The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

It seems MacEwen has passed Labate already ....just looking at the stats and game notes....I thought he looked close to ready in the fall, he is scoring and assisting on goals and you can bet he is hitting and intimidating in the corners and in front of the net.

I think Zack is ready next year and Man-child Gadjovich is one year behind him...now maybe he isn't ready to play with Elias next year but with Zack's speed, shot and determination it could be the next best fit to Boeser and when Gadjovich is ready I can see those 2 as a Naslund / Bertuzzi  Super Duo on steroids and more overall skill...

How can that not be good....?

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Guile said:

Well Hischier is at 14p in 18 games, in the NHL of course, and I value NHL production over all else, but EP is doing some stunning things in Sweden. So close between them Those two are miles ahead of everyone else I can think of right now.

Edit: Sorry, Heiskanen is right up there as well. See Sid for some mind-blowing stats regarding what kind of season he's having

Don't forget Tolvanen 16-13-29 in the KHL is unheard of for a rookie. Solid draft it's turning out to be

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

The thing is Elias is going to turn any 2 winger's into higher point producer's than they would be on any other line....I think Jake could work there some day as well...Jake is going to get it one day soon and then we should see some uptick in his game.   Jake may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but he has enough other stuff going for him that should bode well once his head catches up....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

It was initially speculated that Petterson may need 2 to 3 years of development time before making the Canucks. With the way he has been playing, I wonder if that get fast tracked and may even make the team as early as next year. Especially if the Sedins does retire at end of the season. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, gobi said:

It was initially speculated that Petterson may need 2 to 3 years of development time before making the Canucks. With the way he has been playing, I wonder if that get fast tracked and may even make the team as early as next year. Especially if the Sedins does retire at end of the season. 

It has always been about getting stronger with him. That will still need to be worked on for him to handle a much tougher physical league.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think Edmonton is going to trade for him, they have tons of cap space and need scoring, and Kane's the best upcoming UFA on the board. 

But you never know, we may get him in free agency. Pettersson will need someone like this on his line. Despite what others are saying players still need "protection". 

Edmonton would need to actually be in a playoff position before they start trading for any rentals...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, nzan said:

And everyone else on that leaderboard list are proper vets too. Sure he needs to get stronger, but he's not playing against men like NCAA "men", these are 30 year old dudes.

So true.  I notice that 3 of the top scorers  play on Farjestad, while 2 others play on Skelleftea;  Pettersson should be so lucky to have such offensive talent helping him out!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, gobi said:

Its not his skills that need development, his skill level is NHL already. The problem is, he needs to increase his size and weight. If he comes into camp next year around 178 - 185 range, he will likely make the team.

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Edmonton would need to actually be in a playoff position before they start trading for any rentals...

McDavid with 3 points in ANOTHER Oilers loss - good for my fantasy team and my general sense of well-being.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Guile said:

McDavid with 3 points in ANOTHER Oilers loss - good for my fantasy team and my general sense of well-being.

I hate the oilers, but am cheering for them to win because I'm scared to death of them getting dahlin!  That would be a real kick in the balls if they suck this year and get dahlin!

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, FireGillis said:

I hate the oilers, but am cheering for them to win because I'm scared to death of them getting dahlin!  That would be a real kick in the balls if they suck this year and get dahlin!

Dahlin could probably step right into a top 4 position...but there are literally a handful of other D. men that will probably turn into #1 D.

Boquist, Hughes, Merkeley, Wilde and Woo...among others...given a year's development any of those guys could be real #1 D. prospects.

• Cheers 1

I've said it before, but a line of Pettersson, Horvat and Boeser could grow into one of the better top lines in the league. But if we want Pettersson playing center, Virtanen might be a good option. I'm pleased with his two-way game now and he could fit in well as a physical presence on his line. Hopefully Virtanen can bring his physical play up to what it was in his rookie year without sacrificing the responsible game he's playing now. 

Pettersson - Horvat - Boeser

or

Virtanen - Pettersson - Boeser

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1