The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jets D Jacob Trouba Has Requested Trade

JV77

8 hours ago, TheHockeyNerds said:

lets face it, no one in Van should be hoping for Trouba after Benning said he Likes the right side of our defence with Tanev/Guddy

Yeah, he came as close to saying that he's not perusing Trouba, as he possibly could without actually saying it. It wouldn't surprise me if he did his due diligence and made a call just to see what the price is, but I imagine that call was a short one.

5 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

Yeah, he came as close to saying that he's not perusing Trouba, as he possibly could without actually saying it. It wouldn't surprise me if he did his due diligence and made a call just to see what the price is, but I imagine that call was a short one.

McKenzie was just on TSN1040 and said the Canucks do not have the assets.   It would need to be Hutton + + + .

He says there are very few options around the league for the type of return they are looking for - he names Lindholm and Ristolainen as examples.  He thinks that the Jets are going to be very patient and not rush a trade.  The hard deadline is 1 Dec because that's the deadline by which a player can no longer play in the NHL for the season.

21 hours ago, Warhippy said:
27 minutes ago, mll said:

McKenzie was just on TSN1040 and said the Canucks do not have the assets.   It would need to be Hutton + + + .

He says there are very few options around the league for the type of return they are looking for - he names Lindholm and Ristolainen as examples.  He thinks that the Jets are going to be very patient and not rush a trade.  The hard deadline is 1 Dec because that's the deadline by which a player can no longer play in the NHL for the season.

My hope is that some team trying to get Trouba will need to clear cap space and we can try to be in there as a beneficiaries.

12 hours ago, Yotes said:

I hope Benning inquires, even if the price is Juolevi plus we should look at doing it. I would love Trouba on this team, would allow us to dangle Tanev for a good young top 5 winger to play with Bo also.

I think Juolevi is a bit steep. I don't think Benning even considers a deal with Juolevi as part of it. As I said earlier in the thread, I think Hutton would become expendable as the main piece going the other way. 

2 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

I think Juolevi is a bit steep. I don't think Benning even considers a deal with Juolevi as part of it. As I said earlier in the thread, I think Hutton would become expendable as the main piece going the other way. 

Really?

Bird in hand us better than two in the bush. I'd keep Smilin' Ben over some junior defenceman all day, everyday.

While OJ has potential, that's all at this point.

3 hours ago, mll said:

I guess the Jets will be super patient, because teams that have the Ristolainens and Lindholms aren't trading them for a guy who is demanding a trade from another franchise.  Would you give full, or equivalent value for a guy demanding a trade, by giving up one of the guys mentioned?  Of course not, and neither would the NHL GMs.  This is looking like the Jets will get someone else's problem child in return.  IMHAO, of course.

4 hours ago, mll said:

Ristolainen and Lindholm are as good, if not better than Trouba. Why would any team have motivation to do essentially a lateral deal for a player that has requested a trade?

I know Winnipeg wants to get fair value for him, but it's not likely gonna happen. I have a hard time seeing him get traded this season.

On 9/25/2016 at 9:35 PM, oldnews said:

To Anaheim:

Trouba

To Winnipeg

Lindholm

Ducks:

Fowler Vatanen

Despres Trouba

Stoner Bieksa

Jets

Lindholm Byfuglien

Enstrom Myers

Morrisey Chiarot

Am I the only one that sees Lindholm as a far superior player?  And I do think Trouba is ridiculously mobile and likely to reach a really high level.

4 hours ago, Losing With Pride said:

Although it would not happen, OJ for Trouba is a fair deal.

5th overall pick for a proven Dman? For all we know, OJ could be a bust.  That or he could be the next superstar dman

Ok.

ok that's funny. You're. A funny guy.

EDLER - TANEV

HUTTON - GUDBRANSON

Juolevi is so good that he might dethrone Edler as early as next year. If it is a choice between 

SBISA - TRYAMKIN or 

JUOLEVI - TRYAMKIN

to start the season, so Juolevi doesn't go back to juniors, I'd certainly go with Juolevi. That's if Edler can keep his job. The Canucks did draft a future 1D.

Perhaps having one of the top DD in the league in Tanev could give way to having

JUOLEVI - TANEV

HUTTON - GUDBRANSON

STETCHER - TRYAMKIN

Potent offense - Heavy nasty

This scenario could make both Edler and Tanev available.

In Edler and Sbisa lie the pieces for whatever the Canucks need, anywhere in the entire system.

This does not take anything away from Edler. He's a heck of a player.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Ristolainen and Lindholm are as good, if not better than Trouba. Why would any team have motivation to do essentially a lateral deal for a player that has requested a trade?

I know Winnipeg wants to get fair value for him, but it's not likely gonna happen. I have a hard time seeing him get traded this season.

I agree 110% DeNiro.  The Jets are in tough on this one.  They will need to take back another team's problem to move Trouba.  If they want anything close to fair value, they will have to settle for futures (picks + prospects) and hope something develops.

6 minutes ago, IbanezRG said:

Canucks probably have fair value to offer for Trouba without crippling the team, but jets will get better offers from other teams, I don't see us pulling this one off.

This post reoccurs about three hundred times a year regarding trade, almost ad verbatim.

On 9/25/2016 at 7:56 PM, Monty said:

Sanheim is the likelier of the two to occur. Local boy and not "as" hyped. However, with the emergence of Gostisbehere, that makes one of those two expendable.

I keep hearing about all the young depth the peg has, but what I see is a lot of tweeners and boom or bust types. imo Laine is not worth all the hype. I think Jesse will end up the best player out of this draft and it chokes me to say that. Conner who knows how his game will translate. you keep bringing up the kane trade. and how chevy raped Murrey yet I don't see who came back besides myers who is overrated imo You talk about the Jets having these superb goaltending prospects. Good yes Elite I don't see anyone of them becoming better then Demko or marky for that matter. You say Dano armia etc would be ahead of Hanson sorry but that is laughable. What I see are a bunch of future tweeners. Ehlers seems a bit overrated imo All this supposed talent yet they still are a bottom team year after year. 

And on a personal note I'm from the the Peg and I love the city because of the people, hence the license plates. Yet you constantly post on here putting people down and being condescending in almost every post. Just cuz you live in the peg doesn't give you the right to act like you are in the know with the organization. 

Archived