The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

Was just lookin at stats on Elite prospects and pettersson is now up to 21 goals on the season in 50 games. I guess hes been credited with a goal from a previous game? anyone know how is stats went up without him playing another game?

shl stats.png

EDIT: just went to see if Ryan Biech (reliable guy for prospect watch) has updated anything on Pettersson's point totals. He hasn't updated on pattersson since his last game

https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/969308865060749312

Screenshotted right now from SHL official site

Screenshot_20180303-090212.png

14 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

There is no sense putting a Formula one car in a Nascar race! :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Knucklehd said:

More like hit to pass

That was exactly the inference!  2 stars! :ph34r:

Some of the bump and run stuff in the AHL, especially in the corners, is exactly like rough and tumble Nascar races! Rubbin shoulders, fuelled up on moonshine, Jack & Nitrus! And someone else mentioned the damage RNH may have done to himself playing in the NHL before he acquired the appropriate size.  

My own personal philosophy is to sign Elias. With a proviso he does not make the team he should go back to Vaxjo?

But I personally believe he will be in the NHL next year.

Some factoids posted elsewhere:

• Has scored 50p while only averaging 16min a game
  • Has only been on ice for 12 goals against all season
  • Is only 1 point behind shl leader despite lagging 7 games behind
  • Has 11 more points than nearest teammate
  • Has already scored over 100 points in mens leagues despite being a teenageer
  • Second in +/- in shl
  • Only second junior in history to reach 50p in shl

So no excuses can be made for him being carried along, sheltered, or poor defensively.  Yes he's on a strong team, but he is far and away its best offensive player.  Next ones on Växjö are at 10th, 13th, and 22nd in the league at 39, 36, and 31 points.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

People are targeting Boeser? I don't know if I would call a cross check and a clean hit every dozen games targeting. I can definitely imagine way worse. 

What I am seeing is a far closer checking on Boeser. A hit and a cross check in the last 12 games is no where close to what he is experiencing. Stick work is constant and lots of elbows. 

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

What I am seeing is a far closer checking on Boeser. A hit and a cross check in the last 12 games is no where close to what he is experiencing. Stick work is constant and lots of elbows. 

Fair. But are you noticing t just in Boeser or with all players? The NHL is a rough league at time. 

14 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

Was just lookin at stats on Elite prospects and pettersson is now up to 21 goals on the season in 50 games. I guess hes been credited with a goal from a previous game? anyone know how is stats went up without him playing another game?

shl stats.png

EDIT: just went to see if Ryan Biech (reliable guy for prospect watch) has updated anything on Pettersson's point totals. He hasn't updated on pattersson since his last game

https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/969308865060749312

Elite Prospects obviously has a time machine as Pettersson got the goal today and now has 21-30-51.

12 hours ago, Odd. said:

Vilardi looks pretty good not gonna lie. If he was only 30 days older  with the kind of numbers he's putting in the OHL, he would be a top 3 pick in this draft.

Vilardi is a nice prospect, but his big issue is his skating. He would be nice to have, I'm glad we stayed clear though. This team is slow enough.

Unless he's significantly improved that aspect of his game this year.

• Upvote 1