Canucks Community

Canucks Opening Roster - Finalized

Ossi Vaananen

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Sedin, Sedin, Eriksson

Baer, Granlund, Virtanen

Burr, Sutter, Hansen

Gaunce, Horvat, Dorsett

Or something along those lines would seem to make more sense for what he's trying to accomplish IMO

Or if they want to spread the vets/scoring a bit more...

Sedin, Sedin, Hansen

Baer, Granlund, Eriksson

Burr, Sutter, Virtanen

Gaunce, Horvat, Dorsett

Just now, J.R. said:

Sedin, Sedin, Eriksson

Baer, Granlund, Virtanen

Burr, Sutter, Hansen

Gaunce, Horvat, Dorsett

Or something along those lines would seem to make more sense for what he's trying to accomplish IMO

Virtanen might be just a bit too unexperienced to play with Baer-Granlund who are just finding their game.  I would have Virtanen with Burrows and Sutter like last season before Sutter's injury.  And then move Hansen to the Granlund line.

1 minute ago, mll said:

Virtanen might be just a bit too unexperienced to play with Baer-Granlund who are just finding their game.  I would have Virtanen with Burrows and Sutter like last season before Sutter's injury.  And then move Hansen to the Granlund line.

Or that ^^^ would work too

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Or if they want to spread the vets/scoring a bit more...

Sedin, Sedin, Hansen

Baer, Granlund, Eriksson

Burr, Sutter, Virtanen

Gaunce, Horvat, Dorsett

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Sedin, Sedin, Eriksson

Baer, Granlund, Virtanen

Burr, Sutter, Hansen

Gaunce, Horvat, Dorsett

Really How many shut down lines do we need?  Why not go with one really strong one. An energy line and two offensive lines

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Baertschi Granlund Virtanen

Hansen Horvat Sutter

Burrows Gaunce Dorsett

The first two line are focused on scoring and bringing offense. 

That third line is a wet dream for D zone starts.  Sutter strong on right side, Bo strong in the left.  And all players are capable of scoring 15+ goals. 

The 4th line is a crash and bang energy type line, all the players are able to grind it out. 

52 minutes ago, BI3KSALLENT said:

I agree with that as well I think with everything we've seen he has to be on a line with Baertschi especially now that Sutter is back, and Bo doesn't have to be that shutdown, centre. Obviously we know he has the ability to be a shutdown centre, but i think Bo definitely needs to centre line 2A, while Sutter centres line 2B. Where that puts Granlund is up for debate as his preseason showed us he definitely could be a top-6 guy, maybe on the wing of either line.

Gaunce has to be fourth line centre. and i'm fine with that. Granlund probably needs to play wing if he's going to be given a top six role, which i'm expecting since they experimented him on the wing during preseason. and he seemed to have played ok on the wing. 

6 minutes ago, mll said:

did Virt not score a sweet goal from soft ice playing with those two?

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

did Virt not score a sweet goal from soft ice playing with those two?

I think it would accelerate his development if he plays with established veterans who can tell him where to go and point out his mistakes.  

14 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Really How many shut down lines do we need?  Why not go with one really strong one. An energy line and two offensive lines

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Hansen Horvat Sutter

Burrows Gaunce Dorsett

The first two line are focused on scoring and bringing offense. 

That third line is a wet dream for D zone starts.  Sutter strong on right side, Bo strong in the left.  And all players are capable of scoring 15+ goals. 

The 4th line is a crash and bang energy type line, all the players are able to grind it out. 

I'd prefer the relatively balanced approach we seemed to be building towards in the preseason myself.

Sedin, Sedin, Eriksson

Baer, Horvat Hansen

Granlund, Sutter, Virtanen

Burr, Gaunce, Dorsett

...and really the top 9 RW could move up and down (Virt swapping with Hansen or Hansen with Eriksson).

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

I'd prefer the relatively balanced approach we seemed to be building towards in the preseason myself.

Sedin, Sedin, Eriksson

Baer, Horvat Hansen

Granlund, Sutter, Virtanen

Burr, Gaunce, Dorsett

...and really the top 9 RW could move up and down (Virt swapping with Hansen or Hansen with Eriksson).

I could go with that. Just assuming wd wants to see granlund and Sven together. 

Either way I don't know this whole concern about roling 4 lines come from. 

a ) teams don't actually do that. Penguins forth line averaged 9-11 minutes last year. 

b ) we don't have the depth to do that. Dorsett should not be playing more than 10-12 minutes a game. When he plays more means it's forcing a more skilled player to play less. He's an energy player not someone we can rely on to help up win. 

Role with 3 solid lines and one energy line. 

I know I said I'd be gone for a couple of days, turns out I can't get away from y'all. Especially when hockey season is upon us. 

Iunno what everyone is so mad about with Willie's lines. This is good for us! As soon as JB and TL realize that Willie just isn't the person, they'll fire Willie and then we'll hire Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen and booom, we'll be killing it. 

38 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Ray Ferraro when asked on TSN 1040 what rationale Willie might have to put Bo on the fourth line with Burrows and Dorsett...

He had no words. Was speechless for the first time in his career.... :o

nobody can understand what's in Willies head lol

38 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Ray Ferraro when asked on TSN 1040 what rationale Willie might have to put Bo on the fourth line with Burrows and Dorsett...

He had no words. Was speechless for the first time in his career.... :o

Ferraro sounded totally dumbfounded.  

They played Horvat's interview on TSN1040 and Horvat just says all the right things.  He said Dorsett/Burrows are very experienced so it's nice to have them as linemates. 

He was then asked if he was disappointed to not play with Baertschi and higher in the lineup.  He admitted that he was looking forward to play with him and that you always want to be counted on to put up numbers.  He then said that things change and don't always go as planned and that he's happy with the lineup he has now.

In the summer he was tweeting that he needed his linemate out of the kennel.  In Whistler he talked of "their" line and not knowing yet who will be at RW with them.  Oh well - let's see how long that lasts before he gets his linemate back.

1 hour ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Gaunce on the second line intrigues me. Today I heard lines at practice were Sedins Eriksson

Gaunce Sutter Hansen

Burrows Horvat Dorsett

Lol this is either going to create more fire wd/JB threads or be a masterful plan that nobody saw coming. 

Nothing masterful about Horvat on the fourth line, Gaunce on the second and burrows period

Archived