The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Love it :) 

Do you think he's Vegas bound? Sure, he scored 28 goals but only 15 assists and a UFA after next year. I don't see Buffalo protecting him. Mind you, I don't even think Vegas takes him. That would probably be a death sentence for Kane...

43 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Do you think he's Vegas bound? Sure, he scored 28 goals but only 15 assists and a UFA after next year. I don't see Buffalo protecting him. Mind you, I don't even think Vegas takes him. That would probably be a death sentence for Kane...

I think your right about Vegas being a death sentence for Kane.

I think Buffalo will use him as an asset,. All the excuses for moving him exist there,.  and they don't want to lose him for nothing.

I think Kane is paying attention to his game now,. Took a couple of tough injuries last season, ribs being one of those.. played 70 games and put up 43 pts.

Hasnt done that since his early years Atlanta / Winnipeg.. at 25 yrs, if he pays attention to his health and well being, could easily be a 50pt+ player for 3 more seasons.

With the changes the Sabres are making staff wise..  I think they trade him for a d man close to equal value.

Considering Kane has not, or has not had many 82 game seasons..

I'd trade Tanev.. he's no Iron Man either.

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I think your right about Vegas being a death sentence for Kane.

I think Buffalo will use him as an asset,. All the excuses for moving him exist there,.  and they don't want to lose him for nothing.

I think Kane is paying attention to his game now,. Took a couple of tough injuries last season, ribs being one of those.. played 70 games and put up 43 pts.

Hasnt done that since his early years Atlanta / Winnipeg.. at 25 yrs, if he pays attention to his health and well being, could easily be a 50pt+ player for 3 more seasons.

With the changes the Sabres are making staff wise..  I think they trade him for a d man close to equal value.

Considering Kane has not, or has not had many 82 game seasons..

I'd trade Tanev.. he's no Iron Man either.

Tanev for Kane? Doesn't make much sense given where we're at in our rebuild. We'd be better served holding onto Tanev or trading him for prospects/picks IMO. 

I don't think I'd be willing to give up much in the form of assets for 1 season of Kane. If we told Edler to waive or go to Vegas and he agreed to waive, I'd do Edler for Kane and a 3rd (I value Edler a little higher due to the extra year on his contract). But I don't think we could put together another trade that makes sense for us.

Kane gets you those "heavy" points,. The ones on the tight, close check to the net. . He is a goal scorer.. and at 25 yrs nothing like Eriksson, who I think will be 37 years old at the end of his contract.

I get that he is a UFA 2018,  but IF a deal was in place, perhaps it could be made pending an extension on Kane's existing contract,. Hoping he makes the "Home Sense" decision, to sign for something similar to Tanevs contract (4.5), and come home to the family he is very close to.

20 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Sure he's got his problems but Buffalo would be crazy not to protect him and Vegas would be crazy not to take him if he's unprotected. 

He missed 12 games at the beginning of the season but still hit the ground running on his way back. 28 goals, 15 assists (43 points) in 70 games is not someone you leave unprotected even if he's not in your plans next season. 

13 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

Those tires on Kane must be getting worn out by now with all this kicking.

Why do we need to suffer another summer of speculation lol.  Why god why lol. This article was the big cheese all last season lol  - God save us all!!!!!

On the plus side, he would add a certain missing element to team chemistry. Just imagine the mentoring he could provide Jake Virtanen. Jake could be Evanderf's wing man on the road; a couple of local Vancouver guys on the prowl, what a scenario eh!

10 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

On the plus side, he would add a certain missing element to team chemistry. Just imagine the mentoring he could provide Jake Virtanen. Jake could be Evanderf's wing man on the road; a couple of local Vancouver guys on the prowl, what a scenario eh!

On the ice, or at the Roxy? :lol:

59 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

maybe a mentoring role in his home town might get him on the right path. I could see him giving it all like Kesler did for us.  being the home town kid!

excited for the off season.  hope we see some moves.  Jim doesn't usually stand pat.

Archived