The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Ahh oh well. Lots of great players were cut from team Canada.

Can't believe Glass was cut. I can only imagine the reaction on here had we taken him 5th overall and he was cut, all while Pettersson's having the season he's having.

Lind was a second round pick mostly because he still needs to mature, and develop.  Glass getting cut is no surprise to me.  I’m not a fan of his being a difference maker.

this is too bad, but he was a late bloomer I suppose. Still happy to have him and hope he pans out in the future. Development is still needed though. Dont rush the kid let him figure it out.

I am just happy he will be able to have a chance to play in Utica next year not another year of junior

I wasn't too disappointed Lind got cut at first, because I thought he could be back next year, but like many mentionned above, he will turn 20 on Octobre 16, 2018.

My question is, what is the cutoff date for a 20 years old to play in the AHL???   Is Kole eligible for Utica next year, or he just missed the cut as well?

EDIT: From what I read, since he will be 20 before December 31, 2018, he's AHL eligible next year.  That's good news if true.

Edited by timberz21

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Ahh oh well. Lots of great players were cut from team Canada.

Can't believe Glass was cut. I can only imagine the reaction on here had we taken him 5th overall and he was cut, all while Pettersson's having the season he's having.

I thought Lind outplayed Glass in the WHL-Russia series. Did not see the game sheets but I thought Lind's TOI was much higher. The argument was Glass's 200' game was superior. I have kinda soured on the Canada WJC effort the past 3 years. Constant pumping the young kids individually and less of a structured team game. The Americans are taking Canada to the woodshed with their team approach. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timberz21 said:

I wasn't too disappointed Lind got cut at first, because I thought he could be back next year, but like many mentionned above, he will turn 20 on Octobre 16, 2018.

My question is, what is the cutoff date for a 20 years old to play in the AHL???   Is Kole eligible for Utica next year, or he just missed the cut as well?

EDIT: From what I read, since he will be 20 before December 31, 2018, he's AHL eligible next year.  That's good news if true.

Oh it's true. Gadjovich will also be eligible to play in the A. As well as Dahlen and hopefully other Europeans who want to come over, like Jasek and maybe even Zhukenov. Petterson could also come straight to the AHL even though I think his skill level will put him in a Canucks uni next year. If they decide he's not strong enough for the NHL it would be ideal to have all of these young guys playing for the Comets.

18 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Glass gets cut from Team Canada but Pettersson will most likely represent Team Sweden.

For anyone to get as excited about Glass in the WHL as people are getting about Elias, he would need to be scoring at a rate similar to Heponiemi which just ain't happening.  But point taken, I don't think many would have taken that bet on draft day.

I feel for Lind, hes probably thinking if he didnt get sick he could have made it. Hopefullt that is motivation for him to prove TC wrong and outclass the guys who are there.

Lots of QMJ guys who I didnt perticularily like in the games. 

One thing Lind needs to add is pace and PK ability. He looked like he was trying to slow the game down at times, but it wasnt working the way he intended. I think playing with more pace will allow him to change speeds more effecitvely and create space in a similar way to Boeser

57 minutes ago, SamJamIam said:

For anyone to get as excited about Glass in the WHL as people are getting about Elias, he would need to be scoring at a rate similar to Heponiemi which just ain't happening.  But point taken, I don't think many would have taken that bet on draft day.

But...but, he's so tiny.  How will he ever withstand those big NHL hits?!!!!!!

Getting back to Lind...It doesn't surprise me that Kole didn't make the team.  After all, he's only played a couple of games since he came back from being sick with mono.  Hopefully he can get his full energy back soon and will continue his scoring race with Mr. Glass.  Even though Lind's a bit older than Glass, it is still an awesome thing for him to be in a scoring race with a #5 draft pick.

• Upvote 1

TC hasn't made the best choices over the years on who should or should not make the roster. There are reasons why Canada has only won 1 Gold Medal in the past 8 years. I hope Lind makes them kick themselves with his play the rest of the year. Just as Samuelsson did when he was snub by Team Sweden for the Olympics in 2010.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, higgyfan said:

Naw, I was just comparing it to JBs comment at the draft.

I sure like his response to not making the cut though, eh?

Yup.  No “poor me” in that kid.  He’s pissed, and he’s proving to the Team Canada brass, that if there is an injury, he’s the guy they should call.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3