The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tryamkin denies request for conditioning stint (Utica)

VIC_CITY

Just now, ajhockey said:

I agree, which is why I'd like to see Tryamkin tried out for a few games. At that point, we can see if he offers anything more than he showed in the pre-season.

I'd love to see Tryamkin and Stecher in the 5/6 role for a few. Sbisa and Larsen aren't going anywhere. 

6 minutes ago, khay said:

Not a good news. Yesterday's game showed that we would need Tryamkin type of player to better handle teams that crash the net.

Management's gotta make a decision. It's either trade Sbisa or potentially lose Tryamkin.

Boo-hoo. He is a professional athlete who hasn't even proven himself yet. Entitled and stubborn, but he is still quote young so not exactly surprising. 

You know what? If he doesn't play, he won't become that NHL defender that obliterates people in front of the net anyway. 

Sent his entitled A$$ to Russia. Why are we tip toeing around players who put themselves in front of the organization?

I thought we were building a character team. 

5 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

He only came over from Russia because he was promised an nhl role. He wants no business with the ahl. He made that clear before he signed. 

No need to be shocked or say negative things about him. He's coming over from Russia and the culture shock in Van is already huge for him. Now, he would have to go to Utica? That would be a huge adjustment for him. 

Trade Sbisa and play Tryamkin or let him go back to Russia and see what happens maybe next year.  

It's a conditioning stint. He's not being sent to AHL as in being demoted...

Sami Salo went down for a conditioning stint after injury and not playing for a while, Bo Horvat did the same. It's used by teams to get the player in game shape after not playing for a while, to get the player in game shape. They still get NHL salary and it's for 14 days maximum. 

NHL Conditioning Assignment Rules

13.8 Conditioning Loan. Unless a Player consents, he shall not be Loaned on a Conditioning Loan to a minor league club. Such Conditioning Loan shall not extend for more than fourteen (14) consecutive days. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is Loaned on a Conditioning Loan. If the Commissioner has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Conditioning Loan to evade the Re-Entry Waivers, or otherwise Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take such disciplinary action against the Club, as he deems appropriate. The Player shall continue, during the period of such Conditioning Loan, to receive the same Paragraph 1 NHL Salary, and be entitled to the same benefits, that he would have received had he continued to play with the Club.

before everyone throws the kid under the bus, calling him entitled (it's started already) and stubborn, if he really feels that he's game ready and wants to play right now, then let him play. they entice this kid to sign here to play hockey, and playing in the minors, even if its just a few games is probably not what he signed up for. once again, the canucks back themselves into a corner where it makes both the club and player look bad

2 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Can't really blame WD on this one though. JB handed Sbisa nearly 4 million. Benching him would look bad. JB also gave up a 5th for Larsen so they wanna see what they have in him. 

I'm not saying replace Sbisa for the season, just 2 games to see where Tryamkin is at. I've had issues with WDs deployment decisions from day 1 so thats nothing new for me ^_^

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

You know what? If he doesn't play, he won't become that NHL defender that obliterates people in front of the net anyway. 

Sent his entitled A$$ to Russia. Why are we tip toeing around players who put themselves in front of the organization?

JB: Hey Nikita, sign with us and we won't send you to Utica.

NT: OK

JB: Hey Nik, wanna go to Utica?

NT: ?

how is that entitled? You get what you negotiate in life. 

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment I think it might be a bit pre mature to send his A$$ to Russia. He's a type of player we could use if developed properly. No need to get emotional and break ranks with him. If he goes back we'll never see him in a Canucks uniform again. 

I say keep working with him off the ice to get him in game shape. We are only 5 games in, injuries do/will happen. 

It's just frustrating that he's not willing to go down for 14 days max on a darn conditioning stint. 

2 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

before everyone throws the kid under the bus, calling him entitled (it's started already) and stubborn, if he really feels that he's game ready and wants to play right now, then let him play. they entice this kid to sign here to play hockey, and playing in the minors, even if its just a few games is probably not what he signed up for. once again, the canucks back themselves into a corner where it makes both the club and player look bad

Since when do players decide this? Go back to Russian ya big stupid goof 

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I think people are confused on here. Please read what a conditioning stint is. Even veterans get sent. Sami Salo of the Canucks went for one. I think I remember Keith Ballard as well.

It's a workout program so to speak. To play big minutes and get in game shape. Usually done after a player hasn't played for a while and is not in game shape. 

And the player earns NHL salary while down there for max 14 days, often the player is brought back up before 14 days. 

7 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Whether he is ready or not isn't a decision that is up to him. Professional coaches, scouts and managers make that call. 

This isn't a tough decision to make. Go play a handful of games (if that) playing top minutes, and come back up with an increased chance to get into the line up while being prepared in game shape. 

5 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

You need to understand the difference between a conditioning stint and a demotion. 

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I guess he should have worked a little harder in the summer. Newsflash Frankenstein you aren't good enough!!! 

If we are guaranteeing players who have never played in the NHL roster spots without earning them then our management is a bigger joke than I have already suggested. 

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

It's just frustrating that he's not willing to go down for 14 days max on a darn conditioning stint. 

A 22 year old with a handful of games under his belt should not consider this optional. He should consider it a gift. 

Was hoping it wouldn't come to this - but on the flip side expected it to happen sooner or later. It is one of those "damned if you do and damned if you don't"

Like some on here I think he could use the time in Utica  for a stint. 

I am not 100% convinced he is totally ready for the NHL - I know we could use the size and grit but.....................

We will get to see how all this plays out.

I thought he was slow in preseason and JB's pants were on fire for claiming "Tram is faster", because Tram was not even an iota faster than I remember.

That being said, Larsen isn't playing like he'll be able to compete defensively against heavy teams. I would have like to see Tram play against LA and/ or tonight against Ana.

Archived