The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kadri's high hit on Daniel Sedin

Odd.

55 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Kadri is a repeat offender, infamous for diving. I hope the NHL gives him 7 games to smarten up. 

Kadri has been suspended 3 times before.  The last was for 4 games.  I'm not sure how that happened but this is the NHL.

Principal contact or not, Kadri was trying to take off Sedin's head.  Intent should be the issue.  If suspensions are supposed to be a deterrant, it is clear that previous suspensions have not been strict enough.

And then there's the fact that while Sedin went to the quiet room, he came back to play so there was no injury.  No harm no foul.  Wrong headed as it is, this is how they roll in the NHL head office.

Lord only knows what will become of this.

8 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

As in he knew he had done wrong even though he could've prevented it from happening. You could tell the way he reacted and was just like 'oh boy, here it comes' and braced for impact (Hansen). 

...it's just the type of player he is. Not a dirty player (like early years Marchand), more so a pest and he very much reminds me of how our very own (now ex) Kesler used to be/is. Hate him if you're going up against him, love him if he's on your team.

watch the video of his hit on Fraser (in this thread)...exact same reaction from Kadri...elbow to the head, then apologises.

fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me,,,the guy is a rat.

30 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

If this league is really trying to get rid of those type of blind side shots(cheapshots) ,now is a very good time Reilly gets 3 game

KADRI GETS 10 GAMES,Repeat offender with those dirty head shots.

Next head shot from Kadri and it's see you next year,

That will show, that THE LEAGUE IS SERIOUS  at  trying to protect players in a very fast game,that doesn't have to be dirty as well.

if not, CANUCKS can go HEAD HUNTING as well, what do they have to loose at this point,knock out Mathews Nylander and Marner and we will soon see a change, trust me.

The league does need to get serious.  Insufficient penalties in this game led to a spearing incident and peaked in a line brawl.  My point being, that if justice isn't seen to be done, then people take the law into their own hands.  The last thing we need is another Moore / Bertuzzi incident when the Leafs visit the Canucks later this year.

34 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Kadri has been suspended 3 times before.  The last was for 4 games.  I'm not sure how that happened but this is the NHL.

Principal contact or not, Kadri was trying to take off Sedin's head.  Intent should be the issue.  If suspensions are supposed to be a deterrant, it is clear that previous suspensions have not been strict enough.

And then there's the fact that while Sedin went to the quiet room, he came back to play so there was no injury.  No harm no foul.  Wrong headed as it is, this is how they roll in the NHL head office.

The league cries foul in the Moore-Bertuzzi incident when, really, they were active participants in it all.  Promoted that series as "out for blood"...be careful what you wish for.  And here we are, years later, still discussing "if" someone will be suspended or not.  It's the league's responsibility to set clear and defined lines....not flounder as they do.  And for players who've had concussions?  The NHL is their employer, if in a roundabout way.  It is their job to protect players and by being inconsistent, they're failing to do so.  We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath.  They're getting good at explaining things away.

I was listening to TSN talk about the Kadri hit, and they were saying in a very confident tone that it was a questionable hit but clearly not suspension-worthy.  It was like they had already decided and were declaring it to the hockey world.  Kadri is a little so and so and it was not by accident, he plays like that on purpose, he's a repeat offender but since he only hit a worthless Canuck, who cares if his name is Sedin, he's automatically exonerated.  I've had enough of that.  Bring up Tryamkin and Pedan (and let's light a fire under Gudbranson) and like others have said, let's go down swinging.  GCG!

31 minutes ago, Lastresort318 said:

He was heard saying that he was gonna kill Martin.

I suppose he just never was matched up with Martin on the ice since Martin is technically a scrub. 

Maybe I am being too hard on Guddy, new team only 12 games in, I am sure he will assert himself once he gets more comfortable because he is by far our most intimidating and toughest player, we need him to be mean. 

1. Not saying I agree there shouldn't be discipline for that type of predatory hit, just prepare for the possibility of none.

0 replies1 retweet9 likes

Retweet

More

WARNING! #Canucks fans brace for no suspension. If DOPS feels head wasn't principle point of contact, then blindside won't matter.

This has to be a joke

Just now, Apricot said:
  1. Not saying I agree there shouldn't be discipline for that type of predatory hit, just prepare for the possibility of none.

0 replies1 retweet9 likes

Retweet

More

WARNING! #Canucks fans brace for no suspension. If DOPS feels head wasn't principle point of contact, then blindside won't matter.

This has to be a joke

This is starting to feel like 2004 deja vu all over again :(

Just now, Cerridwen said:

This is starting to feel like 2004 deja vu all over again :(

I went to Murph's twitter page to see if there was more information. He replied back to a Botch gif showing Virtanen blindside hit on a Sharks player. Shoulder to shoulder, got two games. TWO GAMES. If Kadri gets nothing, I will punch something

1 minute ago, Apricot said:

I went to Murph's twitter page to see if there was more information. He replied back to a Botch gif showing Virtanen blindside hit on a Sharks player. Shoulder to shoulder, got two games. TWO GAMES. If Kadri gets nothing, I will punch something

Can I gave you Kadri's address?   Start there....

21 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I suspect more than the previous 4 games. Daniel shouldn't have come back. He did that when Keilth elbowed him and it weighed in Keith only getting 5 games. Daniel then missed the rest of the regular season with a concussion.

Just now, Apricot said:

I hear ya. I think there's going to be a number of us punching something if there is no adequate discipline handed down. Kadri is a repeat offender fer cryin' out loud.... it's going to be blatantly obvious that something is fishy as hell in Denmark if the DoPS lets this incident go by unpunished.

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Can I gave you Kadri's address?   Start there....

LOL. Yeah, I'll start with Kadri, then go on to Martin's, then go on to Reilly's, and I'll finish off the entire team by the time December 3rd rolls around. 

21 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

The league cries foul in the Moore-Bertuzzi incident when, really, they were active participants in it all.  Promoted that series as "out for blood"...be careful what you wish for.  And here we are, years later, still discussing "if" someone will be suspended or not.  It's the league's responsibility to set clear and defined lines....not flounder as they do.  And for players who've had concussions?  The NHL is their employer, if in a roundabout way.  It is their job to protect players and by being inconsistent, they're failing to do so.  We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath.  They're getting good at explaining things away.

Maybe the league needs a class action suit to force them to get their act together.

Bettman is a lawyer.  You'd think that more than anybody, he would understand the necessity for league discipline to be handled properly.  Not in an amateur old-boy-ish way.

4 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I hear ya. I think there's going to be a number of us punching something if there is no adequate discipline handed down. Kadri is a repeat offender fer cryin' out loud.... it's going to be blatantly obvious that something is fishy as hell in Denmark if the DoPS lets this incident go by unpunished.

Babcock on Kadri hit: "It's reviewable but we have good people at the League & they'll look after that. It won't be a problem."

System is rigged. ITS RIGGED EVERYBODY! Seriously all, its rigged. This pretty much confirms its not going to be a suspension. "We have good people at the league, it won't be a problem." IT WONT BE A PROBLEM?!

Archived