The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Duchene and Landeskog could be hitting the market

billabong

1 minute ago, Provost said:

That would certainly give us a good chance at having an actual top line going forward after the Sedins.

If you got him this season, he could play on a line with the Sedins (plays both wings) and get some mentoring where he doesn't have to be the leader and can focus on his game.

Duchene is also a good target because we need to get faster and he would look good on the RW, it would likely necessitate Eriksson moving to left wing to make room for Boeser... but no big deal.

Hutton and Virtanen for Landeskog or?

Hutton, Tanev, and Virtanen (+?) for Landeskog (or Duchene) and Barrie?

You don't get their good players without giving up some of your good players.

I would trade either Tanev or Hutton, but not both.  To me, Hutton is a poor mans Barrie, and has room to grow, I would mainly be focussing on one of Duchene or Landeskog, and my preference would be Landeskog.

Lazy lackadaisical Matt Duchene and his contagious attitude is a lot of what is wrong with the Avs, their core is talented but they suck

Eric Johnston, Varlamov, Duchene are three big problems if they are all on the same team

Landeskog, and MacKinnon haven't exactly put thier stamp on the teams character either,

anyone remember a few tears back when a vet on the AVS freaked out because Duchene and his buddies were more worried about their post season trip to Vegas, then missing the playoffs?

On 2016-12-31 at 4:40 PM, Alflives said:

There are several proposals/ suggestions of Tanev for Landeskog or Duchene.  

Duchene would cost too much for what he brings... I'd rather have Landeskog if we were going after one of them. He has a lot of character and would fit with the team.

On 1/2/2017 at 10:34 PM, Type R said:

I would trade either Tanev or Hutton, but not both.  To me, Hutton is a poor mans Barrie, and has room to grow, I would mainly be focussing on one of Duchene or Landeskog, and my preference would be Landeskog.

If you are

getting Barrie back for your top pairing, a package sending both guys out is fine.

Barrie and Stecher manning our two PP units makes us a much better team.

it is also a way to make a package attractive to Colorado.   Tanev has the most value, but they don't need another guy on that side at the moment.

Getting Tanev + Hutton makes their defence much better, even accounting for the loss of Barrie.

35 minutes ago, Provost said:

If you are

getting Barrie back for your top pairing, a package sending both guys out is fine.

Barrie and Stecher manning our two PP units makes us a much better team.

it is also a way to make a package attractive to Colorado.   Tanev has the most value, but they don't need another guy on that side at the moment.

Getting Tanev + Hutton makes their defence much better, even accounting for the loss of Barrie.

I would have to disagree there, Barrie is offense orientated, not as much defense.  He is a top 4, but for the money, I would keep Hutton or Tanev over him.

i would not mind Tanev + Virt and a pick that's not a 1st round for either one or either one +.. Tanev while a great defensive defenseman.. he have all sorts of bad luck and is very injury prone.. including this season + the previous 3 season.. he's been injured for more than 60+ games.. and depending on how long he's out this time.. he'd might reach almost missing 1 full season worth of games combined in his last 4 seasons.. he's almost reaching Salo's status..

On 03/01/2017 at 3:43 AM, terrible.dee said:

Lazy lackadaisical Matt Duchene and his contagious attitude is a lot of what is wrong with the Avs, their core is talented but they suck

Eric Johnston, Varlamov, Duchene are three big problems if they are all on the same team

Landeskog, and MacKinnon haven't exactly put thier stamp on the teams character either,

anyone remember a few tears back when a vet on the AVS freaked out because Duchene and his buddies were more worried about their post season trip to Vegas, then missing the playoffs?

I remember that but Shane O'Brien was on the Avs at that time too and I think whoever the vet was who said that could've been talking about SOB. If you've heard anything about how that was Duchene being referred to I'd love to hear it

I don't know maybe a team that has been at the bottom so long might if they get put in the right position with free agents and coaching,could happen but doubt it.

Sakic I think will take what he can get the longer it goes as his job will be on the line sooner then later!

On 12/30/2016 at 5:26 PM, Type R said:

I'd want to see Landeskog playing with Horvat and Boeser.. That's some grade A goodness right there

And then have Duchene play with Baer and Virtanen,

Our first two lines would be awesome.

Landeskog - Horvat - Boeser

Baer - Duchene - Virtanen

Archived