The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He's not even on their team, never mind their line. That's a pretty impressive message he's sending all the way from Las Vegas. 

Personally, the reason I thought Pens sent him away was because they had big players in bottom 6 who could look after their star players.

If they have big body players like Kuhnhackl, Rowney, Sheahan, and now Oleksiak, they could afford to send Reaves away on a deal.

It's funny u thot Reaves could look after Sid from Vegas tho. 

12 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Off topic, but Reeves is probably the best tough guy in the game. I'd love to sign him to a cheap deal. 

He commanded a 1st at the deadline. A poll done by the players also had him head and shoulders the least favoured person to get in a fight with. He's pretty valuable believe it or not. 

13 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Off topic, but Reeves is probably the best tough guy in the game. I'd love to sign him to a cheap deal. 

Wouldn't mind Reaves as well, it looks like he can play for a tough guy. But I'm betting a team will overpay for him (we're looking at $2.5 mill per year) which is too much for a 4th liner playing 10 minutes a game.

35 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

He commanded a 1st at the deadline. A poll done by the players also had him head and shoulders the least favoured person to get in a fight with. He's pretty valuable believe it or not. 

The trade was at the draft and had some other pieces, but you're right.

36 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Wouldn't mind Reaves as well, it looks like he can play for a tough guy. But I'm betting a team will overpay for him (we're looking at $2.5 mill per year) which is too much for a 4th liner playing 10 minutes a game.

The contract might be the tough part. There are probably a lot of teams that recognize the value he brings. I'd be fine with 2.5-2.75 million per if the contract is only 2-3 years long. 

3 hours ago, stawns said:

those days are over, there's a reason the Pens parted company

maybe for a cup contending team that can roll 4 lines. But Cherry did point out Crosby is being picked on more now too. 

For us though we are going to need to protect the kids, and I don't know that Archibald is enough. 

1 hour ago, dpn1 said:

I think putting EP between JV & JG would give him all the protection he would need. :)

Good idea but unfortunately Virtanen will be busy playing on my imaginary line with Lind and Gaudette lol

It's cool though cause Dahlen will be playing with Gadj and EP! :P

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Gudbranson? 

Is the answer to what question?

Ooh! Is it: 

Name defensemen who have played for both Vancouver and Florida? 

I'll toss in Ballard! Do I win anything?!:lol:

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Is the answer to what question?

Ooh! Is it: 

Name defensemen who have played for both Vancouver and Florida? 

I'll toss in Ballard! Do I win anything?!:lol:

why does a player need to be on the same line to provide protection? 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

why does a player need to be on the same line to provide protection? 

He doesn’t, he needs to be on the ice at the same time as the other team’s best player.  You do not protect your best player by fighting  his attacker, you fight it by attacking the other team’s best player - mutually assured destruction, the principle of deterrence.

5 hours ago, pluralsight said:

Ross Johnston from the Islanders is the guy we need. He's young, mean, big, and doesn't loose fights. Also his pro points stats are trending up. I would try and trade some pieces we don't need for him or include Tanev in a bigger deal. Without  a guy like him we can't hold other heavyweights accountable. Reaves would also work 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

And still going! 

Dahlin called his season over after the QF loss of Frölunda saying no to The U18 WJC and the World Chsmpionship because he played 82 games and wanted some "much needed rest" 

Edited by ForzaTikare
  • Upvote 1

We need someone on the team who can beat up these guys. Or maybe one or two of these guys

Player Away Fights Home Fights Total Fights
Page: 1  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 next
Micheal Haley 12 10 22
Cody McLeod 6 7 13
Tom Wilson 6 7 13
Chris Thorburn 6 2 8
Travis Hamonic 4 3 7
Jamie Oleksiak 3 4 7
Austin Watson 5 2 7
Andy Andreoff 2 4 6
Mark Borowiecki 3 3 6
Garnet Hathaway 1 5 6
Zack Kassian 2 4 6
Matt Martin 3 3 6
Adam McQuaid 4 2 6
Alex Petrovic 4 2 6
Ryan Reaves 1 5 6
Antoine Roussel 2 4 6
Luke Witkowski 2 4 6
Kevin Bieksa 4 1 5
Nicolas Deslauriers 2 3 5
Matt Hendricks 2 3 5

Fight totals can be sorted by clicking on the three headings. Note: if you click on away or home totals, players who have 0 fights for whichever setting you chose will not be shown. Example: you click on Away Fights, and Ian Laperriere has 4 home fights, but 0 away ones, he will not be listed.

The date shown is from the last game updated this season in the database. For all previous seasons, it is the date of the last game of the sea