The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

26 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

So now up to 5 points (with a period left to play) in 7 games. Excellent SHL numbers for a player Pettersson's age. 

Any words how many points are on the power play?  He was extremely good last year 5 on 5 which rocketed his SEAL adjusted scoring upwards.

Interesting interview with Jim on TSN1040. He mentions he knew they would get either a PP d-man or a #1 Center. Mentions when the PP d-man was taken at 4 he keyed in on Pettersson. Cale Makar was picked at 4... I wonder what direction Jim would have gone if they were both available at 5.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Fantomex said:

Interesting interview with Jim on TSN1040. He mentions he knew they would get either a PP d-man or a #1 Center. Mentions when the PP d-man was taken at 4 he keyed in on Pettersson. Cale Makar was picked at 4... I wonder what direction Jim would have gone if they were both available at 5.

I'm glad we have Pettersson instead of  Makar

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Bigturk8 said:

It may be a 2nd assist but it's a pretty nice play at the line to keep the play alive.

Those three highlights pretty much settle it... Pettersson is a future 1st PP kinda guy. Those are the little moves that buy you time and space with the man advantage.

Whether he plays centre in the NHL remains to be seen, but that is not somebody I'd keep off the powerplay, regardless of the unit.

Man oh man, Juolevi to Stecher to Pettersson to Boeser on the open wing, with Gadj in front of the net???

6 minutes ago, nergish said:

Those three highlights pretty much settle it... Pettersson is a future 1st PP kinda guy. Those are the little moves that buy you time and space with the man advantage.

Whether he plays centre in the NHL remains to be seen, but that is not somebody I'd keep off the powerplay, regardless of the unit.

Man oh man, Juolevi to Stecher to Pettersson to Boeser on the open wing, with Gadj in front of the net???

....especially on this team :D