The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Friedman thinks Vancouver is interested in Eberle

homersexual

Just now, CanuckinEdm said:

The thing is Edmonton needs to sign Draisaitl this off season and Mcdavid next season. I'm thinking its going to cost them 18 mil in cap space. Making this trade they shed 2 mil in cap and get a third line center. 

It'd be 1.625 mil in cap space, and the fact is that they could likely get something of more value from another team for Eberle. Sure, we need scoring help, but with where we are in our rebuild, it's not really necessary right now....At least not for a player that doesn't fit into the age bracket. However, there are other teams closer to us that do need the help in front, and would likely be willing to pay a whole lot more than what we would, while still relieving them of some cap space.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It'd be 1.625 mil in cap space, and the fact is that they could likely get something of more value from another team for Eberle. Sure, we need scoring help, but with where we are in our rebuild, it's not really necessary right now....At least not for a player that doesn't fit into the age bracket. However, there are other teams closer to us that do need the help in front, and would likely be willing to pay a whole lot more than what we would, while still relieving them of some cap space.

I don't see us getting him either, I was just throwing something out there based on this rumor and who wouldn't want to see things like this 

Just now, CanuckinEdm said:

I don't see us getting him either, I was just throwing something out there based on this rumor and who wouldn't want to see things like this 

I'm not saying he can't be fun to watch, or that he couldn't be a good player on another team. Just that he's not what we need right now, and would only go towards undermining the rebuild that we're currently entrenched in.

7 minutes ago, Byrix said:

Jordan Eberle, Griffin Reinhart, Jesse Puljujarvi

for

Chris Tanev, Jacob Markstrom, 2017 2nd round pick.

I'm ok with something like this.

May need to add a little to pull this deal off, like chloroform and an incriminating picture of Chiarelli with a goat

5 hours ago, mll said:

His quote on Vancouver via: https://www.fanragsports.com/news/friedman-evaluates-potential-eberle-trade-destinations/

“I’ve got to tell you something. If I was Vancouver I might take a look at it. They’re really having trouble scoring goals. Just possible. Is there a fit there.

“But I think the Islanders make sense. I think St. Louis makes sense. Vancouver may not want to do that, but in a vacuum I wonder if the Kings would even consider it.

Thanks! So it's just Friedman's wild ideas. The thread title was completely misleading.

On 12/05/2017 at 6:28 AM, Baggins said:

Friedman has banged his head on the wall a few too many times.

I like how he had LA on there.  As if they can fit another 6 million onto that team.  They will have maybe 2 million in cap space for next season once they sign Toffoli.  He probably just said the first three names that came to mind.  And Goldy is a left winger.  He should try to use google before speaking lol.

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

Just because Eriksson is maybe the worst contract in the league doesn't mean we should add another horrible one, does it?  Eriksson, if paid 3 mil/ season is a good player.  Eberle paid 3 would be fine too.  At six I would rather have neither.  

Would you take Eberle for Goldobin and two million retained?  So for a little less than we pay Sutter we get a 50-60 point guy...or maybe we get a 40-50 point guy because we can't surround him with the same offensive caliber players as EDM can yet...

Personally I'd rather stay away.

7 hours ago, D-Money said:

He was at a 0.77-0.81 PPG average until 2015-16. At that point, they got a new coach, and a dramatically restructured line-up. Who's to say if he went somewhere else his offense wouldn't be rejuvenated?

Like I said, if Eberle is cheap enough, I'd be happy to buy low on him and give him a shot.

Every single year of the last 4 he's played hockey has shown a downward regression in his points totals. Coach or not that's an extremely bad sign for a player. He isn't even maintaining the drop off you say happened because of the coach, he's still getting worse every year. If he comes cheap of course I'd jump on it, but the previous user I was talking to was not talking "cheap".

11 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

Every single year of the last 4 he's played hockey has shown a downward regression in his points totals. Coach or not that's an extremely bad sign for a player. He isn't even maintaining the drop off you say happened because of the coach, he's still getting worse every year. If he comes cheap of course I'd jump on it, but the previous user I was talking to was not talking "cheap".

I'm only interested because I think he'll be cheap.

He's a risk, sure. But if the buy-in isn't too high, he may be a risk worth taking.

53 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Would you take Eberle for Goldobin and two million retained?  So for a little less than we pay Sutter we get a 50-60 point guy...or maybe we get a 40-50 point guy because we can't surround him with the same offensive caliber players as EDM can yet...

I agree.  it's best to steer clear of Eberle.  I wonder what return Eberle will eventually get for the Oilers?  

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree.  it's best to steer clear of Eberle.  I wonder what return Eberle will eventually get for the Oilers?  

His stock is pretty low right now....if it's similar to the Hall trade then something like a fourth defenseman...

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Sure, and Lucic for Boeser and two million retained.

Archived