The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

I tend to reserve judgement every draft. While everyone else seems to get all uptight or excited about certain players, I get more excited about learning who we are going to get no matter who it is. I don't even care if they fully live up to expectations or not. I think I just like the journey oddly enough. lol

Same here! I come from the era of no internet and no researching draft picks...You turn on sports page at 11:00 and find out who the team picked!

7 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Apparently a team almost snuck in before vancouver (before pick 5) and wouldve taken pettersson :o 

LOL @ Hall of fame.  Friedman read CDC?  So glad no one stole EP from us; I have a feeling we could look back on this as the equivalent of Burke walking away with both Sedins.

Edited by King Heffy

I wonder whether the team that was going to sneak in was the Rangers in the event the Canucks and Golden Knights trade went through...mainly because the draft video showed the nerves that the rangers were keen on EP...

for example 

VAN give VGK 5th

VGK give Canucks 6th + 62nd (which they had from pit via carolina)

NYR Give VGK 7th in exchange for 5th + 2018 2nd rounder or 21st overall (or some other piece as NYR didn't have a 2nd rounder in 2017)

Whoever was after him or whatever it looked like I am quite glad we didn't risk it...

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I'm going to say it the Swedish way, sounds better imo.

I think Baertschi gets it pretty good and Goldy's is pretty good too. Figures that the Euros can say it properly. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I think Baertschi gets it pretty good and Goldy's is pretty good too. Figures that the Euros can say it properly. 

The only reason Baer and Goldy got it right was because they have been asking Green to play on EP40's wing so much! :ph34r:

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, ELITE said:

Waiting to pick up my brand new Pettersson jersey. Still don’t know why Dahlen isn’t in the lineup with EP40. Must be some kind of speed issue or problems with the management :mellow:

His -3 stat line last night shows that perhaps there are lessons still to be learned.

18 hours ago, JoeHockey said:

I wonder whether the team that was going to sneak in was the Rangers in the event the Canucks and Golden Knights trade went through...mainly because the draft video showed the nerves that the rangers were keen on EP...

for example 

VAN give VGK 5th

VGK give Canucks 6th + 62nd (which they had from pit via carolina)

NYR Give VGK 7th in exchange for 5th + 2018 2nd rounder or 21st overall (or some other piece as NYR didn't have a 2nd rounder in 2017)

Whoever was after him or whatever it looked like I am quite glad we didn't risk it...

I would also add Detroit to the list. They had the 9th pick. EP played in Timira for his draft year, and that’s the same place where Zetterberg came from. Detroit likely still have strong connections in scouting that area and probably wants to draft EP. At 9th overall, I think they probably knew it will be very slim that EP falls back to them with Canucks at 5th and Rangers at 7th. Detroit probably was working on a deal to swap picks with Colorado/Dallas with the 9th pick+. But these are things we will not know until maybe years after.

2 hours ago, ELITE said:

Waiting to pick up my brand new Pettersson jersey. Still don’t know why Dahlen isn’t in the lineup with EP40. Must be some kind of speed issue or problems with the management :mellow:

Dahlen will likely be a very good player in another year or two but he's needs time to get stronger and adapt to the North American game. No shame in proper development.