The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kadri's high hit on Daniel Sedin

Odd.

2 minutes ago, Apricot said:

They might just suspend Daniel, saying he went into Kadri's elbow. They might give him one extra game for scoring too

Probably. I'm actually pissed none of our "tough" guys ran someone etc. 

Burrows...Hansen...Dors... all the guys most people on this board call to trade...

5 minutes ago, Xanlet said:

After seeing Toffoli get 0 games for running Burrows from behind into the boards, I realize anything is possible with this league

This wasn't even a suspension and it was worse than Kadri's hit. You're absolutely right, anything is possible in this league 

Probly not worth a thread.

It will get looked at, he will get 1 or 2 games, everyone outside of van will say "dirty but not that bad" everyone in van will say "deserved 10 games bettman sucks" and we will move on with our lives until the next canuck gets headshot with a small or no suspension. 

Cheapshot no doubt, but since there was no injury doubt the league will give Kadri anything. 

On a related note, I thought we got Gudbranson for his toughness? He did not do anything after that cheapshot, he was the one who should have gone after Martin. Instead we had to have Dorsett, Hansen, Burr and RYAN MILLER out to handle these duties? Only fight was when Kass challenged him, other than that Gudbranson does nothing to help his teammates out in the toughness department. 

2 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

Probably. I'm actually pissed none of our "tough" guys ran someone etc. 

Burrows...Hansen...Dors... all the guys most people on this board call to trade...

Last time I got excited over a dirty play that was done by a Canuck was the Prust spear on Marchand's privates. That was a beaut. Honestly I just want the Canucks to go for it. Run everyone over, go for the hits. Get the suspensions. I don't even care. Sometimes I want to see some good solid goonery. Not the stupid ones Dorsett does, that's not even goonery by him, its stupidity. 

Watch Burrows get suspended too, for the spear on Reilly. Wouldn't be surprised at all

If I'm the Leafs, I'm not sure I'd want Kadri running around inciting teams with that punk act of his with all those little smurfs in that Leafs lineup.

Trolling the McDavid's of the NHL, throwing chickensh!t hits like this.   He seems to be under the impression that he has a bench full of Charas, Lucics,  McQuaids, Thorntons to finish what he started.

You look down that Leafs bench though.... at the Willie Nylanders, Mitch Marners, Jake Gardiners, Austin Powers.......and one Matt Martin.

These aren't Burke's truculent Leafs anymore.

History of the NHL of dealing with Sedin hits usually means..0 game suspensions...HOWEVER; Kadri IS a repeat offender and if he doesn't get the minimum for a repeat then every time they try and nail another repeat offender their agents will sue/appeal it everytime from now on if Kadri doesn't get nailed for it. So should be interesting 24 hrs at Player Safety HQ. 

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

his suspension should be squaring off with Pedan on center ice on Dec 3. 

Or Tryamkin tangles and holds Kadri in place so he can't run and let Gudbranson and Dorsett rotate taking punches.

29 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This is how Bertuzzi lost his cool.  If the league really wanted to clean this crap up, they could.  They will.  Everything else is just lip service and placating.  You can't pick and choose and this has no place in the game.  Kadri's ego has expanded so much it's now creeping over and impeding the common sense area of his brain.  Someone needs to stop this guy and his antics.

Exactly. 

Archived