The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

Roger Neilsons Towel

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?  

768 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

• Gerrard Gallant (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - LAS VEGAS)
    • Travis Green
    • Ken Hitchcock (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - DALLAS)
    • Marc Crawford
    • Lindy Ruff
    • Doug Jarvis
    • Kevin Dineen
    • Paul MacLean
    • Bob Hartley
    • Other (please explain below)
    • Patrick Roy (added post poll creation)
    • Ralph Krueger (added post poll creation)
    • Michel Therrien (added post poll creation)
    • Darryl Sutter (added post poll creation)
    • Dave Lowry (added post poll creation)
    • Dallas Eakins (added post poll creation)
    • Kirk Muller (added post poll creation)
    • Sheldon Keefe (added post poll creation)
    • Brad Larsen (added post poll creation)
    • Todd Reirden (added post poll creation)

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, Mad_Duck said:

I'd bet (with the possible exception of Goldy) that the player Sutter goes hardest on is Sutter.

He wouldn't play Goldy.  McKenzie was just saying that he was not on the same page as management re playing the kids - he says it became apparent the last two weeks when they called up young players.   

OMG Darryl Sutter is available. He's the coaching version of GMJB. He's the guy. He's a hockey man a la carte. Love the Green idea. However, the Canucks would be much better served by having a true hockey mind who has played the game and won the Cups.

Travis Green.  To all the people suggesting Green would bench young players for poor play.  Any coach does; but unlike WD, Green understands growing pains and would not bench a young player who scored a goal in a game for a mistake later in a game to put Chaput/Magna back with the Sedins.  Trevor Said it, "Willie wants to win"  not a coach to give developing players ice time....one who "plays safe" with 3rd/4th line checkers in behind situations...play to not lose is a sure way not to play to win.  Green Gets this.   Torts was wrong for a Veteran team...WD wrong for a developing team.  WD a good coach..for a Veteran team and I hope him the best..but glad he gone from our Developing team go GO GREEN!

13 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

To the Green supporters he had some young players added to his roster recently but refused to use them even with injuries he didn't give them a look does this sound familiar?

"Recently".. has the Comets in a tight spot trying to make the playoffs.. different year long story here in Vancouver.

Just now, morrissex95 said:

I want Dallas Eakins

He's very underrated and he's great with young players. Look what he did with the Marlies and now the Gulls. Lots of success in the AHL but can he do it in the NHL? He wasn't very good in Edmonton. 

When the next McDavid comes along, there will be a bidding war for Dallas Eakins.

1 hour ago, BabychStache said:

Hoping for anyone but Sutter. 

I hate boring hockey. Paul Maclean is intriguing to me. He did a great job in Ottawa.

Yea, but your username suggests you are bias towards Maclean for reasons other than his coaching ability :P

36 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

To the Green supporters he had some young players added to his roster recently but refused to use them even with injuries he didn't give them a look does this sound familiar?

Which players are these?  I doubt they are elite prospects as we seem to be short on them.  Since he is in the hunt for the playoffs adding fringe AHL players to your lineup doesn't really make sense.  

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Hitchcock for up to 2 years and Green as his assistant. Green succeeds Hitchcock.

hitch cant even get on the ice with his team anymore ..  health and weight issues have hampered his chances of being a head coach again .. 

Archived