for them.

Roy resigning on Sakic left him scrambling, now he's gotta hope that a coach with zero NHL experience can get his team back to the playoffs.

They have a ton of promising talent, but as we've seen that can be squandered if you don't have the right pieces in place. They need to trade for another top 4 D-man IMO. Whether that's Tanev or not or whether they deal Landeskog or not remains to be seen. But if they keep doing things the way they are, I don't see them getting results.

Archived