Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 4:27 AM, Mackcanuck said:

Petey when he signed his 1st contract

spacer.png

Petey today

spacer.png

Wonder what weight he'll come to camp this season; Podkolzin at 6'1", 190 already looks pretty built, so if Petey can fill out some, watch out league!  Probably even tougher to knock off the puck and he'll have stronger one-timers.

• Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Wonder what weight he'll come to camp this season; Podkolzin at 6'1", 190 already looks pretty built, so if Petey can fill out some, watch out league!  Probably even tougher to knock off the puck and he'll have stronger one-timers.

He's looking very Sedinish in that 2nd photo. They were incredibly tough along the boards.  I remember Henrik being

the NHL Iron Man at some point.  Henrik only missed 30 games in his 16 NHL seasons.  Stunning, really.

• Cheers 1

On 6/28/2022 at 2:13 AM, Timråfan said:

What has anything to do with me being swede?

By your logic I would say that OEL is better than Hughes.

Hughes is amasing and will be a delicate double punch with Petey if both stays.

Miller and OEL is very good but not important for the future.

You want a glass of chardonnay with ice to go with that?

On 7/16/2022 at 4:27 AM, Mackcanuck said:

Petey when he signed his 1st contract

spacer.png

Petey today

spacer.png

The kid is finally becoming a man at 23 years old.  It's time to own the NHL, and stop being the human zamboni he's been the past couple of seasons.

If Pettersson can piece together the last 30 games of the 2021-22 season into a full 2022-23 season, he will be a force to be reckoned with.  Otherwise, he may as well be the reincarnation of Jorgen Pettersson.

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Petey looks thicker.

Also the Canucks helmet has swapped to a white chin strap instead of black. 

Ehh, I'm skeptical. Last year, everyone was goin nuts about how big he looked and he turned out to be the same size as always. We'll see if the numbers are actually different though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Ehh, I'm skeptical. Last year, everyone was goin nuts about how big he looked and he turned out to be the same size as always. We'll see if the numbers are actually different though.

Doesn’t matter when he’s on his game. He’s engaged, winning puck battles, reverse hits, defensive coverage. Petey adapts whether he’s big or not 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

Doesn’t matter when he’s on his game. He’s engaged, winning puck battles, reverse hits, defensive coverage. Petey adapts whether he’s big or not 

Agreed. I'm not really sold on the idea that he needs to be 185-190lbs to be effective. I think 180lb Petey is still good enough to score 100 points and play a solid 200ft game if he's in the right mindset.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Devron said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Peteys defensive game is vastly overrated.

Don't get me wrong, he's better than Miller and boeser in our end, but Horvats D game seems to draw more criticism that Peteys. I think Horvat is much better in his own end than Petey. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Peteys defensive game is vastly overrated.

Don't get me wrong, he's better than Miller and boeser in our end, but Horvats D game seems to draw more criticism that Peteys. I think Horvat is much better in his own end than Petey. 

I don’t know why Horvat draws criticism in his own end. I think it’s ludicrous. As for Petey he is quite good and has the analytics to back it up. Also I quite enjoy him on the PK. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

I don’t know why Horvat draws criticism in his own end. I think it’s ludicrous. As for Petey he is quite good and has the analytics to back it up. Also I quite enjoy him on the PK. 

Agreed about Petey on the PK. Which is odd for me to like him there but not Dzone 5 on 5.

• Cheers 1

Petey is actaully an offensive threat on the pk which ofc is good. im guessing Budreau wanted to test him on the pk to see how he gets more engaged and feel more part of the game which he needed to turn things around last season. a player with pressure and not producing was hard mentally so id say it turned out pretty good the 2nd half of the season. Will definetly be interesting to see if the muscles will affect his stability so he will be able to utilize his speed better... 

Edited by Mrwipeout
  • Cheers 1