The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Zfetch

4 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Woo is already 6 foot 205 pounds 

he will probably add 20 pounds to that frame

anyone know who he plays like?

NHL Network compared him to Shea Weber I think.

12 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

D prospect pool sure is looking much better now.  Time to pick up a good C prospect.

Will we really need another C after drafting Jack Hughes next year?  Hughes, Pettersson, Horvat, Gaudette...that's an exceptionally strong centre core.  Might just keep Pettersson on the wing if that's the case.

Just now, Rindiculous said:

Will we really need another C after drafting Jack Hughes next year?  Hughes, Pettersson, Horvat, Gaudette...that's an exceptionally strong centre core.  Might just keep Pettersson on the wing if that's the case.

Prospects are prospects.  Don't know how it will work out.  More value at centre if we need to trade any out because of depth. 

But really don't count your chickens...

34 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

wow, really fixing the d depth in this draft

a rough and rugged d in woo

to join elite skill of hughes

as much as I didnt expect to draft Hughes I am satisfied with Jims draft so fat. we have addressed our biggest team need and still can look for a center that will be able to step in next draft. Getting both Hughes and Woo is about as good as we could have done. Addressed the need for a skating D in both players and Woo brings a little size and can hit.

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Prospects are prospects.  Don't know how it will work out.  More value at centre if we need to trade any out because of depth. 

I was just joking there.  Yah, another D or a C would be good as our 3rd rounder.

Just now, DrJockitch said:

I disagree.... way more value in D especially when teams are looking to load up for the playoffs. When we went to the finals we had 9 guys who played significant minutes on the back end that regular season.

3 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

C can always play wing, wingers cant always play C.

Archived