The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

This team would be so bad without Petey. I rly hope they find another offensive W so we can have 2 lines. Teams know Petey & Boeser are our only threat yet they still produce. 

Also saw a stat, Pettersson's the fastest rookie to 25 goals (44 games) since Ovechkin (39) what a player we have. 

Edit: Beat me too it^

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Like 1

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/a/ddK0zO/foppas-varning-till-elias-pettersson

Article about:

#21s warning to Elias Pettersson 

The Calder race

EPs playmaking and vision (which according to Forsberg might be the best in the NHL) 

Translate it with Google translate, if it becomes gibberish tell me and Ill make a Translation myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ForzaTikare said:

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/a/ddK0zO/foppas-varning-till-elias-pettersson

Article about:

The Calder race

EPs playmaking and vision (which according to Forsberg might be the best in the NHL) 

Translate it with Google translate, if it becomes gibberish tell me and Ill make a Translation myself.

Thanks for sharing this. Didn't realize Dahlin already has 29 points. Sweden may just have gotten themselves replacements for Foppa and Lidstrom.

One could say that Buffalo turning things around has a lot to do with Dahlin. Just like EP has put the Canucks in the playoff contention, so did Dahlin(although he has more help around him than EP). I guess any time a rookie defenceman puts up 40+ points and has net positive +/-, you have to give them consideration for Calder. With EP putting up the numbers he does and if he gets to 35+ goals (which seems very likely at this point), EP will still win it but Dahlin looks as good as advertised for sure.

6 hours ago, ForzaTikare said:

Article about:

The Calder race

The 1994/95 season, Peter Forsberg became the first Swede in NHL's history to win the prize as the season's best newcomer in the league, Calder Memorial Trophy. In addition to him, only two Swedes, Daniel Alfredsson and Gabriel Landeskog, succeeded with the same company.

When Pettersson now leads the scoring league for rookies with superior 48 points, it is speculated that he will be combing it - or Rasmus Dahlin , who is second on 29 points. Peter Forsberg is impressed by both.

- We'll see who wins the rookie of the year. If Elijah keeps playing and playing as he does, he definitely has a chance to win. He has competition from Rasmus to remember. It is quite fun that there are two Swedes up there fighting for it. Rasmus has done so well too. Both of them will be fun to follow the entire career, he says.

The tribute from Peter Forsberg

- There are not many in the NHL who beat him in game memory. Doubtful if there is anyone at all. If he can be healthy and whole, we hope that he will have a 15-20 year to come and that Swedes will enjoy seeing him, perhaps not only in the NHL but in the national team, too, says Forsberg about Pettersson.

"There are more people who have had good seasons first and then have not succeeded directly yet."

Foppa, however, is clear with what a successful first season can mean.

- There are more people who have had good seasons first and then not directly succeeded anyway. So he can't just show off the skates but he has to work on getting stronger, faster and all that. The first year you just want to go out and drive, the second and third year it rolls on. So it is important to stay motivated. And then people start to get their eyes on one, because you are so good ice, so then you will be marked. But they (Pettersson and Rasmus Dahlin) are so young. So there is nothing to say that they should be worse in the second year. It's just that you get into it in some way.

4 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

I thought he tipped it aswell on the last slo-mo from the front.. Maybe we're just blind but that would make it 26 goals total

True, I was using that tweet above as my reference.  Only people in hockey pools know how many goals a player has scored on a given day, I hate hockey pools lol.

3 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

True, I was using that tweet above as my reference.  Only people in hockey pools know how many goals a player has scored on a given day, I hate hockey pools lol.

Not only ppl in hockey pools. 

I look at the stats daily. Sometimes more than once a day 

Never been in a hockey pool in my life.  

I hear what you're saying tho.

12 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Im not in any pool either, just follow my old Timrå players on a Daily basis, EPs older brother EP the older is now trades to The pacific aswell (Coyotes) 

3 hours ago, J-P said:

EP should win it IF healthy and if he doesn’t get fatigued but for RD to do what he’s done at 18 on D is very impressive. 

Both are impressive

It does take Dman longer to be effective, and at 18 Dahlin beats EP age wise

Dahlin plays in the East, and more voters will have saw him more

Can't go wrong with either choice

How the back half of the season plays out will determine it,

If the vote was right now, it would be a coin flip who they would pick

6 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Sorry, but in terms of skill, Pettersson is above and beyond Dhalin.

Totally agree that it’s not even close PETTERSSON is playing fabulously as a number one center.  Dahlin is (now) struggling as a defender.  Even his own teammates are talking about how their defensive play needs to improve.  Big article on Tsn where ?Sam Reinhardt and other Sabres call out their team’s poor (soft commitment) to defensive play.  Dahlin is in way over his head, and he’s one of the reasons why their team is falling in the standings.  Pettersson is a far better player.  Canucks are great!  Dahlin is going to go back to Sweden in two years.  Book it!  Tick took, and all that other stuff!  Canuck’s board!  Get the hell off it, if you’re another team’s fan!  Your team’s all suckaroo, and your prospects are bustaroo!  

Isn’t there a Sabre’s board, where their fans can go and pump the tires of their players?  

• Wat 1