The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To All the Fans Crying For Luca Sbisa to be Traded Right Now

dank.sinatra

On 10/6/2016 at 9:43 PM, Horvats_Big_Head said:

Yeah, I still can't really believe the amount of money JB decided to pay him. But good for him I guess!

Its actually not that far off the mark for similar guys, maybe 500k. But that also came without any no-trade clause, so if he has a decent year this year and into next, he can be moved at the TDL for a nice pick. 

On 10/7/2016 at 6:35 AM, riffraff said:

I thought he had a rough game.  Watching him the puck to his  own corner and play hot potato with GUD was tough to watch on that one shift.

herein lies the problem with those who focus their attention on sbisa.......the guy makes some good plays in his own end, lays some body, makes some great pinches in the ozone and you pick one play in the game where he gives it up.  Some balance would be nice.  He makes several good plays each and every game, lets focus on those too.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

herein lies the problem with those who focus their attention on sbisa.......the guy makes some good plays in his own end, lays some body, makes some great pinches in the ozone and you pick one play in the game where he gives it up.  Some balance would be nice.  He makes several good plays each and every game, lets focus on those too.

It's a go to play for him

ive noticed.  He did it again I believe in the Pk last game but was fortunate he got a good back hand clear off the glass.

8 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Its actually not that far off the mark for similar guys, maybe 500k. But that also came without any no-trade clause, so if he has a decent year this year and into next, he can be moved at the TDL for a nice pick. 

I'd like to think that GMs are smart enough to not give up a high pick for someone who-hypothetically speaking-would have one good year, especially at the amount he's being paid.

51 minutes ago, guntrix said:

I'd like to think that GMs are smart enough to not give up a high pick for someone who-hypothetically speaking-would have one good year, especially at the amount he's being paid.

Dallas gave up Jokipakka and a 2nd for Kris Russel. Kris Russel. 

Actually, it was Jryki Yokipakka, Brett Pollock (2014 2nd round pick ), & a 2016 2nd; which could have, but did not turn into a 1st.

Can't believe that Russell managed to squeeze $3.1M out of the Oilers.

He is a solid #5 D at best.

His time (2 months + play-offs in 2014/15) at #4 D had mixed results.

On 05/10/2016 at 3:35 PM, Wilbur said:

The Canucks also have to expose a defenceman with 70 games played (I think) over the last two years in the expansion draft.  I believe Sbisa needs 29 games to qualify.  If you have to expose someone, it would hurt a lot less than an Edler, Tanev, etc.

What a bunch of dumb luck that signing Sbisa to that $&!# contract may save us from having to actually expose a decent player.

Archived