The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks assign 3 to Utica. (Including Rodin on Conditioning)

Ossi Vaananen

4 hours ago, Sedin Brothers said:

Screw Rodin. He basically stole money from the Canucks. Do we not have personal trainers? Did we not give this guy a physical before signing him? What a joke.

I would think that it would be worth the risk even knowing that he was injured, seeing as though he was very recently the MVP of the SEL (i.e. pretty much the best offensive player in Sweden).  And especially since the Canucks really need a scoring winger right now.  I don't think he was hiding the injury from anyone and I think the Canucks knew what they were getting.  Patience.  We'll see what he's worth soon.  GCG!

11 hours ago, Sedin Brothers said:

Screw Rodin. He basically stole money from the Canucks. Do we not have personal trainers? Did we not give this guy a physical before signing him? What a joke.

Oh man...:picard:

He was still in Sweden when he was signed (Mar 22nd) and no where near ready to even start skating yet. Of course they knew.

12 hours ago, Sedin Brothers said:

What???  

The he nucks knew he was injured when they signed him. It's not like this was a surprise to management. 

My thoughts are that they think that he is going to turn out to be a good player. They are fine to take their time with him. He is a long shot at best, but if he does work out, GMMG can ad a player to his draft record. 

I just hope everyone is not putting unrealistic expectations on Rodin. This guy already has everything stacked against him. First year in the NHL, coming back from a naggin injury, behind all NHL players by three months in games. I hope to see him do well but not expecting miracles.

13 hours ago, Sedin Brothers said:

Why is is when I am reading this, I picture a little boy kicking the pavement and saying this with a whiney voice.

20 hours ago, Alflives said:

I don't know where this is, but it looks WARM AND SUNNY.  Alf hates snow and cold:(

Paris in the summer is pretty nice.

But glad Rodin is getting back to playing games. I hope he does well, and comes back to make an impact since we could really use the scoring (and someone taking shots in general apparently after last game).

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I wonder what's taking Tanman so long to recover.

Seems about a month ago they were projecting him back in a couple weeks.

I like all our young D, but they're all in a bit over their head under the current circumstances.

Need him back to build his trade value back up :lol:

20 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I wonder what's taking Tanman so long to recover.

Seems about a month ago they were projecting him back in a couple weeks.

I like all our young D, but they're all in a bit over their head under the current circumstances.

I like our d atm.  Aside from Hutton who is struggling, I think they are holding the fort and then some.  Stecher is still thriving.

we aren't getting shots lately or pucks to the net.

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I like our d atm.  Aside from Hutton who is struggling, I think they are holding the fort and then some.  Stecher is still thriving.

we aren't getting shots lately or pucks to the net.

Team has looked TIRED (somewhat understandably) the last few games. Mediocre forward group, injuries and young D valiantly attempting to hold the fort through a tough schedule. We're lucky it hasn't been worse frankly :lol:

17 hours ago, billabong said:

Rodin is still an enigma, I have absolutely no expectations 

hopefully virtanen stays down there for at least the rest of the calendar year. 

Hes finally scoring again. 4 goals and 2 helpers in 13 games now

Absolutely,

there's no rush to call up Virtanen, he needs to stay in Utica and develop his pro game. I hope that Rodin can contribute but like you, I'm not expecting a Bure like premier or anything. 

2 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Paris in the summer is pretty nice.

But glad Rodin is getting back to playing games. I hope he does well, and comes back to make an impact since we could really use the scoring (and someone taking shots in general apparently after last game).

Better than Abbotsford?  :lol:

5 hours ago, J.R. said:

I just find it funny how many people are still looking for answers and/or someone to blame :lol:

True.

i mean if we are going to even use the word "blame", then, it has to be applied to everyone.  But really, we are exactly where and what I expected.  And I can't blame anyone with the effort that is out out most nights.

Possibly "disappointed" is a better word.  And my list would be short, but include: Sven and Loui.  I was a skeptic of both from the start for similar reasons.  If they are not doing what they are supposed to, then they offer nothing.

lets not kid ourselves, Loui was brought here to play with the twins.  Benning knows him and so far all there was to go on was big ice play.  So in this light, I'm a bit disappointed in JB unless there was some ownership pressure which I don't doubt.

people will argue that LE was brought in to transition after the sedins, but that's not holding much water imo.  He's over 30, expensive, and again proving to be one dimensional.  I just don't see the point.  And I didn't back when.

we were told about some sort of culture shift and more soft and or aging euros aren't going to help in that.

but what's done is done.  I'm stoked on stecher, tryamkin, and bo.  What we are seeing in Troy in his rookie year with a very average team is very exciting and promising.  When his iq and speed are supplemented with some forwards that can finish we will really have something special.

7 hours ago, J.R. said:

Team has looked TIRED (somewhat understandably) the last few games. Mediocre forward group, injuries and young D valiantly attempting to hold the fort through a tough schedule. We're lucky it hasn't been worse frankly :lol:

It's going to get tougher in this next stretch before New Year, lots of divisional games.

Archived