The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

16 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Kane scoring his 19th tonite.......in 45 games

to all you naysayers blabbing off that he sucks and is a cancer or washed up.......

would gladly cough up Tanev for him but now its gonna cost a lot more than that.

one thing for sure is he would be nice to have in our line-up when other teams rats are punching our stars or giving cheap shot after cheap shot.

sure doing a lot better than a certain washed up Swede on this team making $36mil

That's nice dear.  Trade one of our best d for a guy with issues who can score a whopping 20 ish goals that would need to be protected or exposed and us a Ufa in a year.

Here.  Have some hard candy :P

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

That's nice dear.  Trade one of our best d for a guy with issues who can score a whopping 20 ish goals that would need to be protected or exposed and us a Ufa in a year.

Here.  Have some hard candy :P

Ya, last I checked we still get our butts kicked with that "best defenseman" in our line-up. I'm still waiting for the day when I can make a scrap book off all them newspaper clippings of "Tanev shutting it down again tonite" or "Great match up between Tanev and whoever"

This team needs offense and Kane is getting it done whether you like him or not

Scored 20 last year and about to shotgun past that mark this year.

What hard candy are you slingin bruh?

Save picks and prospects. Build team hard next year. Pick up kane in 18/19 free agency when were ready to contend. 

Not only will it cost us no futures, with sedins off books we can pay kane based on his performance. If he turns into 40g scorer we have salary room. Trading now is just wasting futures when he will hit ufa anyways. 

17 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Kane scoring his 19th tonite.......in 45 games

to all you naysayers blabbing off that he sucks and is a cancer or washed up.......

would gladly cough up Tanev for him but now its gonna cost a lot more than that.

one thing for sure is he would be nice to have in our line-up when other teams rats are punching our stars or giving cheap shot after cheap shot.

sure doing a lot better than a certain washed up Swede on this team making $36mil

I don't think anyone doubts Kane's ability to score when he's healthy and focused.

The question is, can he stay that way?

Too much risk still in giving up a top D for someone who has trouble keeping focus and not letting drama from his personal life, spill over into the dressing room.

Unless he comes at a bargain, I'd be much happier trying to sign him summer of 2018, when he's a free agent.

Kane wouldn't pass the first test question to bring him here: Is he a nice boy who plays the right way? Sedins say "no".

I'm at a point now where I don't care if the player has been in trouble in the past, if he's youngish, can score goals and make an impact, sign him up. I'd rather have that kind of player than one who emotes zero emotion and doesn't play physical. I want goals, I want hits, I want hungry to win players.

If he can be a good boy for the remainder of this season and next Ill welcome him to the Canucks when he is a ufa. Oh look at that....thats also when the Sedins contracts are up...Ill welcome them too on year by year discounted contracts too....on the second line behind our first line of 

Kane   Horvat   Boeser 

20 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Ya, last I checked we still get our butts kicked with that "best defenseman" in our line-up. I'm still waiting for the day when I can make a scrap book off all them newspaper clippings of "Tanev shutting it down again tonite" or "Great match up between Tanev and whoever"

This team needs offense and Kane is getting it done whether you like him or not

Scored 20 last year and about to shotgun past that mark this year.

What hard candy are you slingin bruh?

Without our best defenseman, our butts would be far more bruised. But nice try.

Archived