The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top ten favorite Canucks of all-time?

Sedin Brothers

On 8/10/2017 at 6:02 PM, NHL97OneTimer said:

Jovanovski needs to be on the list.......yeah he had defensive lapses but he was always on the highlight reel one way or another!

Jovocop was a beauty... I don't think the cap was around when he played for us but he always made around 2mill I think... three years in a row he flirted close to 50 points. 

Just looking at his deal with Phoenix at the time... 6.5AAV was huge money back then, certainly we couldn't match. He did get a career high of 51 points his 2nd year there.

Interesting trade in the end... 

1999-Jan-17 Traded from Florida Panthers with Dave Gagner, Kevin Weekes, Mike Brown and conditional draft pick to Vancouver Canucks for Pavel Bure, Bret Hedican, Brad Ference and conditional draft pick

Definitely worthy of being in discussion of best Canucks dman of all time 

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎10 at 2:54 PM, IBatch said:

First time noticed this so here goes no particular order ( for now )

Smyl

Linden

Bure

Babych

Odjick

Luongo

McLean

Kesler

Bieksa

Sedins

HM Burrows, Jovo, Ohlund, Nazzy, Mogilny, Momesso, Tanti, Broduer, Quin, Ronning, Adams, Diduck, Lumme, Brashear, Cox, Rypien, Kurtenbauch, Essensa,  

And a lot more.

This is a good list.......favorite one...........but Essensa? Really? LOL

On 2016-09-23 at 11:49 AM, Sedin Brothers said:

1 - Daniel Sedin

2 - Henrik Sedin

3 - Roberto Luongo

4 - Todd Bertuzzi

5 - Ryan Kesler

6 - Markus Naslund

7 - Sami Salo

8 - Kevin Bieksa

9 - Brendan Morrison

10 - Alex Burrows

Bure, Maclean, Linden, Ohlund, Courtnal, Brodure, Smyl, Williams, Rota...   mention someone from two of the early cup appearances

1. Trevor Linden

2. Todd Bertuzzi

3. Brendan Morrison

4. Alex Burrows

5. Ed Jovanoski

6. Kevin Bieksa

7. Ryan Kesler

8. Roberto Luongo

9. Sami Salo

10. The Sedins

Honouable Mentions

- Willie Mitchell

- Bo Horvat

- Markus Naslund

Favourite Vintage Canucks

1. Gino Odjick

2. Tiger Williams

3. Pavel Bure

4. Darcy Rota

5. Stan Smyl

I would say Lu too...love him.  But I don't like what happened when he wanted out ... he handled it well, but the entire thing was a fiasco and a huge distraction.  Awkward situation all around, but I just feel that expressing a desire to go home can really say "I don't want to be here".  Any player stating that they want to be traded...what does that say about the team(mates) sitting beside you?

To this day, think he's highly entertaining and will always support him.  Just not sure if I can list him based on his wanting outta here.  

On 16/08/2017 at 1:35 AM, janisahockeynut said:

This is a good list.......favorite one...........but Essensa? Really? LOL

Back up Bob was a bright light in an other wise dismal time, out performed a revolving door of goalies, and was great when in WNP.  The fans, myself included enjoyed cheering his name.

1. H Sedin

2. D Sedin

3. Naslund

4. Burrows

5. Ohlund

6. Linden

7. Horvat (probably will move up fast) 

8. Luongo

9. Kesler (hate him but loved his game) 

10. Hansen (sad he's gone) 

Been a fan since the early-mid 00s. Hated them before the naslund Era then was brainwashed haha

On 2017-08-15 at 3:13 PM, apollo said:

Jovocop was a beauty... I don't think the cap was around when he played for us but he always made around 2mill I think... three years in a row he flirted close to 50 points. 

Just looking at his deal with Phoenix at the time... 6.5AAV was huge money back then, certainly we couldn't match. He did get a career high of 51 points his 2nd year there.

Interesting trade in the end... 

1999-Jan-17 Traded from Florida Panthers with Dave Gagner, Kevin Weekes, Mike Brown and conditional draft pick to Vancouver Canucks for Pavel Bure, Bret Hedican, Brad Ference and conditional draft pick

Definitely worthy of being in discussion of best Canucks dman of all time 

Jovo's last deal here was 3 years paying 2.8m, 4.5m, and 3.99m.

1. Henrik

2. Linden

3. Daniel

4. Snepsts

5. Bieksa

6. Smyl

7. Burrows

8. Naslund

9. Kesler

10. Boudrias

For those of us that have been around since the beginning it's tough to make a top 10 list because of the number of guys you have to leave off.

Archived