The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning Interview 1040..Nov 4,2016

Honky Cat

7 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/benning-i-won-t-trade-top-young-players-for-a-quick-fix-1.600808

Benning doesn't duck any questions..good interview...I liked his Benningism at the beginning.."Well..Ya know"..::D

He just spews the same ole garbage.... blah blah blah.... team is competing for play offs..... (really?)  Very concerning where this team is heading... old school thinking does not cut it in the NHL. Need progressive GM, not dinosaur 

3 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

He just spews the same ole garbage.... blah blah blah.... team is competing for play offs..... (really?)  Very concerning where this team is heading... old school thinking does not cut it in the NHL. Need progressive GM, not dinosaur 

what hes saying and what he thinks are likely 2 different things. I dont believe he would ever say anything along the lines of: this team is not good enough for playoffs, or I disagree with the coaching staff, etc...

6 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

67 year old Jim Rutherford says you are wrong.

31 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

He flat out said he wouldn't trade Boeser, Demko, and Juolevi.

Also said "It would be nice to have some players who have the courage to drive to the net every time". Not holding back on that one.

Matthew Tkachuk drives to the net. On pace for 20 goals too

8 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

67 year old Jim Rutherford says you are wrong.

Add in 74 year old Lou Lamoriello to that, and 66 year old David Poile, and 59 year old Doug Wilson... actually im going through the list of all current Gm's and benning is on par pretty much with the average age lol Benning is only 53, Yzerman is 51 Sakic is 47,  Shero is 54, Murray is 53, Hextall is 52, Nill is 58 etc,

2 minutes ago, Kass said:

Add in 74 year old Lou Lamoriello to that, and 66 year old David Poile, and 59 year old Doug Wilson... actually im going through the list of all current Gm's and benning is on par pretty much with the average age lol Benning is only 53, Yzerman is 51 Sakic is 47,  Shero is 54, Murray is 53, Hextall is 52, Nill is 58 etc,

I was just trying to point out to him that it was a 67 year old GM that won the Cup. These are good comparisons as well.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And in 5 years when Juolevi is competing with Tryamkin and Stecher for the Norris, Tkachucklehead will be nursing his 4th concussion. 

Do people not realize that we only get one pick.

Archived