The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Andrey Pedan

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

There are already many threads of people wailing over and beating up on him -- player discussion, prospects section, "Jake vs Nylander", etc.  Don't really need to have yet another thread derailed into that because it draws the haters like flies.  Check out his prospects thread and you will see 750 pages on him since draft day, over 700 of which are full of why he was a bad pick and more recently how he is essentially a bust. 

...but JR seems to like hanging out there still ;)

Fair enough! I'm hoping its just a bit of maturity needed. My daughter has some friends his age and i'm amazed they can tie their shoes and find a bus some days. Others are like Bo though seem like they're 35. So who knows. 

9 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

There are already many threads of people wailing over and beating up on him -- player discussion, prospects section, "Jake vs Nylander", etc.  Don't really need to have yet another thread derailed into that because it draws the haters like flies.  Check out his prospects thread and you will see 750 pages on him since draft day, over 700 of which are full of why he was a bad pick and more recently how he is essentially a bust. 

...but JR seems to like hanging out there still ;)

ljOOA.jpg

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

Fair enough! I'm hoping its just a bit of maturity needed. My daughter has some friends his age and i'm amazed they can tie their shoes and find a bus some days. Others are like Bo though seem like they're 35. So who knows. 

A girl about 25 (university student too) had to ask my wife how to address a letter envelope.

Just now, riffraff said:

A girl about 25 had to ask my wife how to address a letter envelope.

A 19 year old son of a co-worker had to go get help in Whister last year  because he didn't know how to use a payphone. I Sh!t you not. 

On 17/12/2016 at 2:12 PM, Rush17 said:

with Juolevi coming up next year we probably could and still be decent.

Hutton tanev

tryamkin stecher

Juolevi Biega 

pedan 

it looks young  now but if our young guys keep progressing it could be a reality. I'd rather have tanev as a veteran staple in our backend then edler.  guddy is good but tanev is better.  that d is probably too green though for the org.  I'm just worried if our team will be picked on again if guddy is dealt.

Tryamkin is big and physical but he is focused on the play more then wearing people down.  not that he doesn't.  pedan in top 6 would solve that issue though. 

On 17/12/2016 at 2:12 PM, Rush17 said:

with Juolevi coming up next year we probably could and still be decent.

Hutton tanev

tryamkin stecher

Juolevi Biega 

pedan 

it looks young  now but if our young guys keep progressing it could be a reality. I'd rather have tanev as a veteran staple in our backend then edler.  guddy is good but tanev is better.  that d is probably too green though for the org.  I'm just worried if our team will be picked on again if guddy is dealt.

Tryamkin is big and physical but he is focused on the play more then wearing people down.  not that he doesn't.  pedan in top 6 would solve that issue though. 

Juolevi won't be in the NHL most likely,  probably start in the ahl

On 12/28/2016 at 11:11 AM, alfstonker said:

No but it will likely lead to another "whinefest" on here if we are defeated - and that seems more likely with Pedan playing imo. Oh well let's hope I'm wrong, he's earned another shot (not by his play in Utica though) just by being patient.

No player earns a shot on the canucks just for being patient.

Pedan can bring something the canucks definately need.....   Size , toughness and aggression. 

He brings the opposite of patience. He brings toughness and accountability to opponents that continually run Hank and Danny. 

On 12/17/2016 at 6:43 PM, ShakyWalton said:

They say he  played 13 games last year...I think he was up for that many but certainly didnt play in 13 and when he did play it was out of position and garbage time..the games he did play in he led the team in hits at 3.1 per game..and had a few fights.... his first NHL game was almost one year ago to the day against LA where he took Jordan Nolan to school.....I find it funny that some can find so much wrong with him in such a small sample size.

Pretty easy there, lots of stupidity on the CDC...

On a serious note, we need size on D and Andrey helps there and he's still young which most here seem to forget.

On 12/17/2016 at 6:43 PM, ShakyWalton said:

They say he  played 13 games last year...I think he was up for that many but certainly didnt play in 13 and when he did play it was out of position and garbage time..the games he did play in he led the team in hits at 3.1 per game..and had a few fights.... his first NHL game was almost one year ago to the day against LA where he took Jordan Nolan to school.....I find it funny that some can find so much wrong with him in such a small sample size.

I also watched him in the preseason.  You don't often see someone look that bad.  Willy saw it and pulled him immediately.  The fact that he couldn't get in under the circumstances described above should tell you something.  But of course, you would know way better than that garbage coach amirite?

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 2:52 PM, Gollumpus said:

Point out the advantage of throwing away a valuable asset... and yes, Edler is a valuable asset. Really. No fooling.

Getting rid of a player like Edler in this fashion is indeed saying to the rest of the league, "Hey, we're tanking!" Personally, I find such a strategy to be despicable and I'd give up on the team at that point.

The Canucks do gain cap space, and then do what with it? Acquire a UFA or two? Why do that when it takes away from potential playing time for the team's prospects? Not the optimal plan in my books, chum.

And for those who want a tank, if Edler is so bad then why do you want him to leave? He plays a lot of hard minutes, often with strangers for a partner, and having him do that allows the younger talents to play a more sheltered game. Either way you get your losses, and this way the prospects get to develop and gain some confidence. 

regards,  G.

exactly

17 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

I also watched him in the preseason.  You don't often see someone look that bad.  Willy saw it and pulled him immediately.  The fact that he couldn't get in under the circumstances described above should tell you something.  But of course, you would know way better than that garbage coach amirite?

got that right bro

Archived