The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

19 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Virtanen not in the picture.  Obviously a rift between players with Jake being the odd one out.

I noticed that Jonathan Dahlen isn't there.  Does this mean that he is on the outs with these guys as well?  He has been is Vancouver working out with these guys. B) Seems like a stretch to me.

• 1 month later...

Being that Igor is also Goldobin's agent, I found this clip very insightful. The same coaching principle will apply to Goldobin. Willie D coached exactly the same style that Igor is criticizing in this clip. Let's hope Green doesn't use the grade school detention method of coaching either.

I feel like Goldy has an uphill battle just to make the squad. He has to beat out Rodin and one spot is already accounted for Boeser.

Sedin-Sedin-Granlund

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

Eriksson-Gagner-Sutter

Boucher/Virtanen-Burmistrov-Goldobin/Rodin

No more Megna or Chaput hopefully.

4 balanced lines.

Gaunce and Dorsett both on LTIR to start year also on roster.

Labate first call up.

Edler-Stecher

Del Zotto- Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pedan-Biega

Markstrom

Nilsson

40 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I feel like Goldy has an uphill battle just to make the squad. He has to beat out Rodin and one spot is already accounted for Boeser.

Sedin-Sedin-Granlund

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

Eriksson-Gagner-Sutter

Boucher/Virtanen-Burmistrov-Goldobin/Rodin

No more Megna or Chaput hopefully.

4 balanced lines.

Gaunce and Dorsett both on LTIR to start year also on roster.

Labate first call up.

Edler-Stecher

Del Zotto- Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pedan-Biega

Markstrom

Nilsson

If he can't best out a guy who played like 5 games last season he doesn't deserve to be in the nhl right now. 

And boeser isn't guaranteed anything. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

If he can't best out a guy who played like 5 games last season he doesn't deserve to be in the nhl right now. 

And boeser isn't guaranteed anything. 

Craig Button said Boeser is NHL ready and said he showed flashes of start potential.

Literally said something is going wrong in Vancouver if Brock Boeser is somehow down in Utica.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Craig Button said Boeser is NHL ready and said he showed flashes of start potential.

Literally said something is going wrong in Vancouver if Brock Boeser is somehow down in Utica.

Well Craig Button isn't the coach and for an eastern media dude to say "something is wrong in Vancouver" is somehow something new?

Great thing for Canuck fans as lots of competition for spots this year.   Nice change.

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Well Craig Button isn't the coach and for an eastern media dude to say "something is wrong in Vancouver" is somehow something new?

Great thing for Canuck fans as lots of competition for spots this year.   Nice change.

Anybody who watched Boeser last year knows he proved already he is ready for the big show and it's not to big for him.

He already carries himself like a vet very mature for his age group like Horvat they are a cut above the rest of the Canucks prospects.

He works out with NHL ers in the offseason back home in Minny.

He's got a spot only question is what line.

• Upvote 2

I happen to think Goldobin is the most NHL ready of our prospects, even more so than Boeser. He looked to be toying with the AHL competition late last year.

Most likely they both make the team but 40 games in Utica wouldn't hurt Boeser at all. In my opinion.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

I happen to think Goldobin is the most NHL ready of our prospects, even more so than Boeser. He looked to be toying with the AHL competition late last year.

Most likely they both make the team but 40 games in Utica wouldn't hurt Boeser at all. In my opinion.

Goldy (love that name btw) is 22.  He's ready to make a difference.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Craig button eh. The ex gm? K. 

Traded JS  giguere for a 2mf round pick 

RELEASED Martin st. Louis.

Contrary to what some people believe this guy didn't write the hickey bible. 

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Burnt Gravy said:

Goldobin is a bonus. Worse case scenario we lose something we didn't expect to have anyway. Nothing wrong with having him as an option. 

We did lose Hansen for him. He provided speed, grit and some skill. You don't trade players like that for throwaway "bonus" players. If he doesn't pan out, then it's a huge fail on Benning and the organization.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

We did lose Hansen for him. He provided speed, grit and some skill. You don't trade players like that for throwaway "bonus" players. If he doesn't pan out, then it's a huge fail on Benning and the organization.

We would have lost Hansen in the expansion draft for nothing so yes he is kind of a bonus 

sure we lost sbisa but #5 defenceman should be filled by prospects with cheaper contracts 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

We would have lost Hansen in the expansion draft for nothing so yes he is kind of a bonus 

sure we lost sbisa but #5 defenceman should be filled by prospects with cheaper contracts 

Didn't lose Sbisa in my opinion. Guy was overpaid and was pretty awful. We are lucky they took him and not Gaunce.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Didn't lose Sbisa in my opinion. Guy was overpaid and was pretty awful. We are lucky they took him and not Gaunce.

You wouldn't get Sbisa for Gaunce straight up in a trade, imo and that is why LV took the more valuable player.

With Goldobin and Dahlen, this year's draft and FAs, added to JB's previous repairs to the Prospect Pipeline, I cannot remember any training camp ever with this much legitimate competition for spots on the starting roster.

Every position has quality talent knocking on the door; I can't wait to see which prospects kick down the door.

NHL GMs and coaches will give the jobs to proven veterans they can count on, and send down anyone that can be sent down without exposure to waivers etc.

I think Goldie has the talent to knock down the door, but (imo) he has to play whistle-to-whistle without stopping to show his disappointment when things don't work out as hoped.  For example, when he loses the puck on a breakaway or something, he doesn't go right after it, he stops and demonstrates his frustration.  Maybe put Ryan Johnson on him to show that non-stop motor, Dorsett too.

Luongo used to do that too and it really bugged me.  The most egregious example was in the Stanley Cup Playoffs when The Diva called an off-side but the linesman didn't.  LaGongo (Don Cherry) was half-way to the blue line with his arms in the air complaining about the call while the puck was put in the goal behind him.  May have cost us The Cup when added to other factors.  Point is though, you gotta stay in the game between whistles; there'll be plenty of time to discuss objections once play stops.

Along with others above, I thought Goldie and the Sedins looked real good and maybe he can help them attain the success they stated they want to rekindle this season.