The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think we've kicked the tires, and did the vehicle damage history, and moved on. 

But he's from Vancouver, and thus, must play for the Canucks :rolleyes:

On 5/5/2017 at 9:59 PM, SilentSam said:

Kane gets you those "heavy" points,. The ones on the tight, close check to the net. . He is a goal scorer.. and at 25 yrs nothing like Eriksson, who I think will be 37 years old at the end of his contract.

I get that he is a UFA 2018,  but IF a deal was in place, perhaps it could be made pending an extension on Kane's existing contract,. Hoping he makes the "Home Sense" decision, to sign for something similar to Tanevs contract (4.5), and come home to the family he is very close to.

Being a UFA next, next summer (hey look, $14m in cap space!) we'd be silly to offer much beyond a B prospect for him at this point. Especially as we don't actually want him this coming year anyway.

I'm all for seeing if he'd come home at a fair price/term that summer though. A few years we could have something like:

Dahlen, Glass, Boeser

Kane, Horvat, Goldobin

Granlund, Gaudette, Virtanen

...as our top 9

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Being a UFA next, next summer (hey look, $14m in cap space!) we'd be silly to offer much beyond a B prospect for him at this point. Especially as we don't actually want him next year anyway.

I'm all for seeing if he'd come home at a fair price/term next summer though. A few years we could have something like:

Dahlen, Glass, Boeser

Kane, Horvat, Goldobin

Granlund, Gaudette, Virtanen

...as our top 9

So baertschi just dies eh. Lol he is better than Granlund and Virtanen... 

7 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

So baertschi just dies eh. Lol he is better than Granlund and Virtanen... 

I'd trade him. You'll note I have Granlund and Virtanen on the third line...

3 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I don't see the reason to trade baertschi though. 

I'd say future lines would be more like:

Baertschi horvat Boeser

Kane mittlstadt Glodobin

Dahlin Granlund Virtanen 

You think Baertschi is going to be better than Kane? Ok.....

6 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Baertschi horvat Boeser

Kane mittlstadt Glodobin

Dahlin Granlund Virtanen 

We have a lot of W's coming up and if we were to sign Kane, that makes Baer expendable IMO. And as one of the older guys in that group (including the inherent pay raises that come with that), not to mention being a bit of a 1st/2nd line tweener, I'd move him to a contender for picks/prospects as Dahlen, Goldobin, Boeser etc (hopefully) progress in to those top 6 W spots.

I'm guessing Mittel's gone before 5 FWIW.

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

I'd trade him. You'll note I have Granlund and Virtanen on the third line...

Call me crazy, but I think Baertschi has a better chance at becoming better than Kane. Baer's been a late bloomer and on the rise. Kane's been rather stagnant in production the last 5 years and there's still the whole question of how well would he gel with the rest of our team in the locker room.

Unless if we get Kane for a good price, I just don't see it.

12 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Call me crazy, but I think Baertschi has a better chance at becoming better than Kane. Baer's been a late bloomer and on the rise. Kane's been rather stagnant in production the last 5 years and there's still the whole question of how well would he gel with the rest of our team in the locker room.

More about team makeup. IMO, Dahlen, Goldobin etc would largely replace what Baer brings and on cheaper ELC's/bridge but then we also need some size and grit in out top 6. That's where Kane comes in.

But yeah, I wouldn't want to over pay for him. Fair price and term.

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

More about team makeup. IMO, Dahlen, Goldobin etc would largely replace what Baer brings and on cheaper ELC's/bridge but then we also need some size and grit in out top 6. That's where Kane comes in.

But yeah, I wouldn't want to over pay for him. Fair price and term.

Well, I think that's really going to depend on if Goldobin can become defensively responsible or not. Dahlen will also have to prove himself of being capable. I'm hopeful of those 2 players can develop accordingly (more hopeful than I was Hodgson and Schroeder where I had hope while shrugging off lingering questions in the back of my mind), but they're still prospects at the moment. Let's not forget that. ;)

7 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Well, I think that's really going to depend on if Goldobin can become defensively responsible or not. Dahlen will also have to prove himself of being capable. I'm hopeful of those 2 players can develop accordingly (more hopeful than I was Hodgson and Schroeder where I had hope while shrugging off lingering questions in the back of my mind), but they're still prospects at the moment. Let's not forget that. ;)

Oh yeah, trading Baer wouldn't be for 1-2 years. If I recall, I said that could be the lineup like 3 years from now.

8 hours ago, J.R. said:

Being a UFA next, next summer (hey look, $14m in cap space!) we'd be silly to offer much beyond a B prospect for him at this point. Especially as we don't actually want him this coming year anyway.

I'm all for seeing if he'd come home at a fair price/term that summer though.

If he puts in another good year I don't have a problem bringing him in as a UFA.  Shows himself to be an adult, puts up 20-25 goals, and stays healthy... sure.  Hopefully he turned the corner into being a pro this past season.

8 hours ago, The Lock said:

I only see Baertschi being a 2nd/3rd line tweener for most of his career. Im hoping that im wrong obvs. 

4 hours ago, KKnight said:

I only see Baertschi being a 2nd/3rd line tweener for most of his career. Im hoping that im wrong obvs. 

I think he's going to be similar to Carl Hagelin in terms of offensive production. 

On 5/8/2017 at 10:16 AM, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Baertschi horvat Boeser

Kane mittlstadt Glodobin

Dahlin Granlund Virtanen 

Would love to get Dahlin in the draft next year but I don't agree with moving him up from D to play left wing :lol:

Dahlen would go good there though

Archived