The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

You appreciate when your team drafts kids with high character. Playing for Team Canada was clearly a dream and his emotional response makes you love this kid even more. You can take the disappointment and you can sulk or you can use it as motivation to get better. I want players on my team who respond the way he did.

• Cheers 1

It’s a joke that Dube makes it over him. Lind is a better player and I know Dube plays LW and Canada is thin on that position, but Lind can play all 3 forward positions and can be as effective on the left side as he is on the right. He is producing at a better PPG rate than Dube on the same team while playing with lesser line mates as well. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

It’s a joke that Dube makes it over him. Lind is a better player and I know Dube plays LW and Canada is thin on that position, but Lind can play all 3 forward positions and can be as effective on the left side as he is on the right. He is producing at a better PPG rate than Dube on the same team while playing with lesser line mates as well. 

Why single out Dube of all people?

Dube made the team last year and did very well on the 4th line. That line was basically the life of the team whenever the other lines were struggling. This year, Dube is a returnee and a better player. No way was he going to be cut.

Team Canada obviously saw Lind as only a RW because that's where he played for them. And I guess they didn't want him in a bottom 6 role.

3 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Why single out Dube of all people?

Dube made the team last year and did very well on the 4th line. That line was basically the life of the team whenever the other lines were struggling. This year, Dube is a returnee and a better player. No way was he going to be cut.

Team Canada obviously saw Lind as only a RW because that's where he played for them. And I guess they didn't want him in a bottom 6 role.

Probably cuz of my hatred towards the Flames and because he is a Flames prospect as well as the two are on the same junior team and I thought Lind is just overall a better player than him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ruilin96 said:

Two things - Dube is a year older (a 2016 pick) and is a pick of the Flames.  Hockey Canada and Flames ownership/senior management are very "tight".  If you don't believe that some of Hockey Canada's moves are not politically motivated/returns of favours etc. then I would love to show you some real estate (at low tide please).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Two things - Dube is a year older (a 2016 pick) and is a pick of the Flames.  Hockey Canada and Flames ownership/senior management are very "tight".  If you don't believe that some of Hockey Canada's moves are not politically motivated/returns of favours etc. then I would love to show you some real estate (at low tide please).

Fun fact Dube and Lind are actually only 3 months apart in terms of their age differences. Because of Lind’s birthdate, he was ineligible for the 2016 draft. Dube is born in July of 1998 while Lind is born in October of 1998. Personally, I like Lind’s game more than Dube’s. 

3 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Fun fact Dube and Lind are actually only 3 months apart in terms of their age differences. Because of Lind’s birthdate, he was ineligible for the 2016 draft. Dube is born in July of 1998 while Lind is born in October of 1998. Personally, I like Lind’s game more than Dube’s. 

Had Lind been eligible for the 2016 draft I would assume he would have been a 4th or 5th round draft pick since he had 41 points in 70gps and 0 points in the playoffs in 16GPS.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1