The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Leafs looking for Shutdown D

Alflives

Could Tanev be of interest to the Leafs, considering the Reilly -Tanev success at recent worlds?

Insider Trading: Trade talks heating up for Fleury, Kane?

The TSN Hockey Insiders provide more details about Brent Burns' big eight-year deal with the Sharks, discuss whether Marc-Andre Fleury will be on the move before March 1, the Sabres seeking a blueliner for Evander Kane, and the Leafs searching the trade market for a shutdown defenceman.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-trade-talks-heating-up-for-fleury-kane~1000500

23 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Only if Nylander is coming back. I will have a life-time grudge against the Canucks if they help Toronto win the cup. 

For sick and twister reasons, my hatred of TML is more important than my love of the Canucks.

Pretty sure the leafs are much further away than adding Tanev to even be a contender, let alone win a cup.

8 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

I would gladly give them Tanev as long as one of Matthews, JVR or Nylander is coming the other way  Heck I'd even throw in Hansen to close the deal...

Honestly, I think Tanev is more valuable to any team, especially ours, than JVR. I think the centre piece has to be more than JVR.

Id be more willing to add to Tanev (within reason) to snag nylander or Marner. Nylander probably being the more available on the TML end.

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hell no. 

agreed, I'm not sure why people have turned on Gudbranson.........he's playing exactly the way I thought he was going to play and he's been anchored with a young dman who has been, far and away, the worst dman on the team this season.  He's had a lot to compensate for.

Archived