The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value Of] Yakupov?

Rumour is that the Blues are going to cut him free. Is it worth taking a flyer on this guy? Maybe he can rediscover the skills he showed in his rookie year. The skills that made  him a first over all pick. Could he improve with a new team like Granlund, Baertschi or Kassian have.  How much would we need to offer this guy if he becomes a UFA .... $1.5 million/?  $2 million?

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/05/yakupov-expected-leave.html

12 minutes ago, Odjick_fan said:

Maybe a 1year $650,000 show me deal like Gagne got in CBJ

I think he would flee to the KHL if that is all he gets offered. The Canucks need offense. Yakupov  is a big time roll of the dice but at 1.5-2 million I think we can afford to take a chance

16 minutes ago, bassetgreg said:

I think he would flee to the KHL if that is all he gets offered. The Canucks need offense. Yakupov  is a big time roll of the dice but at 1.5-2 million I think we can afford to take a chance

yup true

If he is a UFA I can see MTL jumping on him to slot him in next to Galchenyuk.  Or if for whatever reason the rumours or speculation of Gally somehow coming to van were true then ya why not.  No harm no foul

I think Yakupov alone though is....ya.  Edmonton destroyed him.

Player tryout.  We still have the likes of Rodin, Goldie and Jake who would want to battle for spots on the roster and Yak needs to show his hunger and earn a contract, he can't just be gifted one when his showing has been so poor.

Sven, Danny, Loui, Brock, Granny will have spots, while Goldie and Boucher should also want roster spots.  As it is, the group in place is already small and skilled, so I'd rather the team fill the bottom-6 winger spots with more rugged skill.  

I'd take Yak. Low risk, high reward scenario. Didn't he say when he was about to be drafted that he wanted to go to Vancouver? 

Wow the 2012 draft was really underwhelming. Yakupov is 4th in points for players selected in 2012. Only 2 players from that draft have more points then McDavid (Galchenyuk and Forsberg) and Galchenyuk's played 200 more games. 

Archived