The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I think we should show Petey videos of Pronger.

Pronger got away with murder and Petey might just be able to as well.

He's 6'4" and about 195 now I'm guessing.

(Also, I'd like an update on Podz: 6'1 and ... 210?

Check out the Podkolzin thread

8 hours ago, thrago said:

This is a big season for Petey and Brock IMO, both of them broke into the NHL like gangbusters and this being Brocks 6 season and this Petey's 5th they haven't really progressed at all.  It's put up or shut up time.

I think they both had success too early and became content 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

Petey doesn't strike me as the "content" sort of guy. Brock doesn't appear as competitive, but don't really see him as the complacent type either. If anything, the 2020 playoff run gave these guys extra drive to get better and realize how much they need to improve in order to make us a high-end team.

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

I don't think they're content. They're both still young and have high standards. 

It's a process of learning and growing. 

I personally don't believe we've seen the best of either one. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Petey doesn't strike me as the "content" sort of guy. Brock doesn't appear as competitive, but don't really see him as the complacent type either. If anything, the 2020 playoff run gave these guys extra drive to get better and realize how much they need to improve in order to make us a high-end team.

Both of them have had reasons for not progressing, that in a vacuum you can excuse.  However once that sample size reaches 5-6 years you just might have what you have.  If they both have average seasons again you have to start wondering.  

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I agree. I think Petey lost his confidence and perhaps wasn't 100%, and he got in a rut he found hard to get out of. I think this season we are going to see a Petey who is out to prove the world he IS one of the top 10-15 players in the game. He has always struck me as being very driven, and I don't think the start of his season last year is all an indicator of the player he is, or the player he will become. He was quite on fire for the second half of the season, and THAT is the Petey I think we will see more of.

For Brock, he's clearly a sensitive guy, and I feel Duke's illness (RIP) was a huge factor in his focus. Hopefully he has now had time to grieve and can move on refreshed for this season. While Brock has some deficiencies to his game and may always, I still believe he has the capability of also being a ppg player.

And let's also not just put it on these two guys. Yes, we rely on them to produce but let's face it - save for Hughes, Demko and Miller, most of our team didn't exactly excel in the first third of the season. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1