The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Name me some cult classic movies to watch

I been out the movie watching business for awhile, couple babies later and watching any TV show or movie is a luxury when we have the time haha.  I love the cult classics, might have seen most you will probably list, but let me know some good ones out there that maybe I haven't heard of, always willing to see new awesome cult movies.  

Some of my faves are the Thing, obviously,  or the big lebowski, or my all time fave, They live, with Rowdy Roddy Piper!  I love Carpenter movies, its a toss up between the Thing and They Live.  There are some nutball ones like attack of the killer tomatoes or plan 9 from outer space.  I think first one to watch is Eraser head,  haven't seen that one yet but hear lots of twisted things about it.

Don't know if one called the Kill List is considered a cult classics but it's one of the most twisted movies I have seen, in  a mind fu-- sort of way, one that needs repeated viewings to understand the situation lol.  Worth a watch for sure. 

Anyways let er rip....

Point Break

Army of Darkness

Mosquito (1995)

[One of] From Dusk Till Dawn* or The Lost Boys 

The Game**

The Warriors

Tremors

*not cult but both funny and crap enough to fit the bill

** I started a cult for this movie (don't read up a single damn thing about it before you watch it or it's ruined)

Where the Buffalo Roam

U-Turn

8 heads in a dufflebag

Very Bad Things

Things to do in Denver When You're Dead

True Romance

Truth Or Consequences New Mexico

Kids

Mallrats

Dogma

Havoc

The Bang Bang Club

Romper Stomper

Throw Momma From the Train

Dead Awake

Black Sheep

Bubba Ho-Tep (starring Bruce Campbell)

Elvis didn't die, he faked his death and now resides in a run-down retirement home in Texas when an Ancient-Egypt Mummy attacks the residents there.  It's up to Elvis and a paralyzed black man who thinks he's JFK to save the community.

Archived