The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, cory40 said:

I am sure Elias will struggle, 5on5 especially first 10 games probably will only get 8 points then he will find his groove. 

Can you describe the exact moves he makes on each of those points? Every molecule even! I want to know it all and you seem confident enough to know such things in such detail! :rolleyes:

(BTW, I understand the excitement with Pettersson, but why can't we just let him show us what he can do rather than have these weird predictions?)

Edited by The Lock

17 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Can you describe the exact moves he makes on each of those points? Every molecule even! I want to know it all and you seem confident enough to know such things in such detail! :rolleyes:

(BTW, I understand the excitement with Pettersson, but why can't we just let him show us what he can do rather than have these weird predictions?)

You sound bothered. Too bad

6 hours ago, cory40 said:

I am sure Elias will struggle, 5on5 especially first 10 games probably will only get 8 points then he will find his groove. 

I sincerely hope not..Only 8 points in his first 10 games? That would be treding awful close to bust category. If that happens we might as well just trade him, because I don't think you can come back from that.

Edit. That came out more rude then cheeky. I was going for cheeky..

Edited by shayster007
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Two problems:

1. Canucks got plenty of PP chances but couldn't score

2. Marchand didn't even get penalized on that

Marchand got a roughing penalty. Daniel got an unsportsmanlike for asking the ref how many times does he get to hit me before you raise your arm.

• Wat 2

The funny thing about all this cory40 bashing ...is that he could well be right...

EP might score 8 points in his first 10 games and we would be ecstatic...until he scores 20 in his next 10...and we are all through the roof...and then he goes 5 games without a point and the sky will be falling again.

EP is pure magic and he will be lighting up our faces as well as the opposing goalies...but it won't be linear...just the prettiest hockey you ever saw...!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Two problems:

1. Canucks got plenty of PP chances but couldn't score

2. Marchand didn't even get penalized on that

1.  Perhaps, but their were an awful lot of infractions that were not called  Bruins were in their heads.

2.  That's my point.  That should have been a Bruin penalty, but instead they gave Sedin the penalty.

5 hours ago, Baggins said:

Marchand got a roughing penalty. Daniel got an unsportsmanlike for asking the ref how many times does he get to hit me before you raise your arm.

I thought that was from game 3 or 4, where the ref sent them both off when Danny swatted away his glove.  As I recall in game 6 nothing happened after the speedbag, nothing at all but humiliation.

24 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I thought that was from game 3 or 4, where the ref sent them both off when Danny swatted away his glove.  As I recall in game 6 nothing happened after the speedbag, nothing at all but humiliation.

Game 3 he got a misconduct for a scuffle with Ference. Game 6 another misconduct for 'lipping off' the ref.....

JUNE 13, 2011

Bruins winger Brad Marchand uses Daniel Sedin’s head as a pinata during a scrum late in the third period of Game 6. The Bruins are up 5-2 at the time so Marchand has no concerns about putting his team down a man.

“I took six punches,” said Daniel. “People are going to call us soft, but what can I do? We’re going to keep taking punches. That is the way we play. If the referees see it, I’m sure they’ll call it.”

The referees saw it this way: Marchand received a roughing minor and misconduct. Daniel, for catching six, also received a misconduct.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/history+hockey+hate+five+incidents+that+have+fuelled+bruins+canucks+feud/9285719/story.html

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Baggins said:

Game 3 he got a misconduct for a scuffle with Ference. Game 6 another misconduct for 'lipping off' the ref.....

JUNE 13, 2011

Bruins winger Brad Marchand uses Daniel Sedin’s head as a pinata during a scrum late in the third period of Game 6. The Bruins are up 5-2 at the time so Marchand has no concerns about putting his team down a man.

“I took six punches,” said Daniel. “People are going to call us soft, but what can I do? We’re going to keep taking punches. That is the way we play. If the referees see it, I’m sure they’ll call it.”

The referees saw it this way: Marchand received a roughing minor and misconduct. Daniel, for catching six, also received a misconduct.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/history+hockey+hate+five+incidents+that+have+fuelled+bruins+canucks+feud/9285719/story.html

Hopefully one of our 4th liners speed bags the worm marchand this year during a game. That would be fantastic. Or maybe Virtanen can break the worm in two on a nice clean check!

Edited by Kanukfanatic

On 2018-09-02 at 5:09 PM, 73 Percent said:

Cdc is ridiculous sometimes.

I see where he’s coming from though. EP *only* scored 7 points in his first 8 Vaxjo games, all assists.  Canuck fans were ecstatic, but we had no idea what was in store for EP after that.  Something similar could happen in Vancouver but I’m thinking 5-10 points in his first 20 Games before he finds his game.  But it’s nothing to get worried about.  

On 2018-08-28 at 9:04 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

Goldobin    Horvat     Boeser

Baertschi.   Pettersson    Virtanen

Ericksson    Sutter     Granlund

Roussel     Beagle    Schaller

Leipsic   Gaunce

Put Baertschi with Pettersson to give him a veteran scorer, and Virtanen to give other teams something else to think about other than just running Pettersson - with Virtanen out there they will have to have their own heads on a swivel.  Goldobin with Horvat because he looked good there at the end of last year.  Took Erickson away from any offensive player because he’s a guy where offence goes to die.  With the three new vets and Sutter we will have two lines we can give O zone starts to, and two lines we can give D zone starts to.  If any of the above struggle or are injured  - Leipsic/Gaunce.  Waive Gagme down to Utica - he has done nothing to deserve to play in Vancouver, and if Erickson struggles, he can go down too and bring up the best of Dahlen, Jasek, Gaudette, Lind, Gadjovich, Palma, or McEwan.  At this stage it is important to show that only performance keeps your job in Vancouver, not how much you are paid.  

On D:

Edler   Stetcher

Del Zotto   Tanev

Hutton   Gudbranson

Pouliot

When Tanev and Gudbranson inevitably get hurt and each miss half a season, it will create room for whoever is up to it - Juolevi, McEneny, or Sautner.

I think Dahlen will replace Goldobin.   And what’s wrong with having 3 scoring lines and get rid of the dead weight?  

Baerchi Horvat Boeser

Dahlen Pettersson Virtanen 

Goldobin Gaudette Ganger or (Granlund)

Roussel or Liepsic  Sutter or Beagle Schaller 

Eriksson and either Ganger and Granlund gone.  If we suit up the same team we will get the same results.  The team needs a change of philosophy,  3 scoring lines.  Vegas has 4 scoring lines and it didn’t hurt them.  

Edited by Pure961089