The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Sure were reaches Debrusk & Senyshen!

But so was Petterson & Juolevi, Virtanen to an extent. Yet we are developing a nice pool!

And so are they. If you are to laugh at their ''mistakes?''  Look at Carlo, McAvoy, Grzelcyk, Bjork, Forsbacka Karlsson, Heinen, Pastrnak, Vaakainen looks good, Ryan Lindgren, Frederic, Donato?  Debrusk is actually in the NHL and playing very well.  A better pick than many thought, as much as they missed out.  Credit their good picks as well. Guys like McGuire believed going into the year that Boston had a top 3 or 5 prospect pool in the NHL. 

Not only that? Many have been pressed into service this year due to injuries. They have accounted for themselves very well. And have their team in a playoff position.  

You have to look at the whole picture? Not just the one that got away!

Pettersson was not a reach, neither was juolevi and comparing them to the sensyshen and debrusk level of reach is even worse...

Virtanen was debatable but he was still mocked in where we took him.

debrusk was ranked early second and sentshen was ranked mid to late second they were the biggest first round reaches I have seen in a long time... and pastrnak was not picked by Sweeney.

McAvoy great, Canucks scouts were also very high on him and he's turned out incredible for them that's great. But they had 3 picks in a row and could have done much better. This is kole lind thread not Boston prospects thread  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Sure were reaches Debrusk & Senyshen!

But so was Petterson & Juolevi, Virtanen to an extent. Yet we are developing a nice pool!

And so are they. If you are to laugh at their ''mistakes?''  Look at Carlo, McAvoy, Grzelcyk, Bjork, Forsbacka Karlsson, Heinen, Pastrnak, Vaakainen looks good, Ryan Lindgren, Frederic, Donato?  Debrusk is actually in the NHL and playing very well.  A better pick than many thought, as much as they missed out.  Credit their good picks as well. Guys like McGuire believed going into the year that Boston had a top 3 or 5 prospect pool in the NHL. 

Not only that? Many have been pressed into service this year due to injuries. They have accounted for themselves very well. And have their team in a playoff position.  

You have to look at the whole picture? Not just the one that got away!

Absolutely!

• Like 1

1 assist through the first period.

Lind's extremely fast and electric with the puck. Kind of reminds me of Barzal with how much he controls the play and his electric speed. Has great puck skills too.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/30/2017 at 8:26 AM, Odd. said:

Does anybody know if it's worth to subscribe to WHL live and watch streams there? Don't know how great of a broadcasting the WHL has. As far as I know it's not as good as the OHL's or the QMJHL's.

It can be really choppy feed at times but I am a sucker and have a number of these but if you do it, don't get too frustrated with the lag etc. at times.   It is quite cheap so realize you kinda get what you pay for.

14 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

It can be really choppy feed at times but I am a sucker and have a number of these but if you do it, don't get too frustrated with the lag etc. at times.   It is quite cheap so realize you kinda get what you pay for.

yeah i paid for the 5 game package of my choice ($29.99) It's not bad, definitely not great though. its like 360p and not the greatest audio. but yes, you get what you pay for.

I've seen a few Kelowna games, majority of them earlier in the season. Seeing Lind light it up recently, I wanted to see for myself. He hasn't disappointed at all.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

Kole Lind with a nifty pass to Topping who missed but Bruggen-cate picks up the garbage. 

2 assists for him tonight with nearly half the 3rd period left.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Kole Lind with a secondary assist. only 5 minutes into the first period.

Has looked real sharp.

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

1 assist through the first period.

Lind's extremely fast and electric with the puck. Kind of reminds me of Barzal with how much he controls the play and his electric speed. Has great puck skills too.

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Kole Lind with a nifty pass to Topping who missed but Bruggen-cate picks up the garbage. 

2 assists for him tonight with nearly half the game left.

Image result for you are the real mvp

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

That Nolan Foote kid is pretty good.

I think he might go a little higher then Cal once he gets drafted. Nolan has top 10 written all over him. Would be killer if Vancouver could land him eventually. Blood lines are strong in that family and I have no doubt Cal and Nolan will be terrific NHLers!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, High and Inside said:

I think he might go a little higher then Cal once he gets drafted. Nolan has top 10 written all over him. Would be killer if Vancouver could land him eventually. Blood lines are strong in that family and I have no doubt Cal and Nolan will be terrific NHLers!

yeah. he's a projected top 10 pick in next years draft. 

Ok, so kole had a meh game, I think he finished with two assists, the first he made a nice play off the wall in his own end to Kyle topping, who had a good game and is a "c" rated prospect for this year's draft, who chipped it for a partial breakaway and the guy sniped one. The second one was mostly a broken play someone banged home, the reason I say it was meh is because he made a lot of half hearted plays in both ends of the ice. Over passed a few times, would like to see him be more selfish once in awhile, has a great shot, I'm sure with a little more puck luck he would have two more assists and probably a goal though. 

Nolan Foote had an outstanding game, I think he had a goal and two helpers, but was creating all night, finishing checks and playing well defensively, his skating needs serious work however. 

One player who caught my eye on the rockets was a dman by the name of Kaden korczak, not sure on spelling, I believe he was the rockets first round pick last year, so probably not draft eligible until next year, but he was constantly moving up ice with the play, moving around in the offensive zone creating chances, think he had one assist but easily could have added two goals, smooth skater, and didn't shy away from playing the body in his zone, once he gets stronger he could be the next dman out of the factory in Kelowna. 

Anyway, well past my bed time, I wanted to be more in depth with my thoughts, but im lazy now. Also I know this is the Lind discussion so sorry for bringing up other guys! 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1