The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 4-0-0

TheRussianRocket.

1 hour ago, Stormriders said:

What's with Sports Net and Canuck coverage?  I know there is a separate thread covering the lack of local sports content, including the Canucks, and I agree that their coverage sucks.

But what I am talking about is missing the start of our games on SN, like it was again tonight.  I understand if they are carrying a game that extends beyond the 3 hour designated time slot that they should continue broadcasting it to the conclusion, but with all the options of the various SN channels, you would think they could stop duplication the same coverage across multiple channels and give the Canucks their own for this very reason.  They already have all the people/equipment in place to do the pre-game, opening, etc. so there is no additional cost.

Very frustrated with SN and their lack of appreciation for our market and needs, and the over saturated coverage of what's happening in the centre of the universe.  Yes the Leaf's have an exciting young team but they are not the only team in Canada.  There is a great opportunity for TSN to fill in this market void with post game followup and other local market sports.  Why is there a SN Pacific and a SN West if not to have more focussed coverage in those markets?  SN be a little more customer focussed please.

the game was on sportsnet vancouver prior to the game being on sportsnet 360 due to overlapping. they even had the ticker thing on the bottom at the start time saying the canucks game is now on sportsnet vancouver.. which is 302 on shaw no clue on others.. i didn't miss any part of the game..

What a game... Haven't been peaking this hard as a Canucks fan in some time! Woohoo! Suck it media! 

Must win Saturday. Absolute must win. 

Anything but 82-0 will be a disappointment. This is the best Canucks team I've seen in a while. 

Marky MARK! 

Absolutely loved Miller arguing on the goal. 

Incredible pass by Loui on the Daniel goal. 

Keep on winning! 

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Anything but 82-0 will be a disappointment. This is the best Canucks team I've seen in a while. 

I know!  This isn't a sweepstakes team.  This isn't a fringe playoff team.  This is a President's Trophy and Stanley Cup Championship team!

1 minute ago, hellosinki said:

I know!  This isn't a sweepstakes team.  This isn't a fringe playoff team.  This is a President's Trophy and Stanley Cup Championship team!

Yea baby! That's what I'm talking about! 

E-high5

2 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Only undefeated team in the NHL. Hell yeah. Suck it EA sports.

I'm ALMOST more excited about sticking it to EA and all the hockey analysts that think they know anything bout anything. Almost that is. In real life I'm so damn happy right now about 4-0-0 I can't even put it into words!!

Unbelievable. Got home at 1030, turned on Sportsnet and they didn't put the Canucks highlights until 11:15. Went back and forth with TSN(I think...or was it sports centre. I don't remember.) But same, not one Canucks highlight but I was shown the LA-Dallas,Col-Tampa, and Wash-Florida highlights three times :picard:

Anyways...

4-0-0. Feels good, real good. Congrats to Hansen on his 100th goal! And lastly...Edler :picard:. But hey, at least we won! 

3 minutes ago, Apricot said:

Unbelievable. Got home at 1030, turned on Sportsnet and they didn't put the Canucks highlights until 11:15. Went back and forth with TSN(I think...or was it sports centre. I don't remember.) But same, not one Canucks highlight but I was shown the LA-Dallas,Col-Tampa, and Wash-Florida highlights three times :picard:

Anyways...

4-0-0. Feels good, real good. Congrats to Hansen on his 100th goal! And lastly...Edler :picard:. But hey, at least we won! 

Absolutely unbelievable... Even tsn that's hockey... Those idiots cut off the canucks highlights at end of the 2nd period... 0 coverage. 

Aquaman this is your team... You've got more money than you know what to do with... Ffs just make a canucks channel. 

Edit or partner up with lions and caps and make a bc sports channel... 

39 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

..That moment when you check the 'league standings' instead of the div or conference!

ic_c3a373dfaf22553996440877083574d5.jpg

Yup, I did the same thing -- took a look at the "league standings" just to see the Canucks in first place overall. Might as well enjoy it while we can although obviously the team is better than a lot of people thought.

I have been critical of some of Benning's decisions, including overpaying Sbisa, overpaying Sutter, and trading for Granlund. But those three guys have all been excellent so far this year and are certainly good value for their cap hits.  Let's just hope everyone stays healthy.

As many of us have said before, the team might not score a lot (like the old New Jersey teams), but Benning finally has a team plays a consistent high-working high energy checking game. And Skille fits into that style better than Virtanen. I assume Virtanen will get another shot again soon but I don't think it will be easy for him to fit in.

What a great team effort through 4 games.  Everyone has had some good moments through those four games.  Hell last year there were stretches where whole lines would disappear for 10 or more games.  I love when a team is a team, and everyone is pulling hard in the same direction.  Like Danny blocking shots.  Good discipline not to take stupid penalties.

I am enjoying this season so far.  GCG!

Archived