The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How many think Brock Boeser looks NHL ready?

*Buzzsaw*

Keep Brock Boeser up for the rest of the Season?  

366 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Well said.  Pretty obvious the difference between Virtanen, McCann, and Goldobin versus Hutton, Boeser and Stecher.  Much can be accounted for by age, but it was remarkable how Boeser looked like he belonged right from his first period.  It was like a seamless transition.  Does not look like there will be any need for him to see a minute in Utica.

Yes I agree 100%. 

Brock is in the NHL & is going no where but up. So impressed with his maturity & hockey IQ.

Is it just me or does he look more NHL ready than Bo did in his 1st few games? Kids got NHL stud all over him.

5 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Yeah 19 in 69 games.he was on pace for 22.5 (let's round down to 22) and I don't know how good you are at math, but that's more than 20 goals.

I didnt saying anything about being on pace for 20 goals? If you could read you would know i said people with 20+ goals. Pretty basic criteria

5 hours ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Yes I agree 100%. 

Brock is in the NHL & is going no where but up. So impressed with his maturity & hockey IQ.

Is it just me or does he look more NHL ready than Bo did in his 1st few games? Kids got NHL stud all over him.

It's not just you the extra seasoning looks good on Brock and theres something about the NCAA - there star players that stay down for close to term seem to have an easier time adjusting right away.  The only thing to be concerned about is the half way mark of the regular season sometimes the large difference in games played and basically doubling the work load plus traveling way more can hit these guys hard.

Kudos so far for stepping right in and playing well ( almost twenty minutes last night with 5 SOG) and a ton of games over a short span.  

Wouldnt be surprised if we have our first Calder candidate or even winner since Bure (and second overall).   30-30 for both him and Horvat isn't at all unreasonable.

He's smart and obviously has an elite level shot, but man is his skating below par.  He is noticeably weaker in that area than most other players on the ice.  So, I don't think he's NHL ready, for that reason alone, but if he gets that worked out, he's going to be an elite scorer.

6 hours ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Yes I agree 100%. 

Willie is playing Brock way more then he played Bo his first few games...few months really....but that is probably because it is the end of a hopeless season rather than the beginning as in Bo's case.

Brock is ready...there is no doubt.

50 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's smart and obviously has an elite level shot, but man is his skating below par.  He is noticeably weaker in that area than most other players on the ice.  So, I don't think he's NHL ready, for that reason alone, but if he gets that worked out, he's going to be an elite scorer.

Brock's skating looks better in NHL than I thought it looked in college...he is faster then the Sedins or Boucher that is for sure.

6 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Willie is playing Brock way more then he played Bo his first few games...few months really....but that is probably because it is the end of a hopeless season rather than the beginning as in Bo's case.

Brock is ready...there is no doubt.

Yeah, remember Willie stuffed Bo on the 4th line throughout the first season? Willie even attempted to keep Bo on the 4th line at the start of this season too.

Just now, Creepy Crawler said:

Yeah, remember Willie stuffed Bo on the 4th line throughout the first season? Willie even attempted to keep Bo on the 4th line at the start of this season too.

WD does some strange stuff sometimes...probably for not much longer though....I think he is gone soon after the season ends.

2 hours ago, hatedkid666 said:

I didnt saying anything about being on pace for 20 goals? If you could read you would know i said people with 20+ goals. Pretty basic criteria

You said we have one person with 20 goals. Thats so nitpicky it's crazy. You know granlund this year is a 20 goal scorer. It just fits your narrative better to ignore the fact he would have scored 20 goals. That would have made 2 20 goal scorers . Its really simple.

5 hours ago, stawns said:

I agree his skating needs work but if he ready in my opinion. Always in position and very high iq. Five shots last night. Should have 3 goals in 4 games.

5 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

I agree his skating needs work but if he ready in my opinion. Always in position and very high iq. Five shots last night. Should have 3 goals in 4 games.

If his skating needs work and is looked at as a potential line mate for Bo for now and in the future, you gotta think they will find a way to spend the summer together and Bo and his trainer will help him in that dept.

10 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

You said we have one person with 20 goals. Thats so nitpicky it's crazy. You know granlund this year is a 20 goal scorer. It just fits your narrative better to ignore the fact he would have scored 20 goals. That would have made 2 20 goal scorers . Its really simple.

wtf? The narrative is that we arent scoring enought goals, which is true. I used a stat that is also true to demonstrate that fact. People on our team are going to get hurt next year and it will prevent them from scoring goals, kinda like what happen with Granlund this year. Dont understand why you couldnt comprehend such a basic statement. 

• 4 months later...

If indeed he has improved his speed and "explosiveness" then I think he gets a chance. I thought he took his chances well but looked a tad on the slow side when he played last season.

However he had had a hard season and he then had to play his games closer together than he was probably used to, not to mention the travel. If you take all that into account he was probably operating on adrenaline and no one could have asked more from him in the circumstances.

I just hope we do what's best for him in the long run, after all I doubt we signed guys like Gagner, Rodin and Burmistrov (maybe even Vanek) just to sit in the press box.

Archived