The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

11 hours ago, singing chef said:

I don't wish you to keel over Captain Canuck #12, you are much too valuable a poster, but I was a teenager in the '50s living in the UK and, despite my advanced years I DO remember Dan Dare from "Eagle" comics, as well as "The Beano", "The Dandy" etc. etc.   I'm sure Googlie will also remember those comics.

I can't believe he found one!...Fainting GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

On 6/5/2022 at 7:31 PM, Googlie said:

If you were around the UK in the 50's, you will remember Eagle Comics' Dan Dare and the Mekon.

Petey sporting the Mekon look .....

image.png.f4974523e3ac86dba53b62e0fded89e0.png

Old timers like me might think about these guys instead ;) 

8E84000C-2C53-43C2-B474-57533F071F6D.gif

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

You just know he's going to get like 40+ and 100 points in his contract year lol

That would be awesome!  Petey is a very special player.  If he’s scoring 100 plus points, we are winning playoff series.  Unlike McWhiner, Petey plays defensively.  

Pettersson scored 14 goals in his last 16 games and that's taking into consideration he didn't score in his last 3 games once the Canucks were officially eliminated. So when the games mattered between March 26th and April 23rd he scored a laughable 14 goals in 13 games.   

A fun fact:  When Pettersson was playing for Vaxjo he scored 10 goals and 19 points in 13 playoff games. 

In the month of April he scored an identical 10 goals and 19 points in 13 games.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Pettersson scored 14 goals in his last 16 games and that's taking into consideration he didn't score in his last 3 games once the Canucks were officially eliminated. So when the games mattered between March 26th and April 23rd he scored a laughable 14 goals in 13 games.   

A fun fact:  When Pettersson was playing for Vaxjo he scored 10 goals and 19 points in 13 playoff games. 

In the month of April he scored an identical 10 goals and 19 points in 13 games.  

With Miller traded I see Petey getting 100+ points in the coming season.  40+ goals 60+ assists.  Boeser will be the trigger man on the end of a lot of those assists.  Bo’s numbers will come down as he takes on more defensive responsibility.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

With Miller traded I see Petey getting 100+ points in the coming season.  40+ goals 60+ assists.  Boeser will be the trigger man on the end of a lot of those assists.  Bo’s numbers will come down as he takes on more defensive responsibility.  

We could have 3 100-point players this year: Petey, Millsy, and Huggy!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I hope we can see him hit 60 assists. He's def got 40 goal talent, if he can become a 40/60 player that would be exactly what we need from him. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

I hope we can see him hit 60 assists. He's def got 40 goal talent, if he can become a 40/60 player that would be exactly what we need from him. 

I'm wondering if removing Miller from the room allows guys like Petey to take over that leadership role.  Miller is a very big personality.  Petey could become captain in time too.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm wondering if removing Miller from the room allows guys like Petey to take over that leadership role.  Miller is a very big personality.  Petey could become captain in time too.

Young players need a player like Miller - to keep them in check

Petey finished 14th in Byng voting. Nice comeback after such a terrible start to the year. If he can play like he did for the last 50 games the entire year, he'll get a lot more consideration than that next year.

• Upvote 1