The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Galchenyuk (discussion/proposal)

Galchenyuk wass not being utilized at his natural centre position when Julian got hired. I am reluctant to say this but this makes him expendable on the wing with PAC, radulov, Gallagher, Byron, danault, etc... I don't think we have what it takes to acquire him without uprooting all of our upcoming first rounders but you gotta wonder what the Canadiens mgt team thinks they can get for him. They obviously need a 1c which we can't provide them immediately and you wouldn't think they would want to wait for a centre taken high in this years draft to bloom (I.e. If we traded them our 5 OA pick). He still brings value point wise and I personally think he will be a high end 1c in less then 3 more years. What would a realistic proposal to acquire Alex galchenyuk be (from any team)?

Radulov isn't actually signed right now.  Galchenyuk, despite his struggles and his injury still managed to score at a .75 point per game pace.  A team starved for offence can't afford to trade away one of their most dynamic young scorers unless it's for an upgrade at centre. I don't see him getting moved but with Bergevin in charge you never know. 

Danault was their C1 this season.

Julien and Bergevin both think that Galchenyuk is not ready to play C and confirmed that he will stay at wing until further notice - they were pretty blunt in their assessment at the end of the season.  It's unclear if he will ever be able to play the position but they obviously said they will continue to work with him to become a C. 

The Habs could have one heck of a summer.  They're truly one of the teams to watch in the off season.

I really don't think the Canucks will be involved.  They really only need a couple of pieces to come into place and then watch the team develop.  It could be as little as high draft picks this year and next.  If you think about it, a future 1C and one top pair D and the rest is all support pieces.

The Habs could retool or rebuild.  Big moves.

19 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

The Habs could have one heck of a summer.  They're truly one of the teams to watch in the off season.

I really don't think the Canucks will be involved.  They really only need a couple of pieces to come into place and then watch the team develop.  It could be as little as high draft picks this year and next.  If you think about it, a future 1C and one top pair D and the rest is all support pieces.

The Habs could retool or rebuild.  Big moves.

There will be a bit of desperation there to get something done. I got roasted for suggesting it a while ago but I still think they are going to try for Hanzal in free agency, and the post season comments about Galchenyuk staying on the wing makes me think its even more possible. 

5 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

There will be a bit of desperation there to get something done. I got roasted for suggesting it a while ago but I still think they are going to try for Hanzal in free agency, and the post season comments about Galchenyuk staying on the wing makes me think its even more possible. 

If I were them I'd trade Sergachev for Duchene

1 minute ago, morrissex95 said:

I have a few habs fans who atent a dumbys and they dont understand why bergevin has this kid on sucha pedestal when duchene is entering his prime years for a team that is in win now mode 

Just now, morrissex95 said:

thats not a bad starting point... I think Sakic would want more but something structured around that might work. 

1 minute ago, morrissex95 said:

Anyone but Galchenyuk, Weber, Price, Pacioretty or Gallagher and I'm game if I'm Montreal. Their window is rapidly closing

So....picks? MTL has no one else.

If COL is looking for picks then it would work

17 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

So....picks? MTL has no one else.

If COL is looking for picks then it would work

Juulsen, Scherback, Shaw, Bealieu, Lehkonen, Danault, Nesterov, McCarron, de la Rose and Fucale. Plenty to work with for Habs and Avs. 

IF..Nashville win the Cup, the heat will be burning Bergevin's a** right through his fancy, garish suits. Wouldn't be surprised if he's sent packing.

Trade Weber? I bet they might consider this option. The comparisons will be neverending. Subban would just gain confidence & momentum in this PR disaster. It'll follow Weber, like how Kessel(in TO) was hassled & shadowed by Boston's 2010~2014 success.

Lots of Cdn markets trending successfully with an aggressive, marketable youth-movement, namely: Fleas, Oil & Jets..could see Mtl following suit. Imagine the haul they could land dealing say 2, of Price, Pacc & Weber?

So to divert the inevitable Weber/Sub comparisons, something like this would cloud the issue:

To Edm: Shea Weber, Gallagher, 2018 2nd

To Mtl: Eberle, Larsson(RH D), Puljujarvi, 2018 1st

10 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Juulsen, Scherback, Shaw, Bealieu, Lehkonen, Danault, Nesterov, McCarron, de la Rose and Fucale. Plenty to work with for Habs and Avs. 

Yep, the window is closing.  Time to trade off some picks and prospects.

Looks like they have several big signings coming up this offseason, so they'll have to be careful of salary cap.

Kind of looking like the Gillis Canucks.

Archived