The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

Steenbergen could have easily been replaced by Lind in my opinion on Team Canada. Good news is that Lind will get huge minutes for the Rockets in early January though.

Hopefully he takes his game to a new level regardless of where he is playing. 

21 hours ago, Derp... said:

Steenbergen could have easily been replaced by Lind in my opinion on Team Canada. Good news is that Lind will get huge minutes for the Rockets in early January though.

Hopefully he takes his game to a new level regardless of where he is playing. 

Steenburgen is amazing and deserves to play higher up in the lineup on team Canada. 

21 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Steenburgen is amazing and deserves to play higher up in the lineup on team Canada. 

I agree with this.  Dube, on the other hand, has looked fairly average at best and seems to have an inability to make a proper pass or receive one.   He is not good on the powerplay - at least so far.   He is one selection that so far doesn't look like a good one for Team Canada.

19 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I agree with this.  Dube, on the other hand, has looked fairly average at best and seems to have an inability to make a proper pass or receive one.   He is not good on the powerplay - at least so far.   He is one selection that so far doesn't look like a good one for Team Canada.

What gets me is Steenburgen is the top goal scorer in the entire chl and doesn't play on the pp. I watch a decent amount of whl hockey and the guy is like boeser when he has the puck. Give him a good pass when he's in front of the net and it's almost always a goal.

1 minute ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

What gets me is Steenburgen is the top goal scorer in the entire chl and doesn't play on the pp. I watch a decent amount of whl hockey and the guy is like boeser when he has the puck. Give him a good pass when he's in front of the net and it's almost always a goal.

These teams are always somewhat political in both selection and in the lines that arise.   Hockey Canada definitely plays a role that is probably much larger than anyone who isn't on the "inside" realizes.   While there certainly is some legitimate competition in the summer and then final evaluation camp, some spots seem gifted to players who don't seem to have earned it in this particularly season and other players seem shunned or not even part of the process who would seemingly be great fits.

Yup Zepp. Decisions by committee rule the day. For example leaving Dube off the team means opening up criticism along the lines of they left off a guy who was there last year. Committee thinking is we don't  want to be open to that criticism. So he makes the team.

Leaving off Lind is easily justified by - he had mono. Committee thinks that's

true. So he is off the team.

When a committee decides, the decision drifts toward the safe choice based on avoiding criticism for the selection committee. True in every walk of life, not just hockey. 

On 23/12/2017 at 7:52 PM, N7Nucks said:

That’s the AHL magic number. He needs at least 3+ Points per game in the CHL to be considered a success. Lind fell outta the 1st round for a reason. #NotAStar

Three points a game to be considered a success in the CHL?  In a 76 game season, that is 228 points!  Even McDavid didn't achieve that. he had 162 in 62 games.  The last player before him to get 162 points was Andrew Brunette... 22 years ago!

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Three points a game to be considered a success in the CHL?  In a 76 game season, that is 228 points!  Even McDavid didn't achieve that. he had 162 in 62 games.  The last player before him to get 162 points was Andrew Brunette... 22 years ago!

I know, the joke was someone posted that in order to have a successful year in the AHL you need 2 points a game or something. I just applied the joke to the CHL.

8 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

These teams are always somewhat political in both selection and in the lines that arise.   Hockey Canada definitely plays a role that is probably much larger than anyone who isn't on the "inside" realizes.   While there certainly is some legitimate competition in the summer and then final evaluation camp, some spots seem gifted to players who don't seem to have earned it in this particularly season and other players seem shunned or not even part of the process who would seemingly be great fits.

How much do you think it rankled OHL brain trust when a Western dominated and coached team won Gold medial after Gold medal at the WJC. It was taken back east with poor results ever since. For the last 3 years it has been more about TSN pumping the tires of their selected wunderkin than actually selecting a roster that could win. Big money at work IMHO. Give me a Sutter braintrust anytime.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Lind had that swagger that is gonna electrify not only the fans but his teammates when he makes the big club.

Yeah I said when not if. ::D

Kassler'ish.... need that.... 

Something good is brewing in Vancouver.