The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jets D Jacob Trouba Has Requested Trade

JV77

2 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

I do, and have for a few seasons now. I feel he s an unpredicable liability and think there are better options out there.

dmen that play 23 mins plus per game provide some offense and shut down top teams oppposition and sign 2 mill below market value long term have way more value than a second rounder  try a decent young forward a first and a good prospect but he wont waive his ntc hes going nowhere 

Benning loves our D group as a hole so no need at all for us to trade for Trouba even though I think he is a good young D man and would love to see him here.We need a LW second line guy and only way i see that happening is trade with a pick or two,young guy and a D involved!

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

2 weeks before the TDL Trouba will go east for a monster package if he isn't gone by the end of pre season.

Regardless of what people keep saying Philli and Sanheim + make the most sense without question.

He'll have to get signed before the December cut off for a team to want to pick him up at the deadline. They might settle this and he plays but still wants the trade, but I'll wait until I see the contract to give us an idea where he might go and when.

4 hours ago, canuktravella said:

dmen that play 23 mins plus per game provide some offense and shut down top teams oppposition and sign 2 mill below market value long term have way more value than a second rounder  try a decent young forward a first and a good prospect but he wont waive his ntc hes going nowhere 

Sounds like Trouba. 22 mins a game, decent offense with more potential to improve, will have a more team friendly cap hit and is a plus 10, which seems to suggest a degree of defensive success. He also plays with an edge which also better fits the new defensive strategy.

One thing I would like to say is that I agree Edler is a good defenseman but I think he's lacked a lot of the urgency in his game that he had before he signed his big contract. I'd prefer a defense that I know I can rely on to play well in our zone. Poor defensive decisions are still a big weakness for Alex. I feel that Trouba offers better, long term, stability. Trouba wants a bigger role. Moving Alex gives him that.

I know this isn t going to happen and Edler is going to be a Canuck for the foreseeable future but I still believe Trouba will be an opportunity lost and whom ever gets him will have a, greatly, improved blueline.

50 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

Sounds like Trouba. 22 mins a game, decent offense with more potential to improve, will have a more team friendly cap hit and is a plus 10, which seems to suggest a degree of defensive success. He also plays with an edge which also better fits the new defensive strategy.

One thing I would like to say is that I agree Edler is a good defenseman but I think he's lacked a lot of the urgency in his game that he had before he signed his big contract. I'd prefer a defense that I know I can rely on to play well in our zone. Poor defensive decisions are still a big weakness for Alex. I feel that Trouba offers better, long term, stability. Trouba wants a bigger role. Moving Alex gives him that.

I know this isn t going to happen and Edler is going to be a Canuck for the foreseeable future but I still believe Trouba will be an opportunity lost and whom ever gets him will have a, greatly, improved blueline.

Edler is a better player than Trouba right now though.  I say keep what we have, and go with that.  

8 minutes ago, billabong said:

To Ana: trouba

to wpg: lindholm

it fits too well for both sides I think it'll happen at the end of the day

fowler-trouba

despres-vatanen

stoner-bieksa

Manson-holzer

Lindholm-byfuglien 

Enstrom-myers

Stuart-postma

strait-chiarot

Lindholm is Anaheim's best d-men, so I doubt they trade him.

1 minute ago, c00kies said:

Easily. He's a solid two-way defenseman that puts up solid goal and point totals.

You might be sarcastic with your comment, but I can't tell lol.

No sarcasm.  I've only heard that Fowler is a really good young guy, and what true Canuck's fan doesn't still love KB.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

No sarcasm.  I've only heard that Fowler is a really good young guy, and what true Canuck's fan doesn't still love KB.  

I love bieksa as a person. Easily my favorite hockey personality EVER. Bieksa the player however is a little long in the tooth and has slowed down considerably. 

2 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

ya but trouba needs to be resigned plus it would cost all our prospect depth to get him but id love him on team just not at the price the jets will ask.  edler can focus more on offense with guddy and try on team so wait and see how good they will work together 

1 hour ago, Yotes said:

I hope Benning inquires, even if the price is Juolevi plus we should look at doing it. I would love Trouba on this team, would allow us to dangle Tanev for a good young top 5 winger to play with Bo also.

no way benning trades juolevi he was ultra pumped that he was available to us at draft no way he trades this kid 

11 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

no way benning trades juolevi he was ultra pumped that he was available to us at draft no way he trades this kid 

Anybody thinking we'll trade Juolevi for Trouba is out of their minds. Besides, we just drafted him with our highest pick since the Sedins.

If we're trading Juolevi, I want more coming back. I don't even know why I'm saying this. Juolevi should be off-limits. 

4 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Anybody thinking we'll trade Juolevi for Trouba is out of their minds. Besides, we just drafted him with our highest pick since the Sedins.

If we're trading Juolevi, I want more coming back. I don't even know why I'm saying this. Juolevi should be off-limits. 

trust me he is off

limits especially when benning called him the smartest  player at draft plus why would we trade players on entry level contracts  for players in line for big raises with expansion coming  its not the way to win in nhl these days you maximize your entry level contracts and keep a young core not massive over payments for decent players 

Archived