The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Opening Roster - Finalized

Ossi Vaananen

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

And trade away guys at the friggin TDL for assets (picks) We really are doing a piss poor job of rebuilding.  Just look at these other rebuilding teams.  They have several YOUNG elite skilled guys.  We really have none.  

Always looking on the downside.

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

And trade away guys at the friggin TDL for assets (picks) We really are doing a piss poor job of rebuilding.  Just look at these other rebuilding teams.  They have several YOUNG elite skilled guys.  We really have none.  

And they've sucked for a decade to get them. lol

Really Alf, a guy your age should have more patience than a two year old. :P

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

you don't consider having arguably the best player in the ncaa, the best defenceman in the chl, and the best goalie not in the nhl, all under the age of 21, as having young elite talent?

1 hour ago, drsofthands said:

my god those forwards are soft

The goal is to build a team that is faster and hard to play against.  It can't all be done at once.

How many changes has Benning made in a year?  The man's not standing still.

Out:  Vrbata, Higgins, Prust, Cracknell, Vey, Kennins, McCann, Hamhuis, Bartkowski, Weber

In:  Ericksson, Rodin, Etem, Granlund, Larsen, Gudbranson, Tryamkin, Skille

30 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

The goal is to build a team that is faster and hard to play against.  It can't all be done at once.

How many changes has Benning made in a year?  The man's not standing still.

Out:  Vrbata, Higgins, Prust, Cracknell, Vey, Kennins, McCann, Hamhuis, Bartkowski, Weber

In:  Ericksson, Rodin, Etem, Granlund, Larsen, Gudbranson, Tryamkin, Skille

Exactly. Eriksson plays with far more of an edge than Vrbata, and is an all around better forward in every sense. That is a win.

As well, Gudbranson is twice the defenseman Weber and Bartkowski were together.

34 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. Eriksson plays with far more of an edge than Vrbata, and is an all around better forward in every sense. That is a win.

As well, Gudbranson is twice the defenseman Weber and Bartkowski were together.

I can't see Eriksson floating and crying about being demoted, while his captain plays injured. That in itself is an improvement. The fact that he, like you said, is an all around better player is just a bonus.

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

For the millionth time... they've been rebuilding longer than we have. It would stand to reason they would have more and more developed prospects.

12 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

that remains to be seen.. other than Bo Horvat who's looking legit.. everything the last 3 years are just potential.. nothing translated to the NHL yet.. i mean all our picks in the last 10 years are potentials.. how many worked out

See above. What were the Ehlers, Nylanders, Gudreau's etc 2, 3, 4 years ago. Potential.

You guys all want to rebuild, all want to tank etc but you haven't even got 5 minutes worth of patience or a thimble full of sense.

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

For the millionth time... they've been rebuilding longer than we have. It would stand to reason they would have more and more developed prospects.

See above. What were the Ehlers, Nylanders, Gudreau's etc 2, 3, 4 years ago. Potential.

You guys all want to rebuild, all want to tank etc but you haven't even got 5 minutes worth of patience or a thimble full of sense.

Yes, other teams have been rebuilding longer than us.  I just don't see the elite forward talent in our prospects that those other teams have.  And if we push for the playoffs by signing older guys, where will these future elite stars come from?  We will not get the high draft picks.  I appreciate your thoughts JR, but I don't see us getting elite talent drafting in the middle.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes, other teams have been rebuilding longer than us.  I just don't see the elite forward talent in our prospects that those other teams have.  And if we push for the playoffs by signing older guys, where will these future elite stars come from?  We will not get the high draft picks.  I appreciate your thoughts JR, but I don't see us getting elite talent drafting in the middle.

*cough* Boeser *cough* Demko

I don't understand where people are saying the Canucks don't have "elite" talent in the system. Why, because some old knob at TSN said so? 

We do have elite talent, but its being built from the goalie out and in the minors/college systems so its not as flashy. Demko and Juolevi can be elite. Then we have Boeser, a guy who's breaking records of other guys with names like Toews. 

How many "elite" players do contending teams actually have? I'd say 2-3. LA has Quick, Doughty and Kopitar in that category. Can Demko, Juolevi and Boeser be as impactful overall as these guys? In terms of GAA and scoring, I do think they could be. 

Then you put in all the just really good players like Horvat, Tanev, Hutton, etc and I don't see this team being very far off from being a very tough team to play against. 

F: Brock Boeser, North Dakota

2015-16: 42 games, 27 goals, 33 assists, 60 points

rlyeitnjxektwfa.20160905221616.jpg?itok=
North Dakota Athletics

A first-round pick by the Vancouver Canucks in the 2015 NHL draft, Boeser was absurd in his first year of college. The Minnesota native was the leading scorer for the national champions by a large margin, while also posting an absurd +45 plus/minus. He showed up when it mattered most, scoring six points in the two Frozen Four games, including four in the championship win over Quinnipiac.

RELATED: UND could struggle with title encore

With incredible puck skills and a great eye for passing, Boeser is as lethal a scorer as you will ever come across in the college ranks. For him to do what he did as a freshman last year was a testament to his raw abilities, and that should only keep getting better with another year of game and practice experience under his belt.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-men/article/2016-10-03/mens-college-hockey-top-returning-players-2016-17-season

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

19 minutes ago, ThaShady1 said:

*cough* Boeser *cough* Demko

17 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I don't understand where people are saying the Canucks don't have "elite" talent in the system. Why, because some old knob at TSN said so? 

We do have elite talent, but its being built from the goalie out and in the minors/college systems so its not as flashy. Demko and Juolevi can be elite. Then we have Boeser, a guy who's breaking records of other guys with names like Toews. 

How many "elite" players do contending teams actually have? I'd say 2-3. LA has Quick, Doughty and Kopitar in that category. Can Demko, Juolevi and Boeser be as impactful overall as these guys? In terms of GAA and scoring, I do think they could be. 

Then you put in all the just really good players like Horvat, Tanev, Hutton, etc and I don't see this team being very far off from being a very tough team to play against. 

North Dakota Athletics

A first-round pick by the Vancouver Canucks in the 2015 NHL draft, Boeser was absurd in his first year of college. The Minnesota native was the leading scorer for the national champions by a large margin, while also posting an absurd +45 plus/minus. He showed up when it mattered most, scoring six points in the two Frozen Four games, including four in the championship win over Quinnipiac.

With incredible puck skills and a great eye for passing, Boeser is as lethal a scorer as you will ever come across in the college ranks. For him to do what he did as a freshman last year was a testament to his raw abilities, and that should only keep getting better with another year of game and practice experience under his belt.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-men/article/2016-10-03/mens-college-hockey-top-returning-players-2016-17-season

23 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

North Dakota Athletics

:wub:

When you stick to hockey related posts, I'm not quite sure what to make of you. Are you a thinly veiled troll? Are you a fan who knows his stuff and simply asks questions to hear other people's thoughts? 

I've seen you ask or make comments plenty of times like this:

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And then when someone points out how you're misinformed, or flat out incorrect, you immediately back track with comments like:

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You guys are all correct about our prospects becoming difference makers, I hope:)

So I guess I have a question for you... huh?

Archived