Canucks Community

Kadri's high hit on Daniel Sedin

Odd.

i had a look at kadri's suspension history

reviewed the related videos and saw the video on here of the hit on sedin

kadri really is a cheap shot artist, his tricky elbow work is so dirty

his last 2 suspensions were 4 games each

i predict he will be suspended 5 to 7 games for this latest incident

If this league is really trying to get rid of those type of blind side shots(cheapshots) ,now is a very good time Reilly gets 3 game

KADRI GETS 10 GAMES,Repeat offender with those dirty head shots.

Next head shot from Kadri and it's see you next year,

That will show, that THE LEAGUE IS SERIOUS  at  trying to protect players in a very fast game,that doesn't have to be dirty as well.

if not, CANUCKS can go HEAD HUNTING as well, what do they have to loose at this point,knock out Mathews Nylander and Marner and we will soon see a change, trust me.

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Went to hf boards just for fun. Regretted it. I forgot why I never go on there. Everybody is either a troll or &^@#ing stupid in that site. They're claiming there was no headshot lol

His helmet magically popped off, for sure.

Most people agree it was a bad hit. Just the usual collection of idiots that think otherwise. There seems to be at least a thousand from every team on HFBoards.

My guess is Daniel Sedin gets banned for life for making contact with Kadri's elbow. League will then recommend assault charges against Hansen.

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Went to hf boards just for fun. Regretted it. I forgot why I never go on there. Everybody is either a troll or &^@#ing stupid in that site. They're claiming there was no headshot lol

His helmet magically popped off, for sure.

Did the same mistake and got stuck.

My favourite Leaf biased post:

"As if Stecher is innocent. If he didn't try to do boarding cheapshot on Martin from behind and get all angry because he is weak and then trying to instigate a fight, Martin wouldn't have fought him, then he get's jumped by half of the Canucks"

What actually happened:

- 5'10 Stecher finishes a weak bodycheck on 6'3 Martin who is close to the boards so Stecher absorbs most of the impact

- They get tangled up as Stecher get's up from the tice

- Martin then throws Stecher to the ice with a headlock and starts punching him

- Miller jumps in

- The rest jump in and all hell breaks lose

I have always been annoyed with Leaf fans but this takes the cake and then some, the way some of them have acted and portrayed themselves tonight. They should be ashamed of themselves. 99% of posters from other teams are on the Canucks side of the argument and when has that ever happened before? and what does that tell you about tonight? 

...ugly hit but Kadri realized right away he messed up and ate those punches fair and square. 

I was more pissed off at the Canucks training staff for letting Dank back in the game. Somehow managed to outdue Kadri with an even bigger bonehead move. Dank's 36 ffs. Got blindsided to the head and  even worse his head smacked the ice as he went down. Wth do you bring him back in the game with 6 minutes left in what's an out of hand game? Ridiculous. Dank has a previous concussion history - I've experienced it first hand as well - so its inexplicable to have sent him back out there. There was nothing to gain and everything to lose by doing that. Still choked...idiotic to say the very least.

I'm guessing two games...think it should be five, but this team's so damn honest that Daniel came back into the game and that will actually come into play.  While others would writhe around on the ice then crawl off, not to return, he's a warrior and won't buy into that.  Sisters my rear end...these guys are tough as nails.  But, as some of the league's best there should be a level of consideration given to that.  Especially at this (later) stage of their career...shouldn't be run like that.  Looks bad on the league in a punk level way.  Pro sports need their top talent protected to some degree.  Kadri is a chump and needs a strong message sent to him before an "incident" takes place...either in retaliation or through his reckless headhunting.

38 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Cheapshot no doubt, but since there was no injury doubt the league will give Kadri anything. 

On a related note, I thought we got Gudbranson for his toughness? He did not do anything after that cheapshot, he was the one who should have gone after Martin. Instead we had to have Dorsett, Hansen, Burr and RYAN MILLER out to handle these duties? Only fight was when Kass challenged him, other than that Gudbranson does nothing to help his teammates out in the toughness department. 

He was heard saying that he was gonna kill Martin.

2 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

...ugly hit but Kadri realized right away he messed up and ate those punches fair and square. 

I was more pissed off at the Canucks training staff for letting Dank back in the game. Somehow managed to outdue Kadri with an even bigger bonehead move. Dank's 36 ffs. Got blindsided to the head and  even worse his head smacked the ice as he went down. Wth do you bring him back in the game with 6 minutes left in what's an out of hand game? Ridiculous. Dank has a previous concussion history - I've experienced it first hand as well - so its inexplicable to have sent him back out there. There was nothing to gain and everything to lose by doing that. Still choked...idiotic to say the very least.

"realized right away"???    I'm not sure.  It's not the first time and he's had plenty of opportunity to "realize"/clean up his act.  I think he's just a cocky piece of .... work who feels he can do what he wants.  Remember, even his own team has been fed up with him.  There's a lack of maturity there and he's kind of a detriment to himself.

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm guessing two games...think it should be five, but this team's so damn honest that Daniel came back into the game and that will actually come into play.  While others would writhe around on the ice then crawl off, not to return, he's a warrior and won't buy into that.  Sisters my rear end...these guys are tough as nails.  But, as some of the league's best there should be a level of consideration given to that.  Especially at this (later) stage of their career...shouldn't be run like that.  Looks bad on the league in a punk level way.  Pro sports need their top talent protected to some degree.  Kadri is a chump and needs a strong message sent to him before an "incident" takes place...either in retaliation or through his reckless headhunting.

This ^^^^^^^^ times a thousand. Well said, Deb. It just isn't Daniel's way to do that. It's not a part of his character or the way he plays the game. He plays it honest....after all these years and the $&!# that he and Henrik have had to put up with their entire careers, he still plays an honest game. And THAT is something to be proud of regardless of whether you own a Stanley Cup ring or not.

38 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Cheapshot no doubt, but since there was no injury doubt the league will give Kadri anything. 

On a related note, I thought we got Gudbranson for his toughness? He did not do anything after that cheapshot, he was the one who should have gone after Martin. Instead we had to have Dorsett, Hansen, Burr and RYAN MILLER out to handle these duties? Only fight was when Kass challenged him, other than that Gudbranson does nothing to help his teammates out in the toughness department. 

He should have gone after Mathews and knocked him out...then let Martin come to him...why waste energy chasing after Martin?

Borrows got 3 games for the slightest hit to the head of a Montreal player (if my memory is correct). The initial hit was to the shoulder then the slightest graze to the head. The Montreal player never left the game.

The Kadri hit was much worst than Burrows hit...minimum 3 games...but should be 10 games if the league wants to get it right.

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

"realized right away"???    I'm not sure.  It's not the first time and he's had plenty of opportunity to "realize"/clean up his act.  I think he's just a cocky piece of .... work who feels he can do what he wants.  Remember, even his own team has been fed up with him.  There's a lack of maturity there and he's kind of a detriment to himself.

As in he knew he had done wrong even though he could've prevented it from happening. You could tell the way he reacted and was just like 'oh boy, here it comes' and braced for impact (Hansen). 

...it's just the type of player he is. Not a dirty player (like early years Marchand), more so a pest and he very much reminds me of how our very own (now ex) Kesler used to be/is. Hate him if you're going up against him, love him if he's on your team.

Archived