The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Eichel Injured

Toews

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Young guys tend to have weaker ankles, don't they?  This looks like the Taylor Hall roll over from a few years back. 

I don't see how that could be possible. 

Someone as freight train as eichel who has done daily weight training which would include one foot and two foot leg exercises would have ankles that have been trained and strengthened naturally to match the weight lifted. 

Kind of like how someone who does deadlifts (lifts weight from floor) has strong fingers without working the finger specifically. 

With that being said, sabres can't catch a break. 

1 minute ago, John Tortorella said:

Someone as freight train as eichel who has done daily weight training which would include one foot and two foot leg exercises would have ankles that have been trained and strengthened naturally to match the weight lifted. 

Kind of like how someone who does deadlifts (lifts weight from floor) has strong fingers without working the finger specifically. 

I have strong fingers. From other things...

1 minute ago, John Tortorella said:

I think it's a maturity + growth thing.  It's like fitness. It comes with aging combined with training.  Like Eichel though.  He's a hard working player for sure.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

:(

I wasn't expecting the Sabres to make the playoffs, but without the Eichel/Reinhart chemistry, the Sabres won't even make it out of the bottom 10.

I feel for you man. Gunna give you a +1 hope it brightens your day a bit. :(

58 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

I have strong fingers. From other things...

mengupil-yang-elegan.jpg

But yeah, doesn't look good as it really seemed to twist on the way down. Maybe a high ankle sprain? Best case scenario is it's one of those things that really stings at first but you ice it and wrap it right away and it turns out to be nothing.

1 hour ago, John Tortorella said:

This. Eichel is a beast and was one of the fittest players at the combine last year. Injuries happen to the fittest of players, no rhyme or reason to it sometimes.

Archived